yrffobd's Request

ㅅ.ㅅ Exo Fanfic Request Shop ㅅ.ㅅ [CLOSED]

(Untitled) written by anyavadar

Word Count: 4235

B/n: PG-13 for violent content. I'm not sure this is exactly what you wanted, but hopefully you enjoy it anyway~

Kyungsoo sat crouched behind a railing, lowering his binoculars down slowly. Kim Jongin. The man he’d been trailing for a year now sat quietly in his living room, reading. Jongin had been a spy once, an agent Kyungsoo was very close to, until...

Never mind.

 Kyungsoo watched a moment longer, making sure he went unnoticed – not that he expected Jongin to see him; even after a year, Jongin hadn’t realized he was under Kyungsoo’s watch – before standing and slowly walking away.

Soon, Kyungsoo promised himself. I’ll kill him for what he did. That bastard Kim Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo headed to his car, half on auto-pilot as he drove to his destination; today, it wasn’t for work-related purposes. In moments he found himself pulling up to the graveyard, taking the red roses from his passenger seat and following the familiar route through the tombstones until his feet stopped him at the base of one. This one was more recent than most, and though he did his best to keep his composure, soon Kyungsoo felt a tear slip out the corner of his eye. He dropped the roses, pricking his finger with a thorn as he read the engraved name on the headstone.

Oh Sehun.

Having paid his dues, Kyungsoo turned around before he could let himself breakdown, walking back towards his car.

“Kyungsoo?”

At the sound of his name Kyungsoo turned, and then his blood went cold as he caught sight of a too-familiar (and much unwanted) face.

“Jongin.” Kyungsoo couldn’t hide the shock in his voice.

“How have you been?” Jongin smiled warmly, as if we were still friends. As if…

It made Kyungsoo sick. “I’ve been well,” a forced smile came to his lips. Never show your emotions to the enemy. It only plays into their hand.  What Jongin didn’t know – well, it would hurt him. “You?”

“Good,” Jongin replied, and then he grew a bit more somber. “I, um…” He nodded in the direction Kyungsoo had just come from, and Kyungsoo understood what he meant. As much as Kyungsoo longed to ask why Jongin was here, how he even knew where the grave was – because Jongin had not been at the funeral – he held his tongue on the subject.

“I’ll… leave you to it then,” Kyungsoo offered, though he was tempted to stay. If I killed him now, they wouldn’t have to move him. But no, it was (sadly) too risky.

But fate seemed to be teasing him, because suddenly Jongin was suggesting, “Hey – did you want to come to my place for a drink? I – I’ll just be a minute.”

Immediately Kyungsoo’s mind began whirring into action, formulating ideas, possibilities. Was this a trap? But then, what need did Jongin have to cause him harm? Anything’s possible. I trusted him before, and now look where we are. It was too great an opportunity to turn down, though, so Kyungsoo nodded and told Jongin he would wait at his car. The whole time, he kept his eye on Jongin from afar, but the man just made his way to the grave Kyungsoo had left and stood over it for a moment, head bowed. Then he was coming back towards Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo was pulling himself together to look as casual as he could.

“Do you remember where it is?” Jongin asked him almost shyly. Kyungsoo had forgotten how Jongin was sometimes, but he just shrugged it off internally.

“I’ll follow you.” As if Kyungsoo didn’t go to Jongin’s daily; but there were many things Kyungsoo didn’t ever need to tell him.

 

“Thank you,” Kyungsoo took a warm mug out of Jongin’s hands, bowing his head slightly. He wasn’t sure how he’d ended up here, drinking coffee with Jongin in the boy’s home. On a whim of fate, he supposed; he wouldn’t miss the opportunity though.

Finally inside – after a year of only glimpses from the distance – Kyungsoo had to admit that Jongin’s house was nice. It smelled like him. Kyungsoo couldn’t lie, he missed the once-familiar scent.

“You’re still handsome as always,” Jongin complimented him softly. Kyungsoo barely heard him, focusing on the plan running through his mind.

“Oh, yeah, I-” Kyungsoo cut himself of as he “accidently” tilted his wrist, spilling coffee on his – expensive – white shirt (reluctantly; but anything for the cause). It scalded for a brief second and then cooled surprisingly fast.

Jongin jumped into action, grabbing a cloth and rushing to Kyungsoo, dabbing at his shirt. “Oh gosh – hyung are you okay?” Kyungsoo was somewhat surprised to see Jongin’s cheek flush. “Here, take that off, I can clean it.”

Kyungsoo obeyed, stripping out of his shirt and handing it to the other – feeling only slightly embarrassed; it wasn’t like no one had ever seen him shirtless before, Jongin included, but it felt somewhat more awkward in this situation. Don’t focus on that; you have a mission here. Knowing the way Jongin was out of the field, this would be too easy; even barely having a plan, one he’d come up with in a few minutes back at the graveyard, things were already going flawlessly.

“Are you okay?” Jongin wondered again as he took the shirt into the kitchen and began working on the stain. He glanced over to Kyungsoo, who crossed his arms over his bare torso, doing his best to cover the exposed skin.

“Yeah,” he replied quietly. “But could you get me a shirt?”

Turning a deeper shade of pink, Jongin nodded quickly and disappeared into his room, bringing Kyungsoo another shirt to change into. It hung too long and loose, especially around his shoulders, but it was better than no shirt, and allowed Kyungsoo to return all his attention to his plans. Meanwhile, Jongin once more seemed to be giving all his attention to the stain in Kyungsoo’s shirt.

“You know, I’m surprised,” Kyungsoo looked up as Jongin began to talk, eyes on his work as he scrubbed bleach into the darkened area. The coffee was lifting quickly, and Kyungsoo realized he wouldn’t have Jongin distracted for very long. He needed to act, but he kept the conversation flowing to keep things casual.

“About what?”

“I thought you would be mad at me.”

Jongin’s eyes flickered to Kyungsoo briefly, and Kyungsoo did his best to remain impassive. “For what?”

At this, the younger tensed a bit, growing uncomfortable. “For – for the… incident.”

It was hard for Kyungsoo not to react. “A-ah.” He shifted, subtly taking a step closer to Jongin. The other didn’t seem to notice.

“You know it was an accident right?”

“Bull!”

Knowing they were drawing to close to the subject and that time was running out – and that he wasn’t going to be able to hold his composure much longer – Kyungsoo took out gun tucked in the back of his pants and loaded it, pointing it directly at Jongin’s face. Jongin had frozen, eyes wide, dropping the shirt and holding his hands up.

“Y-You killed him on purpose!” Kyungsoo’s voice cracked, recalling the memory.

             

“Jongin! He’s coming from the right!” Kyungsoo ran towards Jongin as Jongin came face to face with one of the targets – the gang’s leader, Park Chanyeol. There were three of them, all under this man’s lead; all ordered to be taken out tonight.

“I see Tao coming out the back!” Kyungsoo heard Sehun’s voice through the walkie-talkie clipped to his pants. Kyungsoo turned to see if Tao was there but he wasn’t. Turning back around, ready to help Jongin, Kyungsoo stared in confusion to find both Jongin and Chanyeol to be gone.

Bang!

Kyungsoo yelled out as he found a bullet sinking into his shoulder. Damn it! He’d been too caught up in things, let his guard down.

“Give up!” Kyungsoo heard a deep voice and caught sight of Chanyeol coming into sight, revealing his hiding spot. Already having been hit once, Kyungsoo knew he couldn’t make another mistake with this one.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo shouted, looking at point over Chanyeol’s shoulder and making Chanyeol turn briefly.

Bang!

Kyungsoo didn’t waste any more time to fire, and then watched as the other man dropped. “Amateur,” Kyungsoo laughed lightly as he slipped past the limp body. His arm hurt like hell but he ignored it, needing to help Jongin and Sehun.

 Kyungsoo walked around the corner of the huge building, gun ready – and stopped, eyes widening in shock as he took in the scene.

Tao and Sehun were laying quietly on the cold ground, while Jongin stared at Kyungsoo, guilt covering his face.

“K-Kyungsoo… I can…”

Kyungsoo ran to Sehun, ignoring Jongin. “Sehun!” Tears threatened his eyes as he knelt beside the other, feeling for his pulse. Nothing.

Kyungsoo turned slowly with the gun he’d used to kill Chanyeol a moment earlier. “You-!”

But Jongin was gone.

It was the last Kyungsoo saw of him.

 

“Put the damn gun down!”

Kyungsoo turned to a tall figure, letting his gaze – but not his gun – move from Jongin. It was Kris, the only one of the gang members who hadn’t been killed that night.

“What the hell-” Kyungsoo’s attention suddenly reverted to Jongin “Y-you… and Kris? Is this why you killed Sehun, to save him?

Because it had been Jongin. Jongin who had killed Sehun and vanished; he’d confessed through a letter to their work that he had done it. He’d had to. And then their boss – now only Kyungsoo’s boss – had said the man needed to be taken out; he knew too much to live freely after just leaving. And Kyungsoo had jumped on the mission, for revenge against the man who had once been his closest colleague, his friend…

“No Kyungsoo – I swear, it’s not-”

Kris had moved beside Jongin, and smacked him over the head, ordering him to be quiet; in other circumstances, Kyungsoo may have found it amusing. Right now he was too confused. Jongin and Kris… How, in all his time watching Jongin, had he never known about Kris?

“Surprised, aren’t you?” Kris smirked. “I know you’ve been watching him.” He cocked an eyebrow at Jongin, and Jongin turned to give him a shocked look. Clearly, Jongin hadn’t been informed of this. “I thought you were after me – but no, you’re out for him, which is only good for me. I’ve kept myself hidden enough that you never even detected me – did you?”

It was a rhetorical question; they both knew the answer. “I don’t have time for this,” Kris muttered shortly, eyes returning to Kyungsoo. “Let’s just get this over with.”

Kyungsoo scowled, turning his aim to Kris. “Fine,” he sneered. “Since you asked.”

At that Kris pulled a gun from his pocket, and though he hadn’t expected it Kyungsoo couldn’t really say he was surprised. “I guess we will.” Kris held the gun up, aimed towards the other, and finger on the trigger.

Bang!

Kyungsoo dropped before he could be hit, anticipating Kris not to waste any time and causing the man to waste his bullet instead. He rolled out of the way and was back on his feet in seconds, flying around a corner – to the staircase – and getting a wall between them.

Taking a deep breath and holding his gun firmly, he glanced around the corner again – only to find the kitchen now empty, meaning both Kris and Jongin had vanished. Why is Jongin so good at disappearing? Maybe the traitor had picked it up from his friend.

“Going somewhere?”

Speaking of Jongin’s friend. Kyungsoo turned to see Kris pointing a gun directly at his face, and , he’s fast. How had he even got around Kyungsoo?

Kyungsoo grabbed his hand, attempting to push the gun away from him but Kris was stronger by a long shot and turned the gun back Kyungsoo’s way with ease.

“Why bother fighting? You’re going to die anyway,” Kris taunted. It merely served to make Kyungsoo more determined to kill him. Still holding his arm, Kyungsoo smashed the of his own gun against Kris’s wrist hard before quickly looping his ankle around the other’s and tripping him in quick succession. In under three seconds Kris was on the ground and Kyungsoo was flying up the stairway.

As he ran to hide in a room, Kyungsoo noticed the light fixture overhead – a heavy chandelier, almost begging to be dropped. Once safely behind a door, Kyungsoo watched through the crack and waited for his prey to come into sight. Two seconds later, Kris came stumbling up the stairs.

“Kyungsoo! Quit with your games, and come out and face me. Stop being scared!” Mixed between flustered and infuriated, Kris admitted looked a bit crazy while he called out for the concealed agent. No matter how long Kyungsoo had been doing this, it always made his adrenaline rush, his heartrate spike in situations like this. Kris was out for blood – his.

The man walked closer and closer to Kyungsoo’s location. One more step and he’d be under the chandelier.

“Kyungs-” Now!

Kyungsoo aimed and shot at the chain holding up the chandelier; years of practice made his target no challenge at this distance, and the light crashed down. A second too slow, it landed and shattered just behind Kris, who was able to jump easily out of the way.

Kris gave an arrogant laugh, eyes going to the door where Kyungsoo remained behind. Having been revealed by the shot, Kyungsoo stepped out into the hallway to confront Kris, letting his gun lead the way. Kris already had his trained on Kyungsoo, and slowly backed Kyungsoo into the wall, both tense as if waiting for the other to shoot first.

“Just give up.”

How many times have I heard that? As always, he ignored the advice, making another swift move and grabbing Kris’s arm again. In a second he had the larger pinned to the wall, armed hand behind back. Are you gonna keep letting me do this? Kris’s gun fired, shooting a bullet between Kyungsoo’s feet, forcing him to move and loosen his grip a little. It was enough for Kris, who was able to get out of his hold and spin around, grabbing Kyungsoo by the collar, and knocking his gun out of his hand. Once again it was Kyungsoo against the wall, this time Kris’s gun pressed to his skull.

“I have to admit,” Kris was smirking again, dark eyes staring down into Kyungsoo’s triumphantly. “You’re pretty smart. But I guess that’s your job, right?”

Kyungsoo laughed sardonically at his remark then closed his eyes. Out of cards to play, he knew he wouldn’t be able to move before Kris pulled the trigger. Instead Kyungsoo accepted his fate, waiting for the bullet.

Clank! 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes to see Kris fall to the floor, knocked out cold and blood seeping from his head pooling onto the floor. In front of him now stood Kim Jongin.

“You use to be a lot quicker on your feet.” Holding a metal baseball bat, Jongin’s eyes were on Kyungsoo, looking half-worried, half-relieved. Somewhat in shock, Kyungsoo didn’t reply, but Jongin just dropped the bat and stepped over the body between them, closer to Kyungsoo.

“He probably won’t be up for a while,” Jongin uttered quietly. Kyungsoo nodded, hardly understanding the situation. Something was missing; why had he just attacked Kris? Several theories came to mind, but Kyungsoo’s best guess was that Jongin simply wanted to be the one to take him out, not anyone else. “I just saved your life,” he went on slowly. “So will you listen to me now?”

Listen? He wanted to explain why – why he’d killed their teammate, why he’d left without looking back? Not that Kyungsoo really wanted to hear, but he hardly had the choice to refuse him. He was currently unarmed and Jongin was stronger than him hand-to-hand. Shrugging, Kyungsoo bent to retrieve his weapon, expecting Jongin to take up Kris’s gun but the man didn’t. Maybe he was already armed as well; that lifestyle died hard. Kyungsoo let Jongin lead the way anyway, not trusting the other not to attack the moment he turned his back.

They ended up back in the kitchen and were both surprisingly calm, after what had just happened and knowing they had a half-dead man awaiting their return upstairs. Kyungsoo sat at the table and kept his eyes on Jongin, waiting for the other to start explaining.

 

 “I see Tao coming out the back!” Jongin heard Sehun through his walkie-talkie and knew Kyungsoo heard it too, because when he looked up to call him the other’s head was turned in the direction Tao was supposed to be coming from.

Bang!

Almost simultaneously, two gunshots rang out. In front of his eyes, Jongin saw Kyungsoo start bleeding through his shirt, but the older hardly faltered. The other sound came from Sehun’s direction, and Jongin chose to head after him to see if he was alright.

 Reaching the corner, Jongin peeked around cautiously, not wanting to risk being get caught and making things worse for his team.

“Aish! None of them came.” Sehun had his back turned to Jongin, but it was his voice. The other was speaking to someone Jongin had until now only seen in photographs – one of the men Jongin’s team was supposed to be taking out.

“Should I shoot again?” the man, Tao, asked, looking bored and impatient.

“Might as well try; we have to kill them today.” Tao held his gun up and pointed it in the air, opposite of them.

Bang! He fell to the ground with a scream. Jongin watched as Sehun rushed over to him in shock. “Hyung!”

Jongin’s body had reacted faster than his mind had really been able to process, and he was still stunned by the realization that Sehun was… Sehun was planning on killing them. He had betrayed them.

Tao’s life gave out quickly; Jongin had aimed his shot well. Sehun spun around in search of the culprit, eyes wandering until they landed on Jongin. An evil smirk crept onto his face. “I guess you know then, huh?”

Jongin approached him slowly, gun pointed at Sehun regretfully. “Why? Why would you – why are you in this with him?”

Sehun raised his gun, not looking at all reluctant. “Boss’s orders.”

Jongin didn’t have time to think about the corruption in their agency. Running to take cover, Jongin hid behind a dumpster, and when he stepped out to shoot he found Sehun standing just on the other side, gun still trained on him.

 “Move and I’ll shoot,” Sehun threatened, loading his weapon.

“We’ll see.” Jongin copied him, and they stood facing one another for a long moment. Then Jongin took a step forward and kicked out at Sehun’s gun. Sehun pulled his gun out of the way and grabbed Jongin’s leg, knocking him off balance and onto the ground. Undeterred, Jongin held his gun up and shot, hoping to hit the other’s shoulder, but he missed. At this Sehun was laughing and directing his gun at Jongin’s heart, and Jongin couldn’t think as he reloaded and shot again.

Bang!

He didn’t miss this time, and Sehun dropped. It took Jongin a seemingly endless amount of time to put everything together. His heart felt like it had taken a bullet too as Jongin took in Sehun’s lifeless figure. Only a sound nearby brought him to his senses, and Jongin realized he was on his feet again as he caught sight of Kyungsoo, who was still bleeding and staring at him in shock.

“K-Kyungsoo . . . I can-”

Without hearing him, Kyungsoo rushed over to Sehun and knelt down beside him. For some reason, Jongin couldn’t face the other man. He couldn’t find his voice, and he wouldn’t be able to explain. Not wanting to fight with Kyungsoo – he wouldn’t be able to fight him, much less kill him if it came down to it – Jongin just ran.

 

“You’re a liar,” Kyungsoo shot at him after Jongin had explained all this to him, holding up his gun again. But he couldn’t shoot, because he just wasn’t sure anymore.

Jongin was looking dangerously close to crying, but just told him quietly, “It’s not a lie.”

He didn’t know what to believe. “Then – why were you at his grave today?”

Jongin’s gaze dropped, not even caring that Kyungsoo’s gun was on him. “He was a friend, betrayer or not. Today was the one year anniversary… I couldn’t just – not care. Not everyone is as heartless as you. I killed someone who was one of my closest friends. Or, he was supposed to be.”

Kyungsoo hated the sincerity in his voice; the brokenness, the betrayal. He hated it because it was too genuine to be an act. Slowly, he let his gun drop and abruptly felt overwhelmed. “I – I just… need to lay down. Will you kill me in my sleep if I just – take a nap or something?” He sent a glare Jongin’s way, and the man shook his head quickly, eyes wide and innocent.

Keeping his gun nearby, Kyungsoo went out to the living room and collapsed on the couch, shutting his mind down and passing out in minutes.

 

When Kyungsoo woke up, it was significantly darker outside. Kyungsoo looked up and saw Jongin had fallen asleep in a chair across from him, smiling at his sleeping figure. The past year between them had disappeared, and Kyungsoo felt like all the pain and guilt he’d been carrying – from the betrayal he had wrongly presumed to be Jongin’s – had finally left him. If he was being honest with himself, he knew he could trust Jongin – even though they had both trusted Sehun too, and that hadn’t gone over well. But Sehun had never really earned Kyungsoo’s complete faith even when they had worked together; they had been close, but Sehun was always a bit mysterious to Kyungsoo (and now he supposed he knew why). But Jongin was far more transparent with him; he had always had this soft, pure honesty for Kyungsoo that someone just couldn’t fake. (At least, if he did, he did one hell of a job.)

Sliding off the couch, Kyungsoo moved over to shake Jongin lightly until he woke up. For a second, Jongin seemed nervous, jumping as he caught sight of the older in front of him, but then he relaxed seeing it was only Kyungsoo. (Kyungsoo was going to have to ask what exactly had happened between him and Kris sometime, but he didn’t think his mind could handle anything more right now.

“Do you feel better?” Jongin asked, voice scratchy as he rubbed his eyes childishly. Kyungsoo smiled slightly and nodded before taking a step back and giving the other space. But then Jongin was standing and closing the space between them again, putting a hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder lightly and letting it slide down his arm.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you sooner,” he told Kyungsoo very softly. “I was scared… I thought you would take his side, or maybe you were on their side or… I don’t know. And then…”

When Kyungsoo waited for him to go on but Jongin didn’t, Kyungsoo asked, “Then what?”

For the second time today, Jongin’s face was flushed pink. “If I came back… and you understood… there was still another problem that I had to face.” Kyungsoo stared, stomach tightening nervously. Now what? He hadn’t killed someone else from the agency or something, had he? After a moment, Jongin lifted his eyes to Kyungsoo’s and said nearly inaudibly, “My feelings for you.”

Kyungsoo’s body stiffened as Jongin looked down again, visibly embarrassed. Kyungsoo didn’t know what to say. Feelings? His mind refused to process it at all, not after everything else he had learned today.

“I-I’m-” Without bothering to think anymore, Kyungsoo decided for once in his life to just act. Cutting Jongin off, Kyungsoo grabbed the front of his shirt and pressed his mouth to Jongin’s, pushing him back until he had the younger against the wall. If Jongin was stunned, he didn’t let it show, quickly kissing Kyungsoo back until the breath was slowly stolen from their lungs. He was quick to turn them around and pin the older against the wall, never taking his lips off Kyungsoo’s.

When they finally decided to stop to catch their breath Jongin pulled his shirt off, revealing his tan bare chest and causing Kyungsoo to stare. This was definitely one of the reasons he was self-conscious around Kim Jongin; the younger was still in amazing shape since he’d left the agency.

(Admittedly, Kyungsoo already knew that, because in his past year of observing he had, on more than one occasion, seen the man working out. It was a little different being up this close, though.)

Once Jongin discarded his shirt, he leaned forward to embrace Kyungsoo again. Before he could though, Kyungsoo put a hand on his chest, stopping him. Jongin stared down at him doubtfully, as if worried Kyungsoo had suddenly changed his mind about the whole thing (and maybe he would one day, but it wasn’t on his mind right now).

“We still have a mess to deal with upstairs,” Kyungsoo reminded him lightly.

“It can wait.” Jongin took Kyungsoo’s hand and removed it from between them before quickly smashing their mouths together.

And Kyungsoo couldn’t find it in him to be worried anymore. He didn’t care about how messed up his future might be; Kyungsoo was finally happy.