End it all

Pull The Trigger

I held the gun in my shaking hands, pointing towards him.

"No fear. Just pull the trigger,” he said.

I can feel my heartbeat increasing, the air getting thicker by the minute, suffocating me. Why is he not fighting back? He was just standing there with his hands up and his eyes never leaving mine. Those brown eyes that use to be full of love and warmth is now filled with dark coldness.

"Do it,” he said with a cold voice.

"Why are you being like this? You really want me to kill you?!” I screamed in frustration.

What is he trying to prove? Does he think that this is some kind of a sick joke? I’m holding a loaded gun in my hand, ready to shoot him and end his life. But all he does was stand there and look at me with those cold pair of eyes. I can't read his face, it was showing no emotion at all. Is he being serious? Does he really want me to shoot him? Can I even do that? I feel like I was at war with myself with so many questions running through my head.  

"Go ahead babe. Pull the trigger. I have no regrets. I'm ready," he said with a voice cold like before.

"Do you think I'm playing here? I'm about the kill you Jonghyun!" I screamed with tears streaming down my cheeks.

He still didn't move, just staring at me. My hand started to shake and I'm starting to lose focus. My breathing started to get difficult when I realised that tears were streaming down my face. I was crying so badly with my gun still pointing towards Jonghyun, my lover.  

"I'm the enemy remember? This is your mission. You have to survive this. It’s supposed to end this way."

"No! No it's not! God, Jonghyun, let’s just run away from here. Please, I beg you! Don't make me do this..." I cried more as I took a step towards Jonghyun, putting my gun down.

“I…I love you so much Jonghyun,” I confessed.  

Tears blinded my eyes and my breathing got more uneven, suffocating me. I felt weakness creeping up on me, making my legs numb. I fell on my knees to the ground, letting my gun drop beside me. My hand clutched my painfully beating heart as tears continue to fall. I can't even look at Jonghyun right now.

"I...I can't kill you. Please don't..."

I was cut off by Jonghyun who pull me up into a warm embrace, his strong arms wrapped around me. His warmness seeping through my body as I buried my face in his chest and my hands wrapped around his waist. But still the burning pain in my heart did not fade away. It was too hurting me so much that I ended up crying out loud while Jonghyun was hugging me. His hands rubbed circles on my back, trying to calm me down.

"Iseul-ah, don't cry. Please don't cry."

"How can I not cry? I have to end your life in order to save mine. I can't do that! I rather die with you. How can you be so calm about this?" I said in between sobs.

"Shh shh...I love you Iseul. I love you so much that I'm willing to do anything for you, even if it cost my life,” he said as he held me tighter.

I felt his lips on my head as he kissed my hair, his hands continued to comfort me with light patting. Slowly, he pushed me away, so that he can lift my head to face his. His thumb softly wipe away the tears that are staining my cheeks. My glossy eyes met his beautiful brown orbs which stared deep into mine. He gave me a soft smile as he my face.

"You failed the mission. You know what that means right? You should've just kill me and walk away. It will be easier that way," Jonghyun said.

"No, I rather choose this way. I rather die with you than to kill you. I love you, Jonghyun. I can never have the heart to kill you,” I said as tears start to form in my eyes.

Jonghyun pulled me against his chest again, his scent filling up my nose. At least if I were to die I would be in my lover's embrace. A tear slipped from my eye as I hugged Jonghyun tighter.

"They will be here any minute now. You ready?" he asked without breaking the hug.

"Yes."

"Before it ends Iseul ah, I want to say I never regret anything. I love you,” He said as he my hair.

I pulled back and looked at him.

"I love you too. Always."

Then we heard it, the sound of men running towards our location.

"We don't have much time left Jonghyun."

"I know that." He chuckled.

The sound of footsteps got louder as they were approaching us soon.

"Jonghyun."

"Yes, baby?" He said looking into my eyes lovingly.

"Kiss me."

And before I know it, we were surrounded by a group of men with guns in their hands. They aimed at us, ready to shoot. This is it. This is how it’s going to end for us. But I don't feel scared at all. I’m not scared of dying at all. I looked into Jonghyun's eyes and I feel warm and peaceful. Slowly he leaned in and our lips met. His soft lips expertly kiss me with passion making my heart beat at a thousand's of miles per hour.

"This is going to be the last kiss." I thought in my mind.

Jonghyun wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. I tilted my head to the side to deepen the kiss, my hands wrapped around his neck. Then the gunshots were heard, bullets flew everywhere. I can feel them piercing through my body but I didn't feel pain at all. All I could feel was Jonghyun's warm embrace. Our bodies fell to the bloody ground. I managed to look at Jonghyun one last time. He was looking at me, with blood dripping down his face.

"I love you" He whispered before closing his eyes.

I felt his arms loosen around me, his body has gone limp. But not long after, I felt my heart beat start to slow down and my breathing got difficult. My eye lids grew heavy, black spots blinding my vision. Slowly, with the energy I had left in me, my hand reached out to touch Jonghyun's face.

"I love you too."

 

~End~

 

 

A/N: Hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed my first ever oneshot. Please leave a comment! I love reading comments. Oh and upvote too yeah? Hahaha bye ^^