One

Partner In Crime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Go faster baby girl! They're winning!" I glanced at Chanyeol who was pleading for me to go faster, and then to my bestfriend sitting two seats away from me, who was already smirking.    ", what's wrong with your !" I whisper-yelled at Chanyeol, whose I was pumping on. "Aish!" I slammed my hand on the table and stopped my hand movement when I saw jets of squirting out of Sehun's member.    "Girl, you're good at blowing, but not this!" My bestfriend winked while on her fingers.    "Yah, at least let me before you stop!" Chanyeol pinched my thigh and I sent him ice daggers with my eyes. "Do it yourself." Chanyeol rolled his eyes and zipped his pants before leaving the lecture theater.    "I'll have bibimbap later! Thank you so much~" my bestfriend moved a seat closer and placed an arm around my shoulder. I growled at the thought of having to buy the two of them meals later during lunch because we lost the damn bet. But well, this was how our gang killed time when we were bored during lectures. The last row of the venue was always taken by us, unless any of the students wanted to see or hear anything obscene.    "Clean up the mess you fool." The pool of Sehun's on the floor was disturbing my eyes. "Hun said it would evaporate!" She giggled into my ear. "EW!" I blared, not really giving a about the lecturer who was speaking at the front of the theatre. She giggled even harder at my reaction. "Japanese for me!" Sehun whispered-yelled, then placing a hand over his mouth to hide his 'oops!'.    "Ah, that was good!" Chanyeol plopped on to the seat just before the lecture ended, clearly satisfied with his own ion. "Ugh, you're so gross." I shot him a disgusted look before turning my head away, propping it on the desk with my elbow.    There was actually a guy sitting on the other end of the row, probably playing a game on his phone seeing that his fingers were crazily tapping on the phone, his stare so intense on the screen. He had chocolate brown hair and bronze skin. His eye bags were as thick as his double eyelids and his lips looked simply delicious. He was such a beautiful sight, I just couldn't stop staring until he caught my stare. Did he just smirk? I blinked hard twice before turning my head the other way, a wave of pink flushed my cheeks.        At lunch, Chanyeol fished a note out of the wallet and passed it to me, on the condition of me queuing for them instead. "Okay." I grumbled and accepted it since I didn't have to pay. My bestfriend was busy battling with Sehun over a lame phone game so I was left alone queuing for their food. The line was as long as the canteen so I probably had to wait alone in the queue for a good twenty minutes.    "Hi." A familiar face popped out of nowhere and I couldn't believe that I found this face familiar because I probably memorized his features so hard while staring at him during lecture just now. His face was so close to mine I couldn't breathe for a second. "Do I know you?" I put on my usual nonchalant and rude tone to act as normal as I could. "No, but I want to know you." He was standing beside me now, and I could hear a few students behind us cursing at him for cutting the queue. But then it all turned into squeals when he turned around to apologize at them, using the best aegyo I've ever seen. Even the aegyo king Oh Sehun needed to learn from this oh-so-gorgeous man right here.   "So, may I know the name of this pretty lady?" He asked politely, staring straight into my eyes. Were those brown contact lenses that I just saw? These brown orbs makes him look so hot.. oh my. I snapped out of my trance when I realised he was smirking out of a sudden. "Krystal. Jung." I stammered on my own name, damn I could feel my cheeks flushing red again.    "Nice. Kim Jong In, but you can call me Kai." He extended a hand out and I shook it lightly, and he smirked, again. Can this man just stop smirking?!    "Anyway, were those your friends?" He tilted his head to the table where my friends were sitting. Chanyeol and Sehun were arm-wrestling and my bestfriend was reapplying her makeup. I nodded my head while turning back to look at him. He leant in and whispered into my ear, "I saw what you guys did just now." I could feel his smirk as he curled a corner of his lips.    I raised a brow of mine and asked "so?" I was really trying to keep my cool.    "Nothing, just thought that that was interesting." He threw his hands up and made a face of nonchalance. I was praying hard that he didn't find me disgusting then.    "Was that your boyfriend though?" I guess he was referring to Chanyeol since I was pumping on him. "Nah, just one of my idiots." I waved a hand dismissively and he 'phew'ed really loudly.    "Three bibimbap and one teriyaki chicken please." I held the money out to the stall-tender. "One more teriyaki chicken please!" Kai pushed my hand back and gave another note to the stall-tender. I furrowed my brows in question and he just smiled back stupidly at me. That was really cute but I didn't like the fact that he paid for the four of us just like that. The stall-tender placed the three bibimbap woks on a tray and the Japanese food on the other.    "Help me with the other tray, sweet cheeks." Kai directed my eyes to the tray with the Japanese food and that nickname he just gave me made me stone for seconds. I picked the tray up after snapping myself out of it and lead him to our table.    "What took you so long! I'm dying of hunger!" The maknae of our gang complained like a kid when he saw us approaching them. "Don't be a , the queue was ing long." I slapped the note onto Chanyeol's crotch before sitting on the bench beside the tallest male. Kai slipped himself beside my bestfriend, opposite me and started to introduce himself.    "Hi Krystal's friends! I'm Kai!" He spoke enthusiastically only to see my friends raising their brows at him and then turning to me for an explanation. "Don't ask me, I don't know what he wants either." I put my hands up in a surrendering pose and pulled an innocent face with a pout just to make my friends puke. And they did.    "You're cute." Kai pinched my left cheek while my friends were busy puking air.    "Girl, I think he's trying to hit on you." My bestfriend whispered not so softly with a hand placed at the corner of . I rolled my eyes at her and started stirring the ingredients in the wok.    "Yes I am!" Kai imitated her action and then smirked at me again. This man was bent on driving me crazy I swear.      After school, the males had their basketball training so my bestfriend and I decided to do our usual 'exciting thing'.    "Étude House?" She grinned at me excitedly and I nodded back in equal enthusiasm. "I really need that new lip tint!" She clung her arm around mine and pulled me into the empty shop ahead of us.   "Do you have any samples for the green tea mask or something? I want to try it before buying them!" My friend leant onto the counter to block the cashier's view. The cashier told her to wait before bending down onto the shelves to find the sample for her. In a swift movement, I grabbed a handful of the lip tints of a few shades and threw them into my hand bag. On the way out, I picked a pink BB cream cushion compact because I was running low on that anyway.    "No! This shade is mine!" I yelled at my bestfriend as she tried to snatch the only lip tint that was in the coral pink shade that I had stolen. She humphed before stomping away in annoyance. "You're such a brat!" She crossed her arms and spat. "You still love me~" I hooked my arm around her neck and winked cheekily at her.    I met my bestfriend, and the two other boys only a year ago when we got found ourselves in the same class. We clicked really well from at the start and I really had to thank God for sending these people into my life, when I had none like that at home. The three of them were the pillars of my life, so I treasured them like gems.    "See ya later~" she waved before tapping her card to enter the subway station. The four of us had our usual clubbing night that we always had on Friday nights because Thank God For Friday. We would meet at Chanyeol's apartment for some pre-drinking before heading to the club. Since it was hours before the timing we agreed to meet at, I decided to have some alone time in the mall nearby. I changed into the black bustier top and a pair of ripped denim shorts. I put on the lip tint of the coral pink shade and released my lustrous brunette locks from the tight ponytail I had during the day.    I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see Kai standing there, judging me from head to toe. "Hot." was all he said when he finished staring at my chest. He was still in his uniform, but he had a white t-shirt worn underneath, his shirt completely tucked out of his pants. I turned my back at him and continued walking casually, pretending that he wasn't stalking behind me. "Not going home?" he asked from behind.    "I don't have one, and stop following me." I crossed my arms when I stopped walking and shot him fierce glare. "Oh?" He tilted his head and questioned in surprise. "Why?" He continued with another question, conveniently ignoring the latter part of my sentence.    "Because they hate me." I blurted an answer out. It sounded lame as hell but that was brutally honest. His curious expression turned into a serious one when he saw how stoic my face was while saying those words, and he never pursued that topic afterwards. He just walked silently beside me as I sauntered past the shops, one by one.    After about an hour of walking around aimlessly in the shopping mall, I decided to head home for a quick shower and dinner. When I realised Kai was following me to the bus stop, I asked "are you done?", none too politely.    "Nope, I'm sending you home." He had a small smile on his lips and his eyes smiled under his bangs as well. I shook my head in annoyance. Damn, this guy won't give up that easily, huh? So he got on the bus, walked me all the way to my doorstep and proceeded to shamelessly ask "not inviting me in for a cup of coffee?"   I unlocked the apartment and grumbled, "I don't have coffee."    "I'm fine with tea."    "I don't have-"    "or I can have you." He pushed the door wide and entered easily, leaving me gaping at the entrance. He scanned the walls of my house, which was painted a dark purple and gloomy as hell. He slouched on the matching lavender couch easily and commented, "wasn't expecting something like this" I threw my bag into my room before replying "me neither."    "Don't touch anything or I'll break your neck." I warned before entering the shower. I had moved out to live alone for a year now, and the only visitors I had was the three of my bestfriends. And now this obnoxious-although-smoking-hot guy just barged his way through. I took a quick shower, just scrubbing my body twice, not touching my hair because I had already washed it in the morning. I put on a pair of high waisted jeans and a cream crotchet bralet. This outfit was simple enough yet it still managed to bring my curves out pretty subtly.    When I came out of my room, Kai was sitting on the counter, sipping onto a cup of coffee with the other hand holding onto a picture frame of me and my sister. Well, that was the only picture I had in the entire house so it wasn't much of a guess.    "Hey!" I snatched the picture frame away from him and saw him grinning to himself.    "You look so cute here! Is that your sister? I reckon she looks as pretty as you." He spoke excitedly as I put the picture frame back onto its original spot, wiping the dust on the glass with my fingers.    "I reckon too." I mumbled. He quirked a brow at my sentence and I went on explaining, for God-knows what reason.    "She would be so ing gorgeous the women of South Korea would want to make their faces look like hers with plastic surgery. She would be so bloody hot that it would leave boys bleeding their noses after her figure. She would be so ing successful her name would be on the list of the Top Ten Most Successful Women in the world on the Forbes list."    I didn't realize I was crying until Kai pressed my head against his chest, patting a comforting hand on my back. He probably realised that my sister wasn't around anymore. It was the first day of meeting Kai and yet I was already showing him the vulnerable side that I've only shown to my bestfriends. I felt weak, and pathetic, but I just couldn't hold it in anymore as it was her twelfth year death anniversary today.    I broke away from his embrace, slamming the door behind him as I proceeded to slab layers and layers of makeup to cover up my vulnerability. I hated looking weak.    I put three shades of purple on my eyelids, creating a smoky effect around my eyes. I drew on a jet black cat flick with the eyeliner and coated my eyelashes with multiple layers of mascara. I also popped on my grey co
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter