Ch0 ~Oh Sehun, Assassin Child~

Whispers of Retribution
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 0 - Mini Chapter ~Oh Sehun, Assassin Child~

 

Author's Note: For those of you that are new to this story, welcome! I have started writing this story last year and am now editing it to fit my needs of the plot better. If this is the first time you are here, only read this chapter and not further as only this chapter has been edited.

For those of you who are not new, reread this chapter as there are some plot twists that have not been here the first time!

Thank you for your time :D

Enjoy the read.

Chapter 0 - Mini Chapter ~Oh Sehun~

 

Adrenaline pumped within Sehun’s veins as he ran to and fro within the burning house of a rivalry assassin home. His father had plainly stated to just kill whomever he saw, and then to come home and freshen up. Sehun was still really young. At the tender age of ten, Sehun was pleased that his father trusted him with such serious missions. He couldn't understand why his father hadn't sent anyone with him, but maybe it was because he was so good at what he did. His explosives were laid out perfectly and all he needed was to get out. Anyone in plain sight had already been slain by Sehun’s nifty blade or long sword he kept across his shoulders. He always preferred those to using guns, and had been delighted when his father had agreed to his traditional methods. Upon seeing his skill, the commander had never tried to take away the privilege of sword art.

 

Wiping his hands clean of ash and soot onto his filthy trousers, he walked across the silent trek of the house. One would think it was entirely abandoned with the lack of human sound or interaction. Sehun felt a strange feel in his chest as he realised it was his doing that caused this silence.

 

He was about to walk out of the house when he saw a figure from a distance. That wouldn't do. Instinct took over as Sehun ran forward, stabbing the kid in the back first. But his heart stopped as he noticed a familiar birthmark on the child's neck.

 

“Oh god, no. Oh my god. No…” The body slumped forward in his arms, but Sehun had hope. He hadn't stabbed to kill! He had done it to the back! Not an instant kill...As gently as he could, Sehun turned his younger brother over in his arms, trying to ignore the blood running down and over his fingers as he came face to face with his one and only younger brother. Chihun’s eyes were clamped shut, and his breathing shallow.

 

“Chihun!” Sehun shrieked, feeling his heart break at the condition his younger brother was in. He felt for a pulse and sighed in relief at finding one. “Chihun...Chihun? What are you doing here? Chihun!”

Chihun blinked one eye open but otherwise remained motionless. It looked painful to even open his eyes, and Sehun felt a part of him shatter. His dongsaeng was his everything. “I wanted to stop you…” Chihun muttered, tears slipping down his cheeks. But whether the tears was from pain, or knowledge that he was about to die, Sehun didn't know. He didn't think he could handle thinking about it either. “I knew what father wanted you to do, but I didn't want it…I don't want my Hyung to be a murderer” Chihun took a deep gasping breath before saying, “be good, Sehun. Be an angel…” his eyes closed again but this time he didn't open them again despite all of Sehun's pleas. Sehun screamed again, but the silence tormented him. Nobody heard his calls. He refused to believe his brother was dead. If he hadn't gone to fight this never would have happened!

 

“Well. It's way too late, isn't it…” Sehun growled bitterly, wiping away his own tears as he held his brother close. His brother was still bleeding and it felt entirely too strange for Sehun's taste. Shouldn't someone only bleed if they're alive? But he knew that that wasn't true.

 

He checked for a pulse but knew better than to hope for a heartbeat again. This was his fault. All his fault! Kicking away the dirt and rubble from a previous explosion, Sehun pulled his brother from the place of his death and further out into the woods near the Kapooka house. He would need to bury his brother, and then keep the story of his death to himself, taking it to his own grave. He dug and dug the dirt, making the hole deeper in his depressive thoughts than it needed to be. Though the unusual silence bothered him, it helped him catch his bearings. The feeling of someone watching him intently bothered him immensely making the hairs stand up along his neck and arms. But he knew he couldn't move from his spot. He needed to take care of his dongsaeng now, and no one else mattered.

 

The feeling of being watched never ebbed, increasing the thought of reseeing his brother's death in his nightmares, and even as he buried his brother he felt a new feeling coming over him. A cool, calm, cold demeanour. With a cold smile that did not reach his eyes, Sehun entered the earth with his brother in his arms and curled around him.

 

It was the heat that woke him.

 

With a start, Sehun looked around forgetting for a moment where he was and nearly toppling out of the tree branch he had been resting on because of it. When he had come to the conclusion it wasn't the explosives burning him alive, he glanced towards his original destination, thankful that it was still mostly void of students. At least he hadn't overslept.

 

The blinding sun streaming over the rows of trees did little to block the extreme heat from Sehun’s bare arms. His task for today would have called better for a dark outfit, preferably with long sleeves in the arm and leg. Sehun liked to pretend that he had in fact done this, because otherwise he would have passed out no matter how well trained he was. The Sun just wasn't for him.

 

He fiddled with his phone as he waited for something to happen. Waiting wasn't one of his strong points either. He had patience and could always outlast his opponent when the time actually called for it.

 

The wait though! Sehun scowled into his fist that he had against his face. To an onlooker Oh Sehun looked like the average teenager. His headphones, scowl and unmasked attitude certainly fit in with all the other kids lurking about the area, likely cutting class from the very place the one he was waiting for currently stayed at.

 

The bell rang, making Sehun's lip curl into a deadly smirk. Finally.

 

Sehun stood up quickly. He had waited long enough for this and his father had ran out of patience long before he had really begun. Twirling his pocket knife casually in his hand, Sehun entered the school. The name stared out at him like a taunt as he read the display “Beijing Haidian Foreign Language Shi Yan School” Sehun's smirk turned into a sneer as he read that, before replacing all his emotions away under his expressionless mask.

 

Blending in easily, Sehun strolled through the halls of the school hiding his knife against his forearm, pressing it against his chest in a simple cross arm technique screaming casual arrogance. As if reading a book, his eyes skimmed across the students in a sweep search of his boy.

 

His eyes narrowed as he saw one matching the description. It's him! Sehun zeroed in, frowning at how much his white hair made everyone stare. He circled around forcing himself to bump into the other male. Said male looked up, a slight glare on his delicate features making Sehun his lips. His grip on the blade tightened as he moved forward to strike true. But then Sehun reeled back, the eyes were all wrong! He would know those eyes. “Yah!” the twin yelled angrily in his direction, making even more people stare.

 

Sehun fled.

 

The stares increased as he ran across the maze like halls that seemed so much simpler when he had been calm. But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter