ing Serious?

Life Is Unfair, But That's Fair.

I opened my eyes and groaned. I clutched my head and felt a tremedous pain hit my head.

"Hello? Are you okay?" Someone asked me. I blinked my eyes before adjusting to the bright light above me. I realized that I was lying down on a bed, and someone was sitting next to me. I squinted at the person next to me.

"Who the hell are you?" I coldly hissed at the guy next to me.

"I'm the witness of your falling!" He widened his eyes.

"Where am I?" I ignored him. Then suddenly, all the memories rushed into my mind.

my life. I failed in suicide.

Tears returned and I turned away from the guy. There was a pang of pain again in my head and hips, so I had to stop moving around. I couldn't even cry.

"Is she awake?" I heard an older man ask. I assumed it was the doctor.

"Am I at the hospital?" I asked with a strained voice.

"Yes, you are. Do you remember what happened earlier? Do you remember where you live? How many fingers am I holding?" The doctor tested. I groaned and shooed him away.

"Stop annoying me and leave me away. I'm normal." I said with bitterness in my voice.

"This is important, ma'am. What's your name?"

"Krystal. Krystal Soojung Jung." I answered and closed my eyes.

"Well, Krystal, you'll have to stay in the hospital for some time." He said in a quiet voice.

"No, I have to leave. I have to pay for my rent today, I forgot to." I said quickly, desperate to leave.

"I paid for your rent already. I also paid for your hospital bills."

"WHY THE DID YOU DO THAT!?" I yelled at the stranger next to me. "Who the hell are you, anyways??? Who are you to FORCE me to stay in this ing dump by paying the bills? I CAN PAY FOR MYSELF, YOU KNOW??" I grabbed my head and groaned again, the familiar ache coming back.

"I'm sorry, I was just trying to help!!!" He exclaimed.

"Sir, calm down. She needs to rest." The doctor calmed the stranger down. "What's your name?"

"My name is Seungho." He replied.

"My name is Minho, nice to meet you." The doctor shook hands with Seungho. "Since you're the one who brought Krystal here, it would be beneficial for everyone if you would stay by our side just in case we need any information."

"Alright." Seungho nodded.

"What information?" I snapped. "He doesn't know anything. I don't even know him."

"But he's a witness of your..." Minho stuttered.

"Yeah. My failed suicide. Go right ahead and say it." I said, tears coming back to my eyes. " my life. My life has always been such a to me. My family leaves, my sister leaves, I'm left alone in a crap apartment room and now I fail in suicide? Now I have to stay in the hospital bed in pain for possibly months?? What the is wrong with my life?"

"Krystal-ssi, please calm down. Don't put yourself down like that. It'll just make matters worse." Minho put his hands on my shoulders to calm me down, but I shook him off.

"Get your dirty hands off of me. I'm leaving this place no matter what." I got out of the hospital bed and noticed needles inside my skin on the wrist. I sighed and winced as I ripped them off.

"No, get down on the bed, you need your rest." Minho pleaded.

" this." I began to run out of the room, but Minho grabbed my arms and pulled me close to him.

"If you leave, you have a great chance of dying." The doctor gently said, lessening his power on the grip.

"What do you know? All I did was injur my head and my hips. I know that I'm gonna be okay."

"No, that's not what I meant." Minho sighed. "There's a great chance that you're going to go right ahead and kill yourself again."

I silenced at those words. What he said was true. When I found out that I failed my suicide attempt, I wanted to go and jump off my balcony again. I wanted to keep jumping off of the balcony until I die thoroughly.

"You understand now, right? So get back to your bed right now." He demanded.

"That's right, get back to your bed. I paid for this, you know? So you better not waste my money." Seungho said teasingly at me.

"Shut up." I glared at him.

"Please." Minho signaled for Seungho to stop acting so immature and mean.

Seungho rolled his eyes. "I don't care. I'm sorry that you went through so many bad things, but I missed my plane because of you! I was supposed to arrive to S. Korea by tomorrow and visit my girlfriend and her family for the holidays!"

"Your girlfriend can wait. I don't see why she would miss you anyways." I snapped.

"Seungho-ssi, I think you should leave now. Krystal needs her rest." The doctor calmly said as if he was talking to elementary kids.

"Fine." He angrily stood up from his seat and slammed the door as he went out of the room.

I stared at Minho as he started putting back the needle thingies in my arm again.

"Hey, Minho, what happened to me? Like my brains and my guts. They're all okay?" I asked, curious.

"It's doctor Minho to you, Krystal-ssi. And so many brain cells died that a part of your brain is severely damaged. You might forget things here and there often."

"But I'm not going to lose my memory, am I?" I disappointedly asked.

"Most likely not. Why? Is there a memory you would like to forget?" He asked, hearing the disappointment in my voice.

"Yes..." I sighed.

"Would you like to share it?" He was done inserting all the stupid needles, and he sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"Well...there's no specific memory. I just want to erase all my good memories."

He scoffed. "Why would you want to do that? Why not erase the bad memories?"

"Because....erasing my bad memories is like losing my whole memory. I want to get rid of the good memories so I'll be less pained and hurt...."