Unfair Life

Life Is Unfair, But That's Fair.

"Life..." White puff came out from my mouth as I spoke into the cold, thin air. "is....so ing unfair."

I took a deep, shaky breath and closed my eyes. I was tempted to run back inside my tiny apartment room when the cold breeze stung my bare skin. I was wearing only a tank top with shorts and bare feet. I slowly looked down.

"Life." I gritted my teeth. "Is. Unfair. To. Me."

I took another shaky breath. My heart felt pinched and scared. Down was steep. Down was scary.

I was sitting on the balcony fence, my legs dangling over thirteen stories above. It was the cold and lonely winter. Two days before Christmas. ing Christmas.

"Life." I repeated, trying to anger myself so I would have the guts to jump down. "Is so unfair to me..." My voice trailed off.

Repeating those words didn't help, so I thought about what was unfair.

"What's so unfair?" I scoffed. "What's unfair is that I live in this small, smelly, STUPID ing apartment with no kitchen and no living room and no bed or T.V. Another thing? My family left me. They don't even care about me. They never cared about me. They ing disappeared altogether without telling me. They ran away from me. They threw me away." I felt my tears coming back.

My throat hurt badly, and I couldn't make any sounds. I couldn't even breathe.

"My..." I whispered. I let go of the railing with one hand to wipe my tears off before they freeze into ice because of the cold. "My ing family. Mom never cared for me. Dad never loved me. And Jiyeon. She was my friend and sister. And she left me. Her life was a lie." I hissed. "Her ing life was a ing LIE!" I yelled into the hollow air.

I looked down once again, and I saw someone staring up at me.

"WHAT ARE YOU STARING AT?" I shrieked at him. I saw him jump with fear. I smirked. "I'll show you what you're here to stare at. I'll show you something interesting."

I gritted my teeth and took a deep breath. I gripped my hands hard on the cold, metal railings. I shivered in fear. I dreaded the moment. I felt something squeezing all the blood from my heart out.

I'm gonna do this. I really am.

Tears fell on my cheeks, but I didn't wash them away.

One......two......three.

I grunted, attempting to fall. I couldn't. I groaned.

"Krystal, you have to die. You have no purpose of living. Your family hated you and abandoned you. You have no one, Krystal. Do you want to live alone in this cold world?? No. You would rather die. DIEEEE, KRYSTAL!" I screamed to myself. I looked down again, and my heart shook with fear. My legs wanted to scramble out and run back into my house and onto the rug.

I began to sob because I was scared.

"You have to die........." was all I said. After that, I just yelled. I shrieked in frustration.

"I'M GONNA ING DO THIS!"

I began to shake my legs and arms as if I was whining to my mom to buy me candy, back when I was young. I kept shaking and shaking until.....I lost balance.

I was so shocked that I couldn't even yell. I gasped when I was in the air. The cold air pierced at my skin and I couldn't open my eyes. It felt like ten whole seconds, falling down.

But the strange thing was that...... I didn't feel scared. I felt relaxed. I felt free. I felt good. I felt like this was my time to die. This was my time to get away from my ed up life.

Then I fell. I was thinking about Jiyeon when I suddenly hit the ground. My lungs immediately stopped to function and I couldn't breathe. Since I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move. I was scared. I wanted someone to help me.

"Hey! HEY!" I heard a male voice yell towards me. After that, I out.