Chapter II

Trust Me

NAMJOON

He wakes up in the morning and check his phone to look at what time it is. It's 6 a.m in the morning and he can hear people outside his room, busy doing whatever they are doing. Last night, after the radio show, Namjoon went to bed immediately because of how tired he was. He did not even check his phone like he usually do before bed.

He rubs both of his eyes trying to let the sunlight enters his eyes. He lets his eyes open slowly and let his cornea adjust to the light for a few seconds. As soon as he regain his sight perfectly, he reach out for his phone and open the notification bar. There’s one unread message, he tap his screen once. 

 


YOU-나: I listened to your broadcast last night. You did well! XD 


 

He types a short message quickly in reply, before he has to get up of bed. 

 


김남준: 고마워 (thank you), what did you think of me? I sound cool, right?                        


 

Just right before he locks his phone, it vibrates and made a ding voice. 

 


YOU-나: You bet! I bet that PD-nim likes you even more now. y girl knows which y man right? 
김남준: ㅋㅋㅋ I doubt it. I think she's rethinking it right now. ㅋㅋ
YOU-나: ㅋㅋㅋ


 

He stares at the screen for a while. Waiting just in case she replies with something else, but nothing. He runs his finger again, this time slowly... 

 


김남준: 보고ㅅ... (I miss...)


 

Before he could finish the sentence, he hits the delete button quickly multiple times until there's nothing left in the message bar. He locks his phone and throws it across the bed as fast as lightning. He slips his fingers through his hair and mess up his own hair and sigh heavily. He gets up from his position and sits down on his bed. 

"What's wrong with you?" Suddenly a voice coming from the other bed in front of him.

"아 깜짝이야! 아... 형? 얼마나 오래 깨어 있었던거야?" (Ah you suprised me! Hyung? How long have you been awake?)

"I've been awake on my bed since 30 min ago. Just too lazy to get up“ Suga replies.

Apparently Suga has been in the same room, awake, with Namjoon this whole time. He almost get caught blushing if he hadn't throw his phone away from him. 

"What are you doing? Who were you texting? You look... troubled" he says with curiosity. 

"Nobody. I wasn't texting anyone." 

"I can hear you type. What is it? What are you hiding?" 

"Nothing. I'm not hiding anything," he gets up from his position and walk towards the door leaving Suga alone in the room with a confuse face, before he could ask him anymore question. 

He sees the member, minus Jungkook who’s still sleeping, in the living room fresh and already washed up. 

“Oh! Good morning, Hyung!” Jimin greets him with a face full of happiness. Probably still because of yesterday, he thought. Namjoon mumble to answer Jimin, still a little bit dizzy because he just woke up… or maybe because of the text? Namjoon kicks that thought away from his mind as soon as it pop up. 

“You should get ready, manager said he’s on his way here to pick us up” Jin adds. 

Namjoon nods and enters the bathroom then clean him selfs up—before the manager comes and nag. They have a tight schedule as they are promoting their new album, so they always have to leave early. Sometimes before 6 they already on their way. As soon as he finish, the manager is already at their dorm telling them to hurry up and that they'll be leaving in 5 minutes. The members clean up quickly and grab everything they need, like snapback, earphone, mask, jacket, etcetera. After he put on some clothes,  Namjoon quickly grabs his phone on his bed and runs to the door. 

"Kookie, get out here quickly!" He yells from the door. 

"네, 형! (Yes, Hyung!)" The one who's being called answers. Jungkook slip through him, then Namjoon looks the door and put the key inside his pocket. As he sits down on the pessanger seat right next to the driver, he takes out his phone and finds one new message. From her... again. 

 


YOU-나: 보고싶다~ ^^ 오늘도 화이팅! (I miss you. Fighting for today too!)


*** 

 

NAMJOON

“Ya, why are you staring at your phone like that? So scary…” Hoseok once again disturb Namjoon’s deep thought. 

“Do you mind…? Seriously…” 

“왜… 왜… 왜…? (why...) What’s wrong with you?” Hoseok just ask more question because of the sudden mood change. 

“Ah… sorry. I’m just… tired,” he replies with an alibi. 

“Sleep then. Stop looking at your phone.”

Namjoon neglect Hoseok suggestion and let his mind wonders off once again. Just when he was about to listen to music with his earphone, one of the staff calls him to do his make up. The manager walks in the green room as he stand up.

“Are you sick?” the manager asks. 

“Who? Me? No, i’m not sick. Why?” Namjoon asks the manager back. 

“You look a bit gloomy. Please maintain your health you’re on promoting period, we can’t afford any member getting sick. 알았어?” the manager yells out to the entire team member. 

“네!” the members answer simultaneously. 

“괜찮아요? (Are you okay?)” asks the staff member. 

“Aahh… seriously, I’m fine. Thank you for your concern,” he replies politely. To be honest, he’s not that fine. He’s okay physically, but mentally, there’s just so many things going on inside his head lately. Something that he doesn’t want to think about. At least not now. 

“Haaaaahh…” Namjoon sigh deeply.