Chapter X

Trust Me

MINJU

It's almost midnight and Minju is standing in front of the bathroom mirror, washing her face before going to sleep. The dorm is particularly quiet today, they were lucky enough to go home early by the teachers. Halla and Yujin is inside their room already, meanwhile Jane is still in the dining room eating fruits. MInju rinse her face with warm water and pat her skin lightly. She spray a little bit of mist onto her face as a finishing touch. 

"Are you done, Eonnie?" asks Jane as soon as Minju step out of the bathroom. 

"Yup. What are you eating?" she takes a peek at Jane's bowl on the table. 

"Dragon fruit. You want some?" 

"No, its okay. You go ahead," Minju rejects politely. She grabs her phone that's on the table to check if she receive any new messages from him. She taps the phone screen couple of times to reply Namjoon. 

"Are you talking to Yuna Eonnie?" asks Jane as she put one piece of dragon fruit to . 

"Yuna? Why would I be talking to Yuna?" she asks Jane back, still with her attention fully invested to her phone screen. 

Jane swallows her food before answering Minju. "She out, right? She hasn't comeback, so I thought you're asking where she is."

Minju frowns and turn her head to Jane as she take the seat right across from Jane. "She's out? Where did she go?" 

"Wait, I thought you knew. But... she went with the manager," says Jane as she takes another piece of dragon fruit to . 

"No, I didn't know. Did she say where she was going?" Jane shakes her head. 

Minju mumbles. "She's going with manager-Oppa right? So, we don't have to worry." Minju glance at her phone and back to Jane again. "Jane..." she calls her. 

"Yeah?" 

"Can you keep a secret?" 

Jane raise both of her eyebrows and nods. 

"You know, Namjoon right?" 

"Namjoon...? From BTS?" 

Minju nods. "Well... he and I are kind of..." 

"Kind of...?" Jane continue the sentence. 

"Well, you know that I met him once right? When I was still a trainee and I never spoken or heard anything about him since then, and... yesterday, somehow, he go my contact." 

Jane is quiet for a few moment. "Namjoon did? Are you sure it's him? It could be someone pretending to be him, isn't it?" 

"I thought about that. I checked, Yuna has Namjoon contact right? So I checked mine with hers to see if it's different but it's not. So it's really him," 

Jane's eyes widen and makes a 'O' shape in distrust. "Really?! Wow! Have you talk to him Eonnie?" 

"Of course! We're still chatting right now. He's still the same charming Namjoon that I know from a few years ago," Minju looks down to her phone with a soft expression. An expression that only people who are involve in certain type of emotion has it. 

"Soo... you're still...?" Jane did not finish her sentence, unsure whether she should ask her or not. 

Minju looks at Jane with a blank expression, her smile disappear. "I dunno. I think I do... but I don't want to." 

"Why nooott?" she grabs Minju's forearm. "You have you're chance now. Take it. You said you were hurt? Maybe this is the time for you to get heal." 

"What if, I'm just going to end up getting hurt even more?" 

Jane can't answer her, because Jane knows even she can't guarantee that. "You just have to take a leap of faith." 

Minju stares at Jane deeply and sigh. She looks at her phone, waiting for Namjoon to reply her message when suddenly her phone rings. Incoming call from... HIM. Minju's eyes dilated, she hold up her phone as she gets up from her seat as fast as lightning. Her heart beat starts raising, she hold her phone really tight, so tight until it reach to the point that it might even break into two. 

"What? What?" Jane asks. 

"Sssttt," Minju holds up her index finger in front of her lips. She turn to her phone and hit the green button hesitantly. "여보세요? Hello?)" 

The one from the other end clears his throat. 

"여보세요... 나야 (Hello... it's me)." 

Minju laughs in awkwardness. "Ah, yes. Hi..." 

"Mmhhh... 뭐해? (What are you doing?)," 

Minju cover both of her eyes while smiling, can't believe who is she talking to right now. "Nothing. I'm not doing anything." 

"You're not busy then?"

Namjoon asks again. This time Minju can hear a car voice passing by on the background. 

"No, I'm not busy. Mmhh... where are you?" she asks after hearing the sound of a car engine. 

"I just got off a bus, on my way to the dorm. Why?" 

Minju smile. "Just asking. Well... you should rest then. You have a busy schedule tomorrow right?" 

"Naah, it's okay. I'm not that tired." 

"Are you sure? It's past midnight now." 

"Yeah, don't worry about it. Besides... I want to... hear your voice. Tonight." 

Minju did not answer immediately. She's quiet, smiling like an idiot. Thinking what she should say. "Are you... satisfied now?" That came out wrong. Minju sounds like she's being cocky but Namjoon laughs it off. 

"Of course!" 

Once again, Minju can only smile. 

"You're tired, aren't you? I'm sorry to bother you at this hour." 

"No, I'm not. Don't worry about it. I'm glad that you did," says Minju, her smile get wider and wider. 

Namjoon giggles. 

"I'll do it more often." 

Silence. Minju couldn't repsond to what Namjoon said. 

"Well, I'm here. At my dorm I mean. I'll hang up for now. Talk to you next time. Byebye~" 

"Okay. Byebye~" Namjoon hangs up and Minju draws her phone away from her ear and looks at her screen. Right after the phone call ended, she can hear the dorm front door opens. Minju runs to the front door to see who it is. 

"I'm home!" says Yuna as soon as she close the door. 

"Where have you been?" asks Minju. 

"Huh? Uuhh... I just met a friend," Yuna answer and turn her face to other things. As if like she's trying not to look at Minju in the eyes. 

"Friend? Who?" 

"Just... an old friend," says Yuna, after she set her shoe on the shoe racks she gets in. "Ouh, I'm so tired. I'm gonna go wash up now." 

"Oh? Okay," Minju lets Yuna pass through her. 

When Yuna enters the bathroom and close the door, Jane gets up from her seat and walk towards Minju. "Who was that Eonnie?" 

Minju turns to Jane. "Who was who?" 

"That phone call..." 

"Owh. It's... pfft," she's trying to not answer the question. 

"It's him, isn't it?"

Minju is quiet. 

"IT IS!" Jane voice gets lauder. Minju quickly cover Jane's mouth with her palm to shut her up.

"Sssttt. Don't be so loud!" 

Jane giggles and Minju release her grip. "I'm sorry. But I'm just happy for you!" Jane hugs Minju on the hips. 

Minju laugh a little. "Okay, okay. That's enough. Hey... you have to promise me." 

Jane release her embrace and stare at Minju. "What is it?" 

"Don't tell anyone. Not Halla, not Yujin, not even Yuna. Okay?" 

Jane cross her heart and push her lips close together tightly. "Promise." 

Minju holds out her little finger and Jane intertwines hers with Minjus'. Both of them smile and Minju embrace Jane shoulder and they walk to their bedroom together. 

Secret. It's a secret. 

❉ ❉ ❉