Oriental Mark

Dark Music

Xin/Lian Zhan POV

"My name's Mark."

Xin blinked. It was the most strange thing she had heard but the most comforting. A "normal" name.

"Girl, what's yours?"

"Oh, I'm Lian but call me Xin."

"Alright Xin, come on. We'll be safer some were else."

"Kay."

He followed an unseen path through the woods with Xin in step behind. It didn't take long until they entered a clearing. Mark stopped and just stood there. Xin wasn't watching and ran right into him.

"Ah!"

Mark spun around and clamped his hand on .

"Watch it," he whispered close to her ear.

Mark turned around again and just stood there, staring at the sky.Then a few seconds later a beep sounded.

"A~~Your red hair stands out too much, Mark," a voice called out from a tree.

"Found a new Oriental have you?" Another voice, lower this time probably inside a bush, "I'm surprised. I thought your 'talent' would stop you from doing field Tracking."

"They only time you have to do field Tracking, not only do you find a girl Oriental, but a Natural one," The first voice again.

"You guys can come out. She isn't dangerous," Mark rolled his eyes, "you made enough noise. Jackson, MY HAIR IS SUPPOSED TO STAND OUT!"

Two young men, who were closer to their late teens, emerged from the edges. The one wearing a baseball cap backward with WANG on it was smirking. The second was a slightly shorter boy with a tuft of pink hair giggling with him.

"Stop, stop it!" The WANG cap laughed, "It isn't 'Girls, girls, girls they love me?' You have the most luck with them."

"Aish, Jackson." Mark sighed, "I don't"

"What?..."Xin looked at Mark.

"You would've be blasted to bits along with me if you rambled about like a beast," Mark shrugged assuming she was talking about the stop in the clearing, "All people who pass beyond this point without a full scan would be sliced into paper by the laser cutter surrounding this clearing. The scan doesn't work with noise."

"I wasn't asking about that. What does Tracking andOrientalNatural mean to you guys? and a paper thin laser cutter? I thought that hadn't been even invented yet ?"

"Where have you been?"The WANG cap aka Jackson asked, "It's the year 1502M. That's old tech from 200 years ago."

"Eh?!Old tech? What world do you come from?" Xin questioned, "In my world, we have just started with the concept of smartphones. They type of technology can only be imagined!"

Who is this guy, Jackson...anyway, where am I?...if thin lasers cutters exist....

"This world, what about you? Smartphone are from 1002M!SO OLD."

"I come from America, on the continent, North America, on the world Earth," Xin retorted.

"Mark, isn't those places myths?" The pink tufted hair one asked.

"Normally, but I don't think so this time, Bambam..." Mark frowned, "Jackson, stop yelling. Xin, do you know what does Oriental stand for and does the word Seer meaning anything special to you?"

"An Asian person," Xin was confused," but Seer doesn't mean anything to me except someone who sees..."

Mark POV

Asian...that's old...better take her to Double L's...this is not good....not knowing what Seer is to?

Bambam whispered into Mark's ear, "She's strange..."

"You know I can hear you."

"Xin, you need to come with us, quickly. Your situation might be a lot worse than I thought."

"But who are these two?"

Mark sighed, "The WANG cap is Jackson. The other is Bambam."

"Eh! Come on," The one called Jackson protested, "I'm the wild and y, Jackson!"

"Shut up!"Mark grinned,"Come on, Xin."

"Why?"

"It's easier if someone else explained it to you."

"Who?"

"I think he is talking about a Seer," Bambam interrupted.

"Yes, the Seer," Mark sighed, "Can you, please, stop talking? The faster we go the better."

Jackson frowned, "Which one?"

"Your friend, the llama," He then pulled Bambam and Jackson away, "and before you ask any other question, I believe Xin may be a Drifter."

Sorry, Been busy with school! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

-Alex