Out of Nowhere

Dark Music

No One Pov

"Hey, look!"

More people started to gather around the black-haired figure lying on the ground.

"Her hair!"

"Wouldn't she be worth a lot on the market?"

"Probably, even more based on how she looks."

One of the onlookers ran his fingers through the girl's hair, "Good quality too."

A women interjected, "Why is she here in the first place? On some pleasure trip or something?"

"Doubt it, too young, but you know the laws. She's mine."

"No, I saw her first!"

"What do you mean? You (insert word of choice in here) !"

"Do you even have the correct collar?"

A fight breaks out among the various light-haired onlookers. The girl wakes but no one notices in the fight.

Xin/Lian Zhan POV

Stirring awake in a fight? Not a good thing. Where was she? Unnatural darkness then plenty of light along with people wanting to sell her? First, confirm the facts and don't scream.

Her name was Lian Zhan, but she was always called Xin. She is fifteen years old. Her father was Chinese. Her mother was also Chinese. A straight ap and honors student. She lives in-

A metal collar clamped around her neck and it was yanked by a long trailing chain to nowhere. She was quickly dragged away from the former but now fighting onlookers. There were some that noticed but gave up when they saw the collar around her neck. Xin couldn't see who was dragging. Instead, she concentrated on following it without being choked. Xin tasted blood in . Probably, from that weird darkness earlier. The chain attached to the collar suddenly when slack as she was pulled to enter a silent alley. 

A figure leaped at Xin and covered her's eyes. This person was much stronger and larger than Xin prevent her from running away. The man or women used his or her free hand to grab Xin's hair. Based on what she could feel, Xin believed the person was inspecting her hair for unknown reasons. The person suddenly gave her hair a sharp yank, which brought about a sharp squeak from Xin. Once the person heard the squeak, Xin's hair was let go. 

Gentle hands release the collar on her neck. Xin turned around to see a young man with strange red hair dressed in various shades of gray with a dash of silver cloth on his hooded jacket. He put his finger to his lips, telling her to be silent. As he did so, Xin saw a ring on his middle finger with something looking like G-O-T-7 on it. This boy was obviously trying to help her, so Xin decides to trust him and hope for the best.

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her further into the alley. He stopped in front of a strange grill-like window that was about three ft squared. He flicked out a knife from his belt and worked the window out. It was dark beyond the light of the alley and Xin stopped. The man shrugged and leap down into the darkness and stuck out his hand through the opening. Xin cautiously grabbed the outstretched hand and was pulled into the darkness. Her hand was let go of as the opening was covered again by the window. There was even less light than before because of the type of glass the window was made of. Xin's hand was grabbed again and she was pulled farther into the darkness. The man holding her hand walked steadily on. His footsteps barely made a whisper opposed to the patting of Xin's feet.  As they went deeper, the light seemed to grow. The tunnel was lined with motion sensing lamps that increase with light as they walked past. There were a few turns and finally it ended into a dead end. Except for a ladder that lead to an opening with a covering made of leaves. The red-head climbed up the ladder and shifted the leaf covering to reveal a thick forest. He pushed himself out of the opening and Xin followed. The opening was covered again leaving unrecognizable against the rest of the forest floor. He grabbed her hand again and started pulling her deeper into the forest. Xin stopped and shook her head.

"What's your name?"

The young man stopped, "My name's Mark."

Yea!! 1st chapter is finished. Thanks for reading this. I hope this was a good first chapter and you will consider reading on! Please comment any idea, corrections, or predictions. Oh and for future reference, I do not curse and so I will put the (insert word of choice in here). Thank you for not minding it. 

- Alex Yamamoto