Chapter 2

When Bad Turns Worse

You guys should check this out!!!!!          (    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRw7tY0YOEg    )

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I awoke in darkness, with the smell of wood smoke and mint in my nose. I turned my face into the pillow and took a long breath. The taste of the air was if a wet dog had lain on the pillow. The surroundings were so confusing that I stood up and headed for the light switch.

My sleep induced brain couldn't bring the memories of last night to me. I switched the light on, and as I looked around me, awareness crept to me like a slow fog. I was so shocked that I fell onto the bed again, and then I felt the pain in my side, and I pulled up my shirt to find my side bandaged and I felt as if I'd had some Ibuprofen already.

I wasn't dead. Or was this the waiting room for judgement? I pinched my arm, where the bite was. Yeah. Definitely not dead. So where was this then? I considered my options. Stay here, and think some more about how to get away, or go find out who did this.

I chose my option pretty quickly. I stood up and went to the door; I put my ear to it to listen for footsteps outside the door or anywhere else in hearing range.

I didn't hear anything, and I was surprised to find the door unlocked. I was also surprised to see the Gucci bag I brought to the party resting on the outside of the door. I picked it up, slung it over my shoulder and walked out into the hallway. I crept along, hearing snoring inside some of the rooms I passed. I saw the stairs at the end of the hallway.

I tip-toed down them, leaning on the railway, ensuring my footsteps wouldn't be heard. At the bottom of the steps, I pulled out my cell phone.

Honestly, it wasn't shocking to find the battery gone. I checked my watch and it was ten in the morning. Where? I didn't know. My wallet was still in there, with all of my money. But that also meant that they weren't burglars. And I also didn't make the connection to wolves bringing me down to walking up in a house.

Maybe they had dogs to track me? I hoped it was that instead of...

I heard a noise in the kitchen and smelled food cooking. So now my kidnappers were making breakfast? That was typical. I crept my way to the kitchen where I hid behind the doorway. I must have made a noise despite my efforts.

"Chanyeol? Is that you?" A man's voice called out. I heard the man's footsteps coming toward the doorway.

I stepped out of it, with the idea that if he saw me, he would stop and that would put some distance between us, if there was the need to run. And that he did.

This man was pretty tall, and had a little bit of a baby face. His blonde hair curled in the front of his face, and he looked around 25. He puts his hands behind his head, locking them.

 "Hello." he said, his voice pleasant. I just looked at him, probably with a look of repulsion and fear.

He sighed, then said, "I'll explain everything if you don't scream or try to run, okay?" He must have seen the answer on my face and the way I took a step back, but he remained silent. I realized he was waiting for an answer.

That made me angry. He was kidnapping me and he wanted answers?

"I don't have to answer you." I snapped at him.

I know I should have been hysterical, which I was, but it didn't show in my perfectly angry voice. He sighed.

"This isn't going to be easy to explain, but-"

 "- you kidnapped me, and are trying to calm me down. Sorry, don't think that's going to happen anytime soon."  For some reason, he didn't get offended like I was expecting. He just laughed.

"I didn't kidnap you." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh yeah? What the hell do you call this then? Because I’m pretty sure in the eyes of China, this is considered kidnapping." He laughed again.

"I'm serious." he said, amused.

"So am I. You don't call taking me to - who knows - late at night, after having dogs attacking me? Good luck explaining how it's not." I pointed out angrily.

He looked at me. Truthfully, he looked like a stay-at-home house dad with too many worries. His shoulders were broad and slumped as if he had the world on them. And his eyes were vaguely familiar, as if I had seen them somewhere before.

"You needed to heal after being bitten." I just laughed myself. I was more hysterical than I thought.

"Then why didn't you take me to - oh I don't know- a hospital?" My voice was dripping sarcasm and it was icy cold.

"A hospital couldn't fix what you have." He looked at me solemn and serious.

"Oh yeah? And what exactly do I have that even a hospital could fix that you seem to have a cure for?" That was when he finally got angry.

"Not cure, deal with." he growled at me.

"I don't need your help dealing with anything." I said, my voice even and cold.

"You do, more than anything. I won't let a newborn expose us." his voice wasn't angry.

"Newborn?" I said, my sarcasm was spent. I expected the fear to come into my voice, but it just sounded tired. He put on a barely-there smile.

"Freshly made, newly born."

"I know what it means!" I snapped as I continued, "What I want to know is what you meant by it."

He said, "Baekhyun, I know you're listening. Get in here." I spun toward the door where a boy around my age stepped out from the shadows.

He was maybe three inches shorter than me with dark brown hair framing his face, and black eyeliner lining his eyes.

"Sorry Suho. I heard him get up, and I wanted to see what happened." he told him, his voice apologetic.

"It's okay, I need someone for a witness anyway. There's breakfast if you want it." He gestured towards the stove.

He smiled at him, turning to get a plate from the cabinet.

"What did you mean by it?" I asked slowly, obviously irked.

"Hmmm? Oh, I meant that you're a newborn in our world. Someone who has been newly turned." He honestly had lost me. He was talking out of a movie now, I honestly felt as if it was from Breaking Dawn that I saw with Luhan.

"Turned into what?" I asked my lips curling.

"A werewolf." he said plaintively, as if commenting on the color if Baekhyun's shirt. I honestly lost it then. I crouched down, howling with laughter. My whole body shook with it. After a couple of moments it had died down enough for me to speak.

"So that’s what this is about?" momentarily forgetting the wound in my side, and the wolves.

 I continued, "Someone wanted to prank me? I wouldn't be surprised if Punk'd came out of your cupboards at this point. Okay so who's pranking me? Lay? Xiumin? Maybe even Luhan?"

He looked at me stonily. "I'm not joking with you Tao."

"So you’re a retard escapee patient? And how do you even know my name?! I never told you my name." he didn't laugh, so he must have been serious. "Only in China, would some idiot kidnap me, trying to convince me I’m turning into a dog."

Baekhyun snapped, "Werewolf. I won't be downgraded to being called a dog. And you’re not even in China anymore." I turned to him then.

"But you don't mind being crazy?" I asked him. His eyes narrowed, then opened again. He gave me a thoughtful look.

"Look, we could show you. But we have to wait for everyone else to get up." I laughed again. The day they turned into wolves was when pigs would fly. I pretended to be thoughtful about it, looking at the both of them thoughtfully, and said, "Fine. If you turn into wolves, I'll be a good boy and learn your wolfy ways." I smiled sarcastically at them.

"Okay, just sit down and wait. Won't be long. You want any breakfast?" I honestly couldn't believe that they were going to go out there, and make fools of themselves. After they had kidnapped me.

"Shockingly, I'm not hungry." I said. My voice didn't carry any sarcasm, I just sounded worn out.

I pulled the bag off my shoulders, dug through it a bit, found my IPod and plugged it into my ears. I took another look around before going to the corner and sitting down putting my head on my arms, wrapped around my legs.

"Do you really think that you going out there and trying to be wolves will prove anything?" I asked, simply too worn out to fight him.

He merely smiled, and turned his back.

What felt like hours later, but was probably only maybe 30 minutes, one of them came and tapped my shoulder. When I looked up, there was a shorter guy with messy brown hair and huge doe-like eyes.

"Kris told me to get you. He said they're ready for you now." He stated, a little shyly.

"Why does this feel like i'm in a twisted doctor's office?" I grumbled to myself. The guy beside me cracked a smile. He motioned for me to follow him, and led me down a hallway to my right.

"My name's Do Kyungsoo, but please call me D.O. It's nice to meet you, even under these circumstances." He introduced, very politely.

"Huang Zitao, but Tao is what I go by. How old are you D.O?" I asked, not wanting on the off chance to offend him by not using correct honorifics.

"I'm 22, born in January." He replied, giving an easy smile, as we looped and treaded through the hallways. So he was actually a little older? Odd, he looked like he'd be a year or two younger.

"Oh, so your older by a few months than me." I said, letting him know that I was pretty much the same age.

"Guess i'm your hyung then. I'll try to take good care of you from now on then." He grinned. What he said shocked me a little. The 'from now on' part caught in my head. So i'll be here a while then?!

I was pulled out of my thoughts when we came out to a grass yard. It looked about the size of a football field, and had all sorts of weird items strwen around in it. In the middle was Suho, Baekhyun, and 4 guys I've never seen before.

But there was one guy .... and I recognized him IMMEDIATELY. And it seems that as soon as he caught sight of me, that he knew it too, as he started to back away.

"KAI! What the hell!" I screamed at him. His eyes went wide, and he seemed to walk backwards faster. He was still facing me, and his palms were towards me, showing peace.

"Tao ... I can explain, I swear." He sounded like he was pleading.

"Explain what?! How you were a part of kidnapping me? How you were a part of me getting kidnapped? Are you kidding me?! There's nothing to explain!" I growled at him. He looked guilty, and still was walking backwards, but I was quickly catching up.

"It's not like that. I wish it could have been different-"

"DIFFERENT!? I've been kidnapped! And you're part of it! If you really wanted it to be different, you could have changed something!" I roared at him.

"You don't understand Tao! I couldn't have-" I interrupted him once again.

"You could have! You were the one who threw the party! YOU were the one who invited Luhan, KNOWING that he would convince me to go along. YOU were the one who obviously had a hand in what happened. And YOU probably knew what was happening, and didn't tell me!" I screeched at him, finally lunging for him. Before I could even touch him, I was tackled to the fround. I immediately rolled onto the person on me, and started fighting with them out of instinct.

"We can't let him change this early!" I heard someone scream.

I could tell that the person on me, though I couldn't see properly with the blinding sun and out combined hair, was trying to restrain me, not injure me. But I couldn't say the same. I felt maniacal glee as I felt my fist connect with their rib cage. Finally, I got to injure one of the people who injured me. I heard a low growl, like an angered lion.

"Stop him! Don't let Chen turn!" I heard D.O yell.

I felt more arms on me, and I was brought to my knees with my arms behind my back. I looked, and the boy who tackled me; with messy black hair, camel-like eyes, and a prankster type of face, was also brought to his knees. He was shaking so hard, it looked like he was vibrating.

The thing was, the whole world looked like it was vibrating. I couldn't see anything correctly. It was like the whole world had turned into one huge back massager. I felt extremely hot, and there was a pain in my chest. I felt the pain in my chest start to spread, and I thrashed against the arms pinning me back.

The vibrating only got worse, to where I could only see shaking blurs of actual images. The pain was still spreading, and I felt like my bones were being broken, and then forcefully jerked into different locations. I could barely breathe because of the overwhelming pain.

As soon as I felt like the pain was getting too much for me to handle, God took mercy on me, and I saw all the shaking blurs fade to black.


********


When I woke up, I was in a room. It was different from the room before. This one looked like an actual bedroom compared to a guest room. But as soon as I tried to move, it felt like a hippo decided it wanted to sit it's fat down on my stomach.

Coughs immediately started wracking my body, and I felt breathless. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked over to see a new face above me. He looked pissed off, and he had one heck of a -face. His blonde hair looked like it was glowing with what little light in the room there was. His pitch black eyes stared straight into mine.

"There's one thing you need to learn, and you need to learn it quick. We are not liars. I will not be taken for a fool. Whatever lie you have been making up in your head about us lying to you, make it vanish. And in case you are too stupid not to take us seriously, I will show you just how serious I am." He hissed.

He opened his mouth, and steam started hissing out. He put his mouth right in front of mine, and I smelled the smoke. My lips and nose felt extremely hot. Looking at his mouth, it was starting to glow orange, and flames were starting to at his lips. I felt my face start to sweat from the heat, and I could feel my skin drying out, and I knew it must be red from all the blood boiling in my face.

He abruptly pulled away. My face found relief in the cool air in the room. He glared down at me from a standing position, his arms crossed.

"If you don't take us seriously, and learn what you need to learn to survive in our world, then I guarantee that what I just showed you will seem like winter." He stalked off out of the room, and slammed the door shut after him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Please comment any suggestions for the story or any mistakes I made. I have a lot going on in my life right now, but the more subscribers and comments I get, the faster to update! Oh, and how did my views go from 400+ views to 1110+ views IN 25 MINUTES?!?!?!?! I don't think that's even possible!!!!!!  O.O. If it's not some Error, THEN THANK YOU SO MUCH!