ring

how to ruin a moment (drabble collection)

Drabble 2

 

 

A waiter comes toward their table carrying a cake and wine. Baekhyun looks at them with glee and glances at Chanyeol, his boyfriend for 3 years. Yes, today is their third years anniversary and Baekhyun can't wait to spend more years with his tall, cute, silly boyfriend.

 

"Did you plan this?" Baekhyun smiles, and nods at the waiter who pours the wine to his glass.

 

"Of course. Now let's cut the cake." Chanyeol stands up and goes to Baekhyun's side, holding the knife together and cut the delicious chocolate cake carefully. Chanyeol pecks his boyfriend's cheek, tells him that he loves him and then he goes back to his seat.

 

"Thank you Chanyeol, I'm really happy." Baekhyun reaches out his hand and puts it on top of Chanyeol's hand on the table.

 

The other guy turns over his hand so he can hold Baekhyun's, then says gently, "I'm glad you like this, but this is just the start." He winks playfully.

 

"Oh my God, there's more? Is that what I think about?" Baekhyun narrows his eyes. Knowing his boyfriend, it must be something about their bedroom activity. Not that he minds.

 

Chanyeol laughed, "Let's just see. Now let's celebrate our anniversary." He raised his glass of wine, so Baekhyun copies it, then clinks their glass together.

 

Baekhyun sips the wine slowly and pauses when he feels something pokes at his tongue. He moves the glass a few inches from his lips and gasps audibly when he sees a ring under the wine. He looks up at Chanyeol with wide eyes. "Oh God, Chanyeol!"

 

The tall guy across him just smiles, reaches for Baekhyun's left hand while the latter puts the glass on the table because his hands are shaking. "I've thinking about this a lot," Chanyeol says fondly, thumb Baekhyun's soft skin, "Three years with you, going through the hard times and happy times... I really love you, you know. And honestly, I can't imagine myself with anyone else. So," he takes a deep breath, "Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?"

 

Baekhyun cups his mouth with his other hand, eyes teary, "Yes! Yes! Oh my God." he squeezes Chanyeol's hand while pats his tears with his sleeve.

 

"Oh Baekhyunnie, please don't cry." Chanyeol walks over and wipes Baekhyun's tears with a handkerchief (what a gentleman). Baekhyun glad that Chanyeol reserved a secluded place in the restaurant because honestly, this is kind of embarrassing.

 

Chanyeol makes a gesture to call the waiter who's always ready, ans tells him to pick the ring in the wine (and wipe it of course) while he consoles his new fiancee, pecking his hand ten his cheek. The waiter holds the ring to Chanyeol and he puts them on Baekhyun's left ring finger.

 

"It's so pretty..." Baekhyun brings his hand up, marveling the sight of thin gold ring around his finger. He never thought he would wear this band so soon. He turns his face and kisses Chanyeol on the lips, the waiter can see for all he cares. "Thank you, I love you."

 

"I love you too. You okay now?" Chanyeol has to make sure.

 

"Yes. Yes. I'm just so happy." Baekhyun chuckles, wiping the leftover tears.

 

"Okay, now, how about we eat the cake? I chose the very delicious one."

 

Baekhyun nods. "I want to go to the restroom first, though. I'm really messy."

 

"Okay. Do you want me to come with you?"

 

"No, no. I'll be back real soon."

 

Baekhyun walks into the back of the restaurant, hoping no one notice his puffy eyes.

 

He heads to the sink and horrified when he sees that not only his red eyes but he has red face too. Luckily, he used waterproof eyeliner earlier or else it'd be messy and embarrassing.

 

"Aish." He turns on the water and splashes his face with them. He takes a sheet of tissue and carefully dabs his face. When he glances back to the mirror, he smiles when he sees the ring on his finger. He sighs happily. Who would've thought Chanyeol would propose tonight?

 

Anyway, as romantic as it looks to put a ring inside the wine, it still feels sticky. So Baekhyun takes it off and rolling it under the running water.

 

Suddenly someone bumps into him and the ring just… fall into the sinkhole (?)

 

Baekhyun gasps, clutching the sink desperately. How could he tell Chanyeol this???

 

 

a/n:

732 words…

unbetaed and incomplete ;;

and yeah stupid but I should let this out so I can stop thinking about this :p