Best Friends

Behind The Mask/ The Lost Runaway

You opened the door slowly.

"Hey! I'm so sorry I'm late!" Sarah quickly opened the door the rest of the way peering around the room. You stood particularly still while watching her scan the room as if it was an 'I Spy' book.

"Uhhh... what are you looking for exactly?" You said pointing out her odd scanning behavior.

You knew what she was looking for. Unknowing to her it wasn't a normal person like she was expecting, Ji Yong was hiding in one of the multiple closets of clothes.

"Oh. I thought you were in a meeting with someone?" 

"Oh. No. The receptionist was mistaken."

"But she said she saw you with someone, and you said.....it was a meeting about props?" You didn't answer her. 

"What are you not telling me _____?" You stayed silent.

""We are best friends and we're also suppose to be partners right now and I don't appreciate this kind of treatment!" Her voice raised a little. You still remained silent. 

She stared at you blankly while you tried to avoid eye contact. You're worse at this than you thought. After a few minutes she broke the silence with a loud booming voice.

"OH?! IS THIS MAYBE A BOY YOU HOOKED UP WITH AND WERE JUST TELLING THE RECEPTIONIST IT WAS A BUSINESS MEETING TO NOT BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT IT?"

your eyes widened at the accusation.

"Excuse me?!?!?! First off I'm really not that easy. Secondly, if I were hooking up with a boy why would I bring him here to my studio to hook up with him."

"I don't know maybe it's a of yours? I remember you telling me about some things you were possibly interested in not too long ago..."

You faintly hear shuffling from the closet. 

"Oh god, he can hear all this. I wonder if he's feeling restless hiding in that closet. PLEASE JI YONG JUST A LITTLE WHILE LONGER."

You found yourself screaming in your head. Contemplating getting on your knees and praying, really. Apparently some of the worrisome thoughts showed in your face.

"I think that's what is going on and you just don't want to say. Your face says guilty all over it. I knew that Trevor what-ever-his-name-was was no good for you. He put some wild thoughts in your mind. Left you with some wild memories if I'm not mist-"

"HEYYYYYYY." you shouted loudly cutting her off. "No need to bring any of my past into this. Seriously Sarah, it wasn't a random hookup with a boy."

She stood in front of you with her arms crossed, looking for an explanation. You thought quickly. Suddenly you let out a big sigh.

"Okay, you caught me. There was a man here."

Sarah raised an eyebrow, her interest peaked.

"He was my therapist. I've been seeing a therapist. I've been under so much stress with everything lately, so I decided to see a therapist. He wanted to have a meeting in my workplace to give him a feel of what I surround myself with most of the time so we had the meeting here. It's embarrassing to admit, so I lied to the receptionist. There."

Sarah's head was cocked to the side slightly, a look of worry on her face. "Oh. Well, that makes sense. You should have just told me in the first place silly!"

"I just told you it's embarrassing."

"Yeah, I get that, but I am your best friend remember? Please don't forget that I'm here to talk to if you ever need it. I understand the stress, I feel it to an extent as well."

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind."

Sarah hugged you. "Well, let's get to work? "

You nodded.

"I'm going to get us some coffee. Iced, black right?" You nodded again with a smile. Sarah smiled back.


After explaining to Yang Hyun-Suk about the situation with Ji Yong, shortly followed by some screaming and scolding, he rushed out of the studio room leaving the remaining members to take everything all in.

"I don't know what to do." T.O.P said breaking the silence.

They all agreed with his statement.

"Well, reading his note, he will be back. We need to take solace in the fact that he will be back eventually. He hasn't lied to us before, he is our leader and we need to keep faith in him." Taeyang added some positivity to the out of control situation.

Memories of the last time Taeyang saw his friend cloud his mind.

"I'll be here. Until then take care of yourself okay?"  

The silence hung over the members like a disease. T.O.P pulled out a notepad and started jotting down some words.Lyrics? Following Ji Yong's suggestions maybe?

Seungri and Daesung  looked over T.O.P's shoulder like impatient children.

Taeyang took out his phone. "I'm going to try texting him."

Daesung and Seungri quickly migrated from T.O.P' shoulder to Youngbae's shoulder.

"Ji Yong. I understand why you did what you did. As you know, I have and always will be here for you. I'm your best friend remember?..."

Youngbae looked up from his phone and slightly maneuvered his head to acknowledge the presence of the noisy members stalking over his shoulder. His pause gave them the hint to leave him alone. They both migrated back to T.O.P. Youngbae looked back down to his phone.

"I promise not to tell anyone about texting you. Please, stay in contact with me because even though we are all worried about you, I am especially worried about my best friend and brother. Also you owe me SOMETHING FOR DEALING WITH THE PRESIDENT AND HIS CONCLUSION ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED. Are you reading this right? The President knows. Please text me back. I won't tell anyone anything, I just want to keep you updated as well as make sure you are safe. Do me this favor. As a brother." 

Dang, it's going to take 3 texts to send all that. I don't mean to send him a speech or anything, but I will feel better if he responds. He thought to himself. Youngbae sent the text.


Just as Sarah was about to head out the door to grab some coffee, slyly giving you the opportunity to get Ji Yong to a safe, hidden and comfortable spot you heard an unfamiliar phone notification go off loudly.

Sarah looked at you with her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. "Did you hear that?" 

It went off for a second time.

"HUH? HEAR WHAT? I DON'T HEAR ANYTHING." You said loudly to try to cover up the noise.

It went off a third time followed by loud bangs inside the closet.

Your face turned pale and Sarah rushed towards the closet. "_____ is there something in here? Oh my god what if it's an intruder? OH MY GOD." She opened the door quickly, to find a crouched Ji Yong with his bandana over his mouth and cap on to conceal his identity.

Sarah screamed loudly.

"OH MY GOD SARAH PLEASE DON'T SCREAM." you responded loudly.

"SHHHHHHHH" Ji Yong responded to you.

"WHAT IS A PERSON DOING IN YOUR CLOSET ________? WHO IS THIS. EXPLAIN NOW." She continued to talk loudly.

You rolled your eyes. "Sarah if you SHUT YOUR MOUTH......" you sighed deeply. ".....and swear to the gods themselves to not open your mouth... and be a true best friend.... I will explain."

She looked at you with wide eyes, and then back to Ji Yong who was slowly crawling out of the closet. He stood up slowly with his hands extended out to show he meant no harm. Sarah stared at his every move. He took his bandana off. 

Sarah looked at you instantly.

"_________.....Oh my god. __________ is that who I think it is?"

"Well...." you looked back at her while slightly hyperventilating and feeling like you were going to pass out at any moment. "...here's the thing."

 

 

 

 

Anddddd here's another chapter! Sorry it took so long again T_T I went on vacation and had no time to dedicate to this story. Needless to say I'm back and I'll be updating with new chapters more frequently. Let me know what you think? I hope you all have wonderful summer vacations and will any of you possibly be going to see BigBang for their tour this year??? I just got my ticket today! I'm so excited!!!

-Ashley