A thrill of anticipation

Just Another Boy

 Life asked death:

“Why do people love me, but hate you?”

 

 

 

Jinhwans p.o.v

My eyes hurt. I definitely cried too much. I felt Hanbins arm on the backrest of my chair. We sat in class. The lesson would end in ten seconds and my eyes were locked on the clock. Hanbin had comforted me till the end of the break and now we’re sitting in class. He sometimes would rub circles on my back or he would lean a little closer so our shoulders would touch. It was really comforting. And every time things like this happened, of course, I blushed. But I didn’t know why. We didn’t talk since the break but it felt like he understood me without a word. But the confusing thing was that I didn’t understand myself.

Why was I crying?

The tears had rushed down my face without me knowing. But I thanked Hanbin in my head, because he didn’t question me. As soon as the bell rang, every student stood up immediately, totally ignoring what the teacher said. I, on the other hand, just got up slowly. Hanbin did the same and we both packed our things in the same slow pace.

“What’s next?”

Hanbin looked at me and smiled, when he finished packing his things. Why did he act like nothing happen? I had cried in front of him without any logical reason and he was acting like nothing happened? I started to get angry. I didn’t understand Hanbin and that was mostly the reason why I got angry. I glanced at him. I saw the next sentence already coming.

“Biology, his favorite subject if you know what I mean.”

A blond-haired boy said, walking past us. He wiggled with his eyebrows and when he walked out of the classroom he laughed loudly. I just wanted to disappear. They had said those things everyday about me and I kinda got used to it. Isn’t it sad? When you get hurt so much that you can finally say that you’re used to it?

But it still hurt, again and again.

Maybe the reason why I had cried was because Hanbin had said the complete opposite of the things I hear every day? I took my backpack form the chair and glanced at Hanbin again. He looked angry and I saw how his hands turned into firsts.

“Why are they all saying things like that about you?”

He whispered more to himself than he talked to me, but I heard it nevertheless. And again it didn’t make sense to me. Why was he caring anyway?

“Why do we have biology twice a day, but not consecutively?”

He asked, a little pushing the other topic away out of nowhere. I just shook my shoulders. I wanted to get out of this classroom. But suddenly he took my hand and turned me around so I had to look at him.

“Jinhwan you didn’t answer my question back then. Is it ok to hang out this afternoon? A really good movie is showing in the city cinema.”

Once our eyes met, I looked at the ground quickly. A blush made his way into my face. Why was he asking this again? What’s wrong with him? I don’t get what he’s thinking. His voice sounded calm and not that angry like before. I wanted to say no but I nodded automatically. The nod was short, I started to blush immediately. I saw him smiling. I noticed that he still hold my hand. I jerked his hand away, turned around, and walked out of the room. He did the same and ran after me, because I walked really fast. I wanted to get into the biology room as quickly as I could.

“Hey, Jinhwan wait, why are you walking so fast?”

I heard Hanbin screaming behind me. Before I even noticed I smiled a little. But again I didn’t understand why? Hanbin really caused chaos in my mind. He was weird, in my opinion. Not like the others at all. He was too friendly, too caring. But it felt good.

Someone was caring.

Someone wanted to be with me.

 

 

 

 

Jiwons p.o.v

I was nervous. ing nervous. My mind was going crazy. In just a few minutes, ok one lesson, Kim Donghyuk and I are going to watch one of the best movies in my life. I mean Kim ing Donghyuk. Oh, I could die immediately. When I heard the bell, which signaled the five minute break to get our things and run to the room where our next lesson would take place, I jumped up as fast as I could. I grabbed my things and ran out of the room. Only one lesson and my life would turn into a fairytale. I walked through the corridor, to my locker. When I arrived I wanted to open it but someone distract me.

“Bobby?”

Confused of hearing a name I haven’t heard in years, I turned around.

A brown-haired, around the same age and around the same high as me, boy stood in front of me. Next to him stood a smaller, black-haired boy. I knew him; he was in my parallel class. Everybody knew him. And everybody bullied him, called him names. I didn’t understand why and he never talked to me or to my friends, so I never did it either. And I hate bullying so of course I didn’t do it. He looked at the ground, of course, I never saw him looking up.

Anyway the boy, who called my name, was very familiar. And his voice too.

“Hanbin?”

I asked a little unsure if it was really him.

“Bobby?”

He asked again.

“Hanbin!”

“Bobby!”

We said at the same time. And in the next moment we hugged each other. I was so happy to see him again. I nearly couldn’t believe my own eyes. Hanbin was a childhood friend.

We were really close. But his father had died and his mother had gotten a mental breakdown. She was pregnant back then and she had almost lost her child because she hadn’t eaten and tried to kill herself several times. The doctors could save her baby and she had realized what she did. After some month Hanbin and his family had moved into another country.

I never had heard of them again. So, yes, I was really happy to see him again. When we stopped hugging each other, we both stared laughing like crazy.

“Look at you!”

He laughed loudly, holding his belly.

“At least I don’t sound like a new born baby!”

 I screamed and we both couldn’t stop laughing. It felt like we never stopped seeing each other. And when we finally stopped laughing, the bell rang. We looked at each other and both had the same look on the face. I hated school and I think he did too.

“Ok, see you. Let’s go Jinhwan.”

Hanbin looked at the boy next to him and they both walked towards the biology room in the end of the corridor.

“They already had biology today. And now again? The poor.”

A boy next to me said. I nodded. He was in the same class at me. I called him friend, but I didn’t think he saw me like that.

“We have to go too.”

He closed his locker. I did the same.

“Yeah, yeah, you should chill, Channie.”

“Don’t call me that.”

He said annoyed. I had to smile. He hated me, obviously.

 

 

 

Hanbins p.o.v

My eyes were locked on the clock.

C’mon, tick faster, you stupid clock.

I looked at Jinhwan. He was writing things all over his exercise bock. He copied the things from the blackboard. I was too lazy to do it. So I looked around. The kids in the back were talking loudly, the kids around us were throwing papers around and the kids in the front did the same as Jinhwan. I sighed. This class was something. It was boring as hell and the time just didn’t want to move on faster.  I laid my arm down on the armrest of Jinhwans chair. I saw how he jerked a little. And the blush in his face came immediately afterwards. I didn’t understand why. Maybe physical contact wasn’t his thing. Yeah, he was really cute when he blushed without a reason, but he barely talked. It kinda made me sad. He had cute voice too. I was happy that he agreed to hang out with me in a few minutes. Maybe I can get to know him better. He was shy and quiet, so maybe he just needs someone who listens to him.

I looked back at the clock. Only five more minutes. My legs bobbed up and down. I was nervous.

Wait…Why?

Why was I nervous?

I looked at Jinhwan again. He looked at the blackboard, but I saw how he glanced at me. I had to smile. He was so cute. Too cute to be true.

“Can we go?”

A girl two tables next to me raised her hand and asked annoyed. And a few seconds later the bell rang. Every student jumped up and ignored what the teacher said.

I had to laugh; this school really was something.

I stood up after Jinhwan did it. He packed his things, I did the same. I was faster than him, so I waited till he finished. When he finished too, we left the room. And he didn’t talk again. I kinda wanted but I didn’t know what to say. Many students were already gone and only a few girls and boys walked through the corridor. I was so fixed on looking around; I totally forgot that the movie I wanted to watch with Jinhwan began in a few minutes. When I finally got a look at the clock, which was hanging above the entrance door, and at the same time exit door, of the school, I realized it.

“Oh , Jinhwan we have to run.”

I said a little embarrassed about myself. I saw how confused he was. But I just grabbed his hand, started running and pulled him along. All the people, which were still in the corridor, looked at us with confused faces.

I just had to laugh. I was really silly. But we two had to see this movie; otherwise we would miss to see the best movie in a while.

 

 

 

 

Death responded:

“Because you are the beautiful lie and I am the painful truth.”