Kyungsoo - In Regards To Silence

Kill some time

Character: Kyungsoo x reader

Wordcount: 569

Rating: G

Warnings: None

-

He is a drop of silence in an otherwise earsplitting world. When the fights downstairs become too loud for the walls to block, you text Kyungsoo and slip out of your room and into his.

Your legs carry themselves over the familiar path to his bed because you have done this countless of times before. He doesn't even bother putting away the spare comforter and pillow he keeps on his sofa anymore.

"Parents?"

Your lips curl into a weak smile as you look at your best friend. He is standing in a thin strip of moonlight which is the only source of ligh in his room. His bedroom is simplistic and the color palette consists of neutral colors with the occasional splash of navy blue.

Kyungsoo is beautiful. You've always known that.

But tonight, the moon is full and it veils him in a subdued silver glow. It leaves shadows dancing on his lips, caressing his jawline, pooling in the dips of his collarbones and you find it to be the perfect balance between hard and soft.

You breathe his name out in the darkness. He continues to prep the couch unphased and you're certain he misses it. But he pauses to look at your resting frame in his bed from across the room and you swallow the question prying at your lips.

You've never asked him something like this before.

He returns to what he was doing thinking he must've imagined it but you call his name again. It's not much louder than the first time, but it's enough for him to hear the vulnerability seeping through the cracks of the two syllables.

"Do you want to talk about it?" 

You hear the concern tinted in his low voice and you blurt out your request before you have the time to regret it.

"Would you sleep with me tonight?"

It's soft but rushed. The only sound that follows is the gulp when you swallow and for the first time, silence is the last thing you want.

You're almost sure he's going to turn on his heels and walk back to the couch but he splutters out a small 'okay' and gets next to you under the covers. He shifts awkwardly trying to find a comfortable position in which he doesn't invade your personal space, but his bed isn't made for two. You close your eyes which allows you to focus on the warmth radiating from him and it instantly makes you feel less tense. You're about to ask him to stop moving around when the heat draws closer and you feel his arm hesitantly drape over your waist.

This extracts an audible intake of breath from you which makes him freeze.

Before he has the chance to retract his arm you wiggle closer to his chest and curl into his body. You feel his chin rest on top of your head but you're more distracted by the muffled but excited thumping coming from the left side of his chest. After a few minutes it slows down and he relaxes his hand on your back and lets his index finger mindlessly trace drowsy arabesques on your shoulder blades and down your spine. A comforting warmth coils at the pit of your stomach and you let out a content sigh feeling more treasured than ever.

Kyungsoo is not a man of many words but arguably, he does not need them.

-

A/N:

Here's a short Kyungsoo fluff as an apology for the unexpected hiatus... I explained in the previous chapter the alterations I've made to this series and hopefully it'll lead to more frequent updates! I hope you have a great day and thank you for reading!