Baeksoo vamp

Discarted Chapters/Drabbles

Unfinished due to change of mind. If anyone wants to finish it, feel free...

Originally meant for Misconceptions sequel baeksoo ver.

 

 

Normally, Kyungsoo doesn’t make birthdays a big deal. Afterall, Baekhyun will remain twenty five for the rest of his life. The elder will never age so Kyungsoo doesn’t see the point of creating a party or even celebrating the day. He prefers to spend the day as if it’s an ordinary day.

 

Except, Baekhyun’s birthday is also considered the anniversary of their first meeting, and Kyungsoo loves that day. Meeting an eccentric Baekhyun was always categorized as a weird thing, and Kyungsoo wouldn’t change any of it.

 

Baekhyun was still a young vampire back then, only 185 years old compared to his older friends. He has unlimited energy and an insatiable appetite for blood. That’s how Kyungsoo found him in the middle of the night, the blood out of a frozen turkey in a nearly empty grocery store. That turkey was probably the tenth victim, seeing how there are other wrapless turkeys on the floor.

 

“Doesn’t that hurt your fangs?” was the younger’s first question instead of running away in fear.

 

Baekhyun looks up from his concentration while hugging the turkey closely to his body, as if it’ll run away. He blinks at the stranger before retracting his fangs back into his gums, and closing his mouth.

 

Kyungsoo watches in fascination as Baekhyun his lips, wiping any trace of blood.

 

“I’m not that picky. They all taste amazing, especially poultries,” the elder explains before dropping the turkey to the floor. It creates a loud Thud sound and the younger wonders why no one is noticing the racket.

 

“Oh,” Kyungsoo can only say. He remains silent, unsure of what to say next.

 

“What about you? What’s your favorite blood?” the elder smiles creepily at him.

 

“Um, I prefer cooked food -- “ Kyungsoo begins to say and Baekhyun gags in response.

 

“I can’t believe you’re one of those people -- and I thought you were cute.”

 

The younger blushes at the compliment and watches Baekhyun straightening his clothes. The vampire is ready to leave the place.

 

“Well, I have to be home before my pack leader beheads me -- “ Kyungsoo widens his eyes at the elder’s word. “Wanna hang out at my place?”

 

Kyungsoo is surprised at the request and part of him wants to say No, but he also want to see what a vampire lair looks like. So he nods his head and follows Baekhyun out of the grocery store.

 

He’s surprised to see the elder leading them to a car, and he wonders if all vampires use modern transportation these days instead of flying.

 

He takes note that Baekhyun isn’t one for safety, uncaring about seatbelt as the elder immediately turns on the car. The benefit of being immortal he supposes, but Kyungsoo still puts on his seatbelt as the elder starts to drive.

 

“Ugh, not only you’re a Vaman, but you also follow human rituals,” the elder says in distaste when he glances at Kyungsoo.

 

The younger would retort but he’s too preoccupied on watching how fast the car is going, possibly 140 km/hr.

 

“Can you go slower?!” The younger yells instead. “I don’t want to ing die.”

 

The elder merely laughs as if the younger was joking. Kyungsoo doesn’t understand why this vampire is being mean to him.

 

He’s glad though that they finally arrive at their destination soon after. He’s still gripping the car handle and Baekhyun has the gall to laugh at his face again.

 

“Come on, Vaman. You’re insufferably slow for a vampire.”

 

Suddenly, Kyungsoo understands why the elder is behaving like this. Baekhyun thinks he’s a vampire! The younger immediately tries to deny the false accusation except Baekhyun doesn’t let him speak yet.

 

The elder leads them to a huge mansion, possibly bigger than anything Kyungsoo has seen before. He opens the door without precaution, simply slamming it against the wall. The loud noise seems to attract some vampires as the younger notice two young men approaching them.

 

“Xiumin! Look who I found, a Vaman!” Baekhyun tells them with a wide smile.

 

Kyungsoo opens his mouth to deny the accusation, but one of the young men interrupts them.

 

“Vaman?” Xiumin says amusedly.

 

“Yep. I’m going to teach him the right way to live as a vampire.”

 

“I don’t think that’s the issue,” Xiumin tells him, trying to give an important hint to Baekhyun.

 

“Isn’t he human?” The young man besides Xiumin asks. “He looks alive to me.”

 

Baekhyun turns towards Kyungsoo and the younger feels exposed. He blushes under scrutiny and looks at the ground as the three men stare at him. He really hope they don’t kill him --- or behead him.

 

“Oh,” Baekhyun says in surprised, but immediately goes back to his fun natured expression. “That’s alright. I can still show you the amazing life of a vampire.”

 

Kyungsoo widens his eyes at the elder’s words and Baekhyun coos at the sight, pinching the chubby cheeks.

 

“You’re going to be my favorite human friend!” the elder declares.

 

At that time, Kyungsoo didn’t know what he was getting into, simply liking the idea of befriending a vampire. They didn’t even know each other’s name back then!

 

But as he spends more time with the elder, he slowly starts to fall for Baekhyun. From the elder’s spontaneity to hyperness, he loves every aspect of Baekhyun. It doesn’t help that the elder also uses the younger as his personal blood bank, drinking Kyungsoo’s blood whenever he’s hungry. One of the side effects of becoming a feeder, a nickname vampires give to the humans that they feed from, is the growing attachment that the feeder will have towards the vampire.

 

Despite knowing the risks of becoming a feeder, Kyungsoo is adamant to adapt his lifestyle to the elder’s schedule. He starts to learn the slangs that vampires use daily, such as Vaman, a term for vampires that live like a human.

 

It’s been two years since that first meeting, and Kyungsoo is already twenty four. He wants to remain younger than the elder, adamant to be turned while he’s still twenty four. Except the decision remains on Baekhyun’s side, Kyungsoo can’t force Baekhyun to turn him to a vampire. So sometimes the younger gets moody when he thinks of Jongin, a feeder recently turned into vampire, or Kris, a vampire that’s willing to convert his feeder once Chanyeol reaches Kris's age. Kyungsoo doesn’t even know how to tell Baekhyun because they’re not exactly a couple, just lovers who can’t keep their hands off each other.

 

Despite all that, Kyungsoo insists on making Baekhyun’s birthday special. He enlists the help from other feeders, Jongdae, Sehun, Jongin and Chanyeol. Their vampires stand near them, or paces around the living room, too energized to stand still.

 

“So, Baekhyun’s birthday is approaching and -- “

 

“Pass,” Sehun tells him and he’s preparing to leave. Luhan stops him as he clicks his tongue and gestures the younger to take a seat again. Sehun pouts, but unwillingly obeys.

 

“I just need it to be perfect, and to make sure we don’t have a repeat of Jongin’s birthday,” Kyungsoo tells them frustratedly.

 

“It’s not my fault that they got scared! No one told me we were inviting Jongin’s family!” Chanyeol defends himself despite the fact it was his fault for the disaster. Kris places a hand on his feeder’s back to calm him down.

 

“Just be glad that I was around.” Jongdae tells them smugly, always one to gloat over his doctor degree.

 

Anyway, I don’t want to have guillotine this time. I propose hangman.”

 

A few groans at Kyungsoo’s suggestion.

 

“But guillotine brings so much to the party. The blood, the headless body, the messy cleanups -- “ Jongin starts to explain with fervor.

 

“And who ends up cleaning it? Certainly not you,” Kyungsoo accuses as he glares at the young feeder.

 

“He makes a good point. While it is fun, you guys don’t want to help clean up,” Xiumin tells them in support of Kyungsoo’s decision.

 

“But hangman is so boring,” Sehun whines. Luhan nods his head in agreement.

 

“It’s not your decision, Sehun. Kyungsoo is allowed to decide on Baekhyun’s behalf,” Xiumin reminds them.

 

“But is it still his decision when we know that Baekhyun will hate it too?” Luhan asks.

 

“Nice try,” Xiumin glares at him.

 

They all know that Baekhyun prefers blood out of anything, which is the purpose of hangman, while guillotine is all about spilling blood. For some reason, vampires like to play with their food too.

 

"Since Baekhyun is friends with everyone, should we post the invitation in the newspaper?" Chanyeol asks. "Easier than mailing out hundreds of invites."

 

Kyungsoo internally groans at that thought. Baekhyun is the type to post from everything to anything. The proof is in Baekhyun's recent Instagram post, a disgusting picture of his latest poop. The horror is how many likes Baekhyun gets for that kind of post. The younger is sure that Baekhyun would want to advertise his party publicly.

 

To make things worse, vampires doesn't believe in emails. They use mail for any type of communication. Their expensive Android phones are for the occasional games and useful apps, but they never use it for its original intention. It's annoying, but the feeders learned to adapt to this issue and simply call them instead of waiting to be called. At least the vampires feel obligated to answer it.

 

So Kyungsoo is groaning at the fact that he has to mail out about hundreds of invites.

 

"I'll post the invitation in Instagram," Kyungsoo tells them of his solution. “But -- we’ll still need to mail out invites.”

 

Or we can just not send the invitations and cross our fingers that Baekhyun won’t check,” Sehun tells them in a hopeful tone.

 

The vampires glare at Sehun with distaste.

 

“That’d have been a great idea if you said it while they were not here,” Jongin hisses at Sehun while gesturing at the vampires.  Xiumin looks disappointed at Jongin, a scowl is permanently etched on his lips.

 

Before Kyungsoo can pacify the situation, he senses Baekhyun's presence behind him. His vampire pulls him close, grabbing the younger’s hips and burrowing his face into Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

 

"Kyungie, I don't know where my magic wand went." The elder whines near Kyungsoo's ear. Kyungsoo blushes at the warm breath tickling his ear.

 

The ‘magic wand’ is the term vampires use for their phones. They deem these devices as a magical invention and refuses to use the correct term.

 

"Just search around for something hard inside his pants," Jongdae teases Kyungsoo while winking.

 

Kyungsoo nervously searches his pocket for Baekhyun’s phone and quickly shoves it into the elder’s hands. His cheeks remain red as he does so.

 

“Thank you~” the elder chirps, pecking Kyungsoo’s cheek before strolling off to another room.

 

If Kyungsoo takes the time to look behind him, he’d see Baekhyun rising the phone up in the air while checking out his reflection. Sometimes the elder is very vain.