“When you are too in love to let it show…” Coldplay – Fix You.

¿Love?

 

He checked his watch for the fourth time in 5 minutes... call him exaggerated, but Chansung was taking too long. ¿Why he doesn’t come out? Certainly, Junho doesn’t want to leave him alone. Khun doesn’t even know that boy, but he already dislike him.  His eyes look back at the watch in his left wrist and the second pass so slowly for him. But suddenly he hear voices coming closer, and then getting distant. He sight relieved, hearing Chansung’s laugh in the distance. ¿That boy already make the maknae laugh that much? Khun doesn’t know if that is a good or a bad thing.

The Thai boy stops thinking about silly things when Junsu and Taecyeon give him the sign as they walk away, telling that him was all alone now. Nichkhun feels nervous, more nervous than never. But he feels anxious too. He breathes deeply as he spots out from hiding, and breathe deeply again when his hand took the door knob… He close his eyes, this was his chance. His so waiting chance. He better don’t mess up.

Nichkhun open the door slowly, a little afraid and really nervous. He close the door behind his back when he was in, and just stood there, looking at him while he read a book. Khun swallow, feeling even more anxious. He starts walking, approaching him with clumsy steps before finally sitting beside him. He turned his body a little, just for watching him in a more comfortable position.  And then, when he was about to say something his mouth become dry. ¡He feel so nervous! ¡It’s killing him!

-H-hi…- Khun manage to say, praying for not to look like an idiot.

The boy turns his gaze on him, smile softly, and get back his eyes at the book. Nichkhun could feel his heart beating fast after seeing that smile so close. He has always thought his smile was so sweet, but seeing it right in front of his eyes was beyond words. ¿Why he feels so happy all of a sudden? ¿And why he can’t stop smiling like a high school girl? ¡But wait! Stupid questions aside, let’s go back to the important: ¿what should he say now?   

-I-I’m Nichkhun…- he says in a soft tone, wishing seeing that smile again.

The smaller boy turn his gaze ones again at him, pursing his lips in a new face that Khun never saw… and that makes him to feel that irrational desire of kissing him. He looks at his cute chubby cheeks, and he really want to pinch them. He sees those pink lips parting slightly, thinking that they surly are so sweet and soft… “¡Snap! ¡He is about to say something!” His inner self scream angrily, and only then Nichkhun look at him impatiently.

But suddenly the door flash open, and a very inopportune Junho enter the room approaching quickly to them, I mean, to him.

-¡Wooyoung! ¡You must help me with that math book! ¡I can’t finding it!-  the boy beg, pulling him out of the room without even notice Khun.

-Wooyoung...- he whispers, feeling his heart beating happy. –Wooyoung…- he repeated, smiling.

 So he calls “Wooyoung”, ¿eh? Nichkhun never thought that knowing only his name could make him feel so… so… sogood.  And yeah, maybe Lee Junho ruined his chance to hear Wooyoung’s voice and talk to him, but at least Khun knows his name now… and that’s something wonderful.  He is not a greedy man, he can take things slow. This is just starting. He won’t give up his last chance, he won’t mess his last chance… and he definitely won’t lost his last chance because of Lee Junho. ¡Oh, no! Nichkhun will fight, and THAT’S a fact.

He feels so encouraged now. He doesn’t even can’t stop smiling, like an idiot who is in love…

“¿Who is in love?” Khun asked himself, rolling his eyes at the ridiculous idea.    

His eyes fell on Wooyoung’s table, precisely under it, looking the silver cellphone hide between two books. He was tempted to take it, but he knew he shouldn’t… but… it’s Wooyoung’s cellphone, and nobody is looking him… he could just take it, call himself, and then… and then he could have Wooyoung’s number. Is not a crime, ¿isn’t it? Well… it won’t be a crime if nobody beside him knows and his all alone in the classroom so… yeah…

Nichkhun breathe deeply, and quickly took the phone; he knows this is morally wrong… but, oh well, he could scold himself later. He dialed his number on Wooyoung’s cellphone and waited until he feels his own phone buzzing in his pants. He hung up then and erased the number, without leaving any print of his awful “crime” Khun put the phone back where it was, and quickly stoop up and leave the room. He walks down the aisle searching for his friends, founding them near the expending machine.

-¡Khun! ¡I’m so sorry!- Chansung says to him. –I was talking with Junho and suddenly he remember something and I couldn’t stop him.- he explain, a little guilty.

-It’s okay, Chansung. I couldn’t talk with him but I kwon his name.- the Thai say, smiling.

-¿He told you? ¿Rally?- Junsu ask exited.

-No, but Junho did.- he clarified, a bit bother.

-¿So? ¿What’s his name?-  Taec ask curios.

And Nichkhun smile wider. –Wooyoung…- he answers in a sweet tone.

The tree boys just look at him, seeing that smile that they never saw in their lives. Nichkhun is a nice and charming person, so seeing him smile is not that surprising… but that smile was something new. It was more sweet and shining than the others. And if you look in Nichkhun’s eyes, you could see a new sparkle too. And the bother tone he use when he say Junho’s name, is quite interesting too. That were new faces of the charming and nice Thai Prince that nobody saw never. And of course, they knew exactly because of what… they wonder if Nichkhun will see it too.

 -Hyung… ¿are you in love?- the maknae asked him, softly but seriously.

The brown hair boy looks at him, feeling his face heat up, and his heart beating fast.

-¡¿W-what are you asking?!- he exclaimed, nervous and ashamed. -¡Of course I’m not! ¡I like girls! ¡I just want be friends with him!- he explained, not credible at all.

The bell ring again, finish the break and Nichkhun took that chance to turned and leave back to the classroom without wanting to hear another word from his friends. The others boys sight, Khun couldn’t fool anybody with that lame excuse. In 4 years the Thai as always talk about Wooyoung and how much he wants to know him. They had heard Khun says innumerable times how should he approach that boy. And the tree of them has saw the way Nichkhun look at Wooyoung, the way his eyes always search for him all the time, all this years…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The moon shines bright in all its glory that night, with the stars in the back, all over the dark and clean sky. Nichkhun sigh, amazed by such beautiful scene, and his brown eyes followed the moonlight that filtered through the window of his room, illuminating the clock on the wall. He can read in it 11:30pm… it was around an hour ago he had gone to bed, and still he can’t sleep. ¿You wonder why? Well, the Thai boy has a very bother idea in his brain since the morning. An idea he has to fight against. Because he can’t… he can’t… he has to wait… until…

He can’t call Wooyoung tonight. He has to wait until have him in front of him, looking straight in his eyes, and then he could hear his voice.

But tonight is not the night. And Khun knew it… but that idea inside his head is killing him. Is so insupportable, so hideous; that Nichkhun just want to surrender, grab his phone and call Wooyoung just for hear him say ‘hello’ then hag up, and finally got to sleep. ¡But he had to be strong! ¡And fight, fight, fight! He can’t give up, he want to see in Wooyoung’s eyes the first time he hear his voice. He wants to see those blacks’ eyes and hear that surely soft and sweet voice of him… Khun wonder what’ll happen the first time they talk.

“Hyung… ¿are you in love?” Chansung’s voice echoed in the quite night, an evil game of his mind.

“Hyung… ¿are you in love?... are you in love… in love… love…” the words repeat in his head again and again.  And Nichkhun hate it, because he is not in love. He doesn’t like Wooyoung in that way… He just wants to be friends.

“In love… in love… love… love… love… ¿are you in love?” He minds it’s so evil. He hates himself right now. He hates himself so much… and he will hates himself even more for what he is about to do.

He stretched his arm, looking for the table beside his bed in the darkness, until he finally grabbed his cellphone. The screen light blinded him for a while when he open it, and when his tired eyes adjusted to the vision he search for that number in the contact list. His fingers began to type a message when he found it: “Hi, Wooyoung… I know is late and I’m sorry for bother you, but I couldn’t sleep because I’m thinking so much about you…” He wrote, exaggeratedly honest.

The brown hair boy felt a little, just a little relief. He settled his head in the soft pillow, feeling tiredness take over his body, making him feel sleepier. But his phone buzz still in his hand, he has a new message. The Thai boy read it, as a sleepy smile appears in his lips: “Umm… ¿who are you? ¿and why would you think about me if that don’t let you sleep? He heart beat fast after those words, and the only thing he can think is that Wooyoung is so cute.

Slowly Nichkhun stars to type his reply, feeling sleepier with each move his fingers make. He plays the ‘send’ button as his eyes close softly, throwing in the process the phone on the floor.

“I think about you because that’s the only thing a made for the last 4 years, and I can’t sleep because I’m afraid of not seeing you in my dreams… but, fortunately, I always do. ¿And you ask who am I? Guess, Wooyoung. Let’s play…”