1/1 [Final]

Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coffee

 

 

Yoongi follows a routine. Every morning he goes to work, dressed in a suit he prepared the night before and hung neatly in his closet. Yoongi would walk to work though, because cars are the root of all evil, public transport is not clean enough, and bicycles would wrinkle his nicely ironed suit. So every morning he walks from his nice condo apartment he lives to his law firm. His work place is a 20 minute walk but Yoongi likes to make it 15 because he ends up speed walking past all the coffee shops because Yoongi strongly dislikes the smell of coffee early in the morning -- or any time of the day, really.

 

But this morning, Yoongi finds himself late for work. Instead of speed walking, he ends up walking slower than usual and a new scent of coffee hits him. He hates coffee, but this is different. He doesn't hate it at all. In fact, he quite likes it and he find that hard to believe. He pauses and retracts back to the colourful cafe he recalls passing by in the past. However, the smell was never attractive, rather it was repelling. So Yoongi stands there, staring at the cafe in utter confusion. "What is that?"

 

Yoongi does not realize that he is approximately 2 minutes late to work as he walks in the café and sees no one inside. No customers nor staff present which made Yoongi both pleased and confused.

 

He walked up to the counter which was decorated with cupcakes and cookies in baskets. Yoongi squirmed at the thought of the disgustingly sweet baked goods and instead searched the menu for something less distasteful, mainly whatever it was he smelled.

 

However, when he looks at his seemingly expensive watch, his face turns sour. 8:46 am. He is precisely 11 minutes behind schedule.

 

Yoongi decides that this was a waste of time and energy, and vows never to go back to the café ever again. Just when the irritated male is about to advance towards the exit, he is greeted by the most delightful voice.

 

 “Good morning!”

 

And Yoongi’s temper drops instantly as he locks his gaze on the person in front of him. The boy is dressed in a bright yellow and green outfit with a soft blue apron on top. He is carrying a tray with his hands shielded with mittens to protect himself from the heat of the metal tray on which lay a fresh batch of assorted cookies.

 

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” He says as he places the tray on the counter. “What would you like to order, Sir?”

 

Yoongi doesn’t respond. He just stares intensely at the boy who is the epitome of sunshine and rainbows and all that is sweet and wonderful.

 

“Is there anything wrong?” the male asks, a little taken aback by the stranger and his bold action.

 

“No.” Yoongi bluntly states and glances at his wrist watch shortly. “I have to go, then.” And he looks at the boy one more time with his stone face before briskly heading out the café. 8:53 am.  “What have I done?”

 

Yoongi has never been late to work. But today, he arrives at 9:02 am. Exactly 2 minutes late. This goes against

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter