final.

sure

"jesus, i want a boyfriend guys," a junior student plaintively says to her group of friends. "like, i can't believe i'm the second oldest and all of you have already, you know?" she groans, crosses her arms over her chest, and puts up her feet on the table provided by the tiki hut. she closes her eyes and lolls her head back.

her friend, a sophomore, cheekily nudges the side of the girl beside her, a freshman. the freshman rolls her eyes in response but glances up anyway. the moment she lays eyes upon the subject (a guy), she slowly grins and prods the other freshman beside her. she whispers excitedly, "jinri, look!"

a guy circumspectly walks towards the tiki hut where the said group of friends are in. he apparently brought a lot of with him. that's what amber says when she picks her head up and looks at the subject of her friends' silent noise. "this guy brought a lot of with him. krystal, you already have your own . what's this guy doing here? is this yours, jinri?"

"amber, i think it's yours." victoria, a senior student, mutters. she locks eyes with the other girls and snickers quietly. 

the junior flushes and tries to laugh it off. "what, no, don't be stup-," 

"a-amber!" the same named girl looks at her friends for help. she quickly puts up a smile for the guy. "i- i really like you! give me a chance!" 

at that point, the guy waves a hand at his friends, cueing them. "i heard you like to dance, so i learned how to!" and then he starts popping dance moves with his friends. this, of course, reels in the attention of the other students. they start to crowd around the tiki hut and to cheer for the guy. amber once again looks at her friends, this time in horror. they shrug nonchalantly and focus their attention on the guys, grinning like idiots. she trains her eyes back on the guy courting her. she laughs and bops her head to the beat. 

"give me a chance!" the dancing finally stops and the guy kneels infront of amber, holding out a box of chocolates.

amber takes in the crowd. if she rejects him, that would be a move. she will feel sorry for him her whole life (maybe not, but you know). if she says yes, that would be a move, too. she doesn't know the guy. literally. have i seen him in biology?, amber thinks. 

"hey," amber starts to say. "bro."

a collection of "ooh" from the crowd.

the guy's hopeful visage was starting to disappear. amber doesn't miss this. "i mean, we can, like, hang out? but, you know, not in...that way?"

"i...understand, amber." the guy stands up slowly. "i mean, i just think you're really beautiful and awesome and i really like you. i understand, though. please take the chocolates! it would make me happy!" he hands out the box of chocolates once more, his face bright. 

amber smiles in a way that both says "thank you" and " i ruined his life sort of". she takes the chocolates and wraps her arms around the guy, ruffling his hair. "we can hang out, man."

someone whispers the guy's name to amber. it's julian. julian's eyes widen in shock but he's never going to let this hug pass so he wraps his arms around her too. amber chuckles and pats his back. she pulls away and messes up his hair again. "thanks for the chocolates, julian!"

julian smiles brightly and gives her a thumbs up. 

 

amber and her friends watch the guys walk away. "he's cute."

krystal thinks it's a good time to imitate amber. "jesus, i want a boyfriend guys."

"shut up." amber pushes krystal. "at least we have chocolates."

 

it has been a week after amber received julian's confession. it wouldn't take long before another one comes at the tiki hut.

amber is working on her english essay which is due after lunch and which was given out two weeks ago. "guys, i'm nailing this. i hope mr. lee doesn't mind my ty writing. who am i kidding, he disses me about my writing. which is like, really anoying but he gives me an a so i don't rea-"

she's cut short by jinri's high-pitched gasp. 

"bro don't do it," krystal mutters, shaking her head. her eyes are trained on a guy walking towards their tiki hut. 

"cue kim jonghyun's deja vu," sunyoung says.

"it's that guy! he's in my class. i knew he liked amber. he kept on asking me what her likes are and stuff! they're the total opposites, though. north and south pole," jinri babbles. "literally the only common thing they have is the language. he speaks english, too.he's from canada, i think."

"who? what?" the junior looks at each of her friends' faces confusedly. "clearly, i'm lost. scream if you need me. i've got to finish this ."

the guy is five, four, three meters away from the tiki hut when jinri squeals. amber looks up from her paper.

"ohmygod," krystal breathes. 

"freshman?" victoria asks jinri. the younger nods in reply. "what did he eat? ohmygod is he-"

"-justin bieber-ing?" luna finishes for victoria. "holy ." she bursts into a fit of laughter.

"what the ," amber whispers. 

the freshman just finished putting on a snapback and sunglasses over his eyes. "shawty."

"dude, i'm gonna fight this guy." amber rolls up her sleeves and stands up. she's not having a justin bieber confession, man. wait, is it even for her? wow such pompous. anyway, she's gonna fight this guy if he justin biebers.

"this is for m-my shawty," the freshman stutters awkwardly in english. he clears his throat and puffs his chest out. "ready?"

amber thinks, are you ready? amber's friends give the guy a thumbs up in encouragement.

"hey! i think you're really cool. i like you a lot. maybe we can hang out, or something?" so the guy didn't justin bieber. "h-hold on a sec." he hastily takes off his backpack, opens it, pulls two things out, and turns his back away from the group. after a few seconds, "okay! left or right?" he says over his shoulders.

"what?"

"left or right?" he repeats.

"uh." amber's brow furrows in confusion as she glances at her friends. "right?" she finally replies, not quite surely.

the freshman jumps in place, then turns around to look at the older girl. what the . he has his left hand behind him and his right hand, holding a llama plushie, extended infront of him. "yeah! because you're right for me!" 

amber can't help but snort. she shakes her head and leans on a pole supporting the tiki hut. "oh yeah?"

jinri walks up to amber and whispers, "that's the freshman guy who speaks english. he's from canada. he had his eyes on you since forever, i don't know. he keeps bugging me about you. his name is henry."

"y-yeah!" 

"freshman?" 

"huh?" for a second henry looks so confused amber thinks, 'he looks like a buttface'. "o-oh. yeah! age doesn't matter, man!" and then after 2 seconds, "right?"

"sure."

"wait, what?" henry's visage contorts into something funny because amber and her friends burst into a fit of laughter. "really? what? sure, yes? sure, i will hang out with you? what?" he realizes he's still holding out the llama plushie, then. "t-take this! it's a llama. it's you! i mean-"

amber raises an eyebrow but takes the plushie from the freshman, grinning. "it's me? i look like a llama? nice." she inspects the plushie and decides, "the , i really look like a llama." 

"so, what's on your left, henry?" the older girl asks. she points behind him and continues, "are you going to give it to me, too?" 

"um, yea," he starts to say. suddenly, his eyes brighten and he looks bold. presumptuously, he says, "if you're gonna tell me what sure means!" alright, so henry doesn't know how to take those words back. a few seconds ago he was awkward as . henry, get a grip. amber is a senior. boldly saying that to her face, man you're going down, he thinks.

"sure, yeah," amber replies, not seeming to mind henry's internal debate (because clearly, henry was horrified with what he said and it's all over his face).

"ok, yeah. i know i'm just a freshman and you're a senior. i understand. maybe i'll try again next time. i bought hot cheetos for you, a-amber." he limply offers the bag of cheetos. jesus, henry. goodbye at you. a gasp. amber?

"um, henry, she said sure...," jinri says awkwardly.

"i said sure...," amber repeats. she takes the bag of cheetos and looks at it intensely. she loves cheetos. hot cheetos.

"it's palpable he lost his mind."

"obviously."

"look at him." victoria nudges amber. "do something, he looks sad. i don't get it."

amber peels her eyes away from the bag of cheetos. "yo, somebody, hold my cheetos and llama." sunyoung takes the things from amber.

"dude." amber pokes henry's shoulder. "dude, you ok?"

"yeah."

"um, well," the older girl says. "i kind of said, 'sure' to your confession?" she raises her eyebrows and scratches her head. amber doesn't know what the hell's going on in the guy's mind. did "sure" mean no in canada? why did she say sure, though? all she knows about this guy is he can be kinda awkward but cute. and he bought her hot cheetos, dear lord. the guy seems fun. and she wants a boyfriend. and he speaks english! nice. julian can hit this guy for me when he s up. not like i can't hit him. i can. i'm a black belter, amber thinks. just kidding, hitting is bad, kids. burn the one who s up instead.

henry picks up his head and looks at the girl in front of him. she's two years older but they're basically the same height. he takes in her messily coiffed hair and basically her whole face. she's so beautiful what to heck, he thinks. 

"what does sure mean?"

amber heaves out a sigh and walks back to the tiki hut. "he's stupid."

"he's hopeless."

"bye at your new boyfriend, amber."

"ohmygod, amber has a legit boyfriend."

"apparently stupid. also, i have to finish my essay." amber sits down, picks up her pen, and starts to work on her essay again. she opens the bag of cheetos, too. "oh, hey guys. do you think i can ask henry to do my essay for me? i'm burned. let me just eat cheetos. that's what boyfriends are for, right?"

henry comes into his senses one more time and realizes amber left him. she said sure. does that mean we're dating now? we're like, together? amber and i? for reals? he briskly walks up to her.

 

"what does sure mean?!"

 

 

 

 

"nah, i'll finish this. he's stupid."


check this out!!!!!!!! it's the tune of henry's thing