A Depart That Isn't A Goodbye

A Depart That Isn't A Goodbye

Basking under the comfort of the duvet, their bodies pressed against each other and legs tangled up lazily, they deemed to enjoy the warmth it offered. Luhan propped up his chin on Minseok’s head as he contentedly hummed a soft tune while he ran his fingers through Minseok’s soft hair. Minseok who was settled right on Luhan’s chest, made a purring noise as he let himself enjoy the soothing sensation brought about by Luhan’s fingers. Hearing his heartbeat brought a calming feeling over him. He loved it. Everything about Luhan, everything about them and he was burning it on his mind as much as he could, enjoying it as much as time could give because the day after tonight, he could no longer experience this. This was it, for the very last time.



*♡*

 

Luhan was bound to leave. He made it clear few days ago. Their friends had accepted it but Minseok, he took it so hard. It was a week with no Minseok. No messages. No calls. It pained Luhan to let this happen but he knew this was coming.

 

He gave Minseok a time and a space until he was ready to show up and face him but the seven days had passed. It was two days after the given week that got him terribly worried. He knew Minseok was still heartbroken. Even his heart was painfully aching. It hurts so badly. He found it hard to breathe but he could not let Minseok drown in this misery. If he was the one who suffered too much between the two of them, might as well share the excruciating pain with him.

 

He nervously stood in front of Minseok’s door. There was a feeling of fear and frustration but he tried to brush it all away as he raised his hand and knocked. He knocked two times but there was no answer. He knocked again but no one opened the door. “Minseok!” He called out but again, there was only silence. He reached for his phone and dialled Minseok’s number. It continued to ring but seconds later, it only went to the voice mail just like the past days.

 

“Minseok. Please… open the door.”

 

Silence…

 

“I know you’re in there. Just please… talk to me,” Luhan begged in a hoarse voice, slightly sobbing.

 

Luhan could no longer keep the heavy weight buried in his heart. His voice cracked as he tried to ease the lump in his throat that burn as hell. He tried to blink away the tears but instead, it heavily flowed on both side of his cheeks.

 

“Please…” He closed his eyes as he called out again this time but it merely came just like a whisper.

 

There was an audible click and right there in an instant, stood Minseok in front of him. His face had visible stained streaks of tears. Eye bags heavily hung on both sides. It was evident he had been deprived of sleep. Seeing Minseok like this made him burst out into more tears. His heart tightly squeezed, miserably constricted. Right there, Luhan couldn’t take it as he pull Minseok right into his embrace and held him so tight while muttering a thousand apologies.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.” Luhan cried so hard. He thought he had never cried this too much in his life but he didn’t care anymore. This is Minseok. His Minseok. His Minseok that he had no other choice but to leave on his own too soon, all alone.

 

Both were a crying mess. Minseok was even surprised he still had tears to shed. He had spent his days and nights crying. The thought of Luhan leaving him felt like a thousand stabs in his chest. He cooped up in his room alone, bleeding but he knew too well when the day Luhan left, he would be dying. His heart and body would turn numb. No more pain to endure but the feeling of sadness and loneliness would still be there. Faint but throbbing.

 

Minseok sobbed one last time.


 

*♡*

 

So they spent the night together for the very last time. Pouring all their hearts out in every rhythm their bodies made; engulfing the warmth in each other’s arms; kissing all those pain and worries away.

 

Spooning and cuddling on the bed with Minseok against his chest, Luhan knew this was what he couldn’t bargain for. He wished this moment would last for a lifetime. Sleeping and waking up with Minseok by his side. Doing things they had not done yet, sharing things they hadn’t discovered yet.

 

“Do you really have to go?” Minseok bit his lower lip as he looked into Luhan’s eyes. His hand reached up and gently caressed Luhan’s cheek.

 

Luhan couldn’t speak. The soft touch of Minseok’s fingers as they his cheek unnerved him. The gentle cupping of Minseok’s hand beneath his chin, making his meet Minseok’s eyes, further stopped his reply.

 

“Luhan?” Minseok called again.

 

But once reality hit along the way, there was no turning back.

 

Luhan drew in his breath slowly. He knew what he wanted to say, but was afraid at the same time. “You know that I had to,” Luhan said as he kiss Minseok’s forehead.

 

Minseok pulled away a little. Luhan all too well understood Minseok and he might not even be surprise if Minseok would just suddenly yell at him or hit him just to vent out all his anger and pain but it never came anyway.

 

Heaving a sigh, Luhan scooted more closely to Minseok. He lifted Minseok’s head to slip his left arm for the older to rest his head then he traced Minseok’s shoulder with his free hand, gradually caressing the milky skin until he came to the Minseok’s wrist. He stopped right there.

 

“Minseok, I love you. If only there was a way to control and stop the situation, you of all people know that I would. Please understand. It’s hard for me too.” The hand over Minseok’s wrist found its way to fill in the spaces of his hand. Their fingers intertwined and soon enough, their thumbs were rubbing each other to show the comfort they had wanted from each other.

 

“Don’t forget me. Please keep on loving me. I love you too, Luhan and if I’d still be given the chance to love again, I tell you, there’s no one I will choose but only you. It will always be you. Keep in your mind and heart the love I have for you.”

 

“Never will I forget. Never will fall out of love. I will always remember, Minseok. I assure that. God, I love you so much.” Luhan said truthfully.

 

They lay there on the bed. Basking under the comfort of the duvet, their bodies pressed against each other and legs tangled up lazily…