Namjoon

Mission.

He had a plan...of sorts. That’s the only way to put it since this plan wasn’t completely thought out. He knew what he wanted and what he was going to do but didn’t consider anything else. Not the consequences. Not even if anything good could come of this. He just wanted what he wanted and he wasn’t going to take no for an answer.

 

The leader was first. It was a bold move but he couldn’t help himself. Part of him had the initial idea to take Namjoon down when he was sleeping, but considering the power on both ends, it wouldn’t end well. Yoongi could definitely take him out if he exerted the right amount of force, but he was dealing with powers that he hadn’t yet gotten used to. Which is why this was all stupid in the first place. On the other hand, he figured he’d hidden it from s long enough and, so, why not start with the leader? If anything, Namjoon would be able to keep a secret for him, at least until he told him it was okay to say something. He felt that he could trust that much. All of them were immature in their own way, but Namjoon was one that could definitely step up when he needed to.

 

Yoongi was looking forward to this: turning their leader.

 

Namjoon had been getting little to no sleep lately, a boy that had forgotten the meaning of play for the past few months. It had been nothing but work and Yoongi could see it in his eyes every time he looked at him. The younger would be there to eat breakfast with the rest of them and then gone before anyone could finish their meal. When he’d return to the dorm, usually late at night, some time after midnight, it seemed that he could barely function. Most of the time, he wouldn’t eat and would head straight to bed, if he didn’t take a shower first.

 

Yoongi found his opportunity and took it. It was one of the nights that Namjoon had wandered into the wrong room again, too sleepy to realize what he was doing. Before the older rapper could process who had entered, Namjoon was already in his bed, pressing him against the wall as he got himself comfortable. This was when Yoongi realized that the other hadn’t showered. The younger didn’t stink but his smell was strong. He smelled like leather, electricity, notebooks and ink, the latter scents spilling from his hands as he adjusted the pillow he’d just stolen. There was an underlying musk to the aroma of the studio, an indescribable scent that was clearly just Namjoon. Everyone else may not have been able to smell it but this was Yoongi. His senses weren’t normal.

 

He didn’t even bother trying to fight himself. His hovering over the leader woke the latter up and it brought a smile to the smaller male’s lips.

 

“H-Hyung... What are you doing in my bed,” Namjoon’s throat sounded dry, like he was scraping the bottom of the barrel to get what was left of his vocals after having spit lines into a microphone for more than half the day.

 

“This is my bed,” his finger tracing the younger’s bottom lip had caused said male’s eyes to widen and for Yoongi’s smirk to do the same.

 

The words took too long to register, not that it mattered. Namjoon couldn’t focus on anything but the touching anyway. Not until he noticed a glimmer, something shifting to protrude just enough from behind Yoongi’s top lip. He swallowed thickly and made a face.

 

The reddish-haired hyung clicked his tongue, feeling and hearing the way the leader’s pulse quickened, his body and senses becoming more alert. Yoongi just wanted him to relax. It would make everything so much easier.

 

“Can you keep a secret for me,” the elder whispered, his lips looked painted as pink as they were against his pale skin, the moonlight catching just right through a far-off window that made him shimmer in a way.

 

Namjoon was definitely more awake at this point, mind trying to put the pieces together of whether he was dreaming or not. This wouldn’t have been the first time his lack of sleep had brought him hallucinations and delusions.

 

He finally nodded, realizing that he’d been asked a question, “You know I can.”

 

Yoongi smiled, revealing his fangs before he actually intended to. Namjoon let out a gasp and his eyes widened for a moment but he quickly gathered himself. This had to be a dream. All he could think about was if he was going to be killed or not. He wasn’t prepared to die. He still had so much that he was planning to do with his life, and he was on a good roll already.

 

“Your heart’s beating too fast. Calm down,” the older of the two made a face. It was getting hard to hear his own thoughts over the beating of Namjoon’s nervous heart.

 

“I’m not going to kill you.”

 

The words seemed to calm the leader. The next few caused his heart to race again.

 

“I’m going to change you.”

 

“Hyung, no,” Namjoon didn’t even wait to respond. It was immediate.

 

“I don’t want to be alone anymore. I don’t like it.”

 

“Alone...” The blond repeated the word and then furrowed his brows, “You have all of--”

 

“But I can’t talk to you guys about this...”

 

“That’s not a reason to turn me...”

 

This conversation was just another thing that Yoongi had planned. He should’ve just bit him and changed him when he woke up from the bite. This was irritating him in a way. He wouldn’t be able to just drink from Namjoon. He wanted a partner-in-crime. Although, he had a mental list of how he was going to do this with the other members, Namjoon was here. What he did happened now, or never.

 

“You won’t be so tired when you come home. You’ll be able to work all you want and you won’t be so fatigued.”

 

There was a hidden sparkle in the younger’s eyes. His mind kept reminding him that this had to be a dream and that he was just talking to another hallucination in his sleep. This one was lasting longer than most. He felt like it was just another dream where he was being offered a quick method to becoming a superhero.

 

“You won’t have to eat as much. You’ll be stronger and faster...”

 

Yoongi was turning this conversation into an infomercial for immortality. Namjoon was being drawn in. Whether it was from the drowsiness dragging him back down or because the idea amused him, it was amusing him. He was gradually stepping into buyer status.

 

“You’ll be able to rap forever. You can change the world with your music, Namjoon. Become a legend.”

 

Yoongi wasn’t sure what he was spewing. All he knew was that that vein along the side of the leader’s throat was humming a thirst-inducing ballad to him. He was itching to sink his fangs in, and he barely waited after being given permission that he could do it.

 

Namjoon’s eyes were blank for a moment, his dry lips parting with his voice way too hoarse now to produce any actual sound. He blinked when the sting was gone and then again when the older pulled away, his eyes watering from having stayed open for so long. A few more blinks moistened his eyes but it also made him miss what the other was doing. Yoongi had bitten himself, drawn out enough of his own crimson to seep down his wrist.

 

Holding the bite to the other’s lips, he his own, muttering, “Drink.”

 

The blond saw a flash of something in Yoongi’s eyes and then it was gone, and he was following the one-word command, taking down the liquid that resembled water in viscosity and was nasty on contact with the tongue but was over-satisfyingly sweet as it coated the rest of his tastebuds and slid down his throat. The burning began almost immediately and he felt he should scream, but he couldn’t. He wanted to drink more and more.

 

He drank as much as he was allowed. The burning still made him want to scream but he held it in as the feeling slowly subsided to a pleasant tingling. His eyes closed and he drifted off to sleep, a soft smile on his face as he, once again, deemed it all a weird dream.