001

Married Again

 

The sun was setting. The orange ray of light shine gloomy upon the young man. Sitting on the wooden bench, he stare at the grave infront of him. The fresh clean grass, ontop of the grass, a bunch of various types of roses were decorate around the grave. His heart felt too heavy to leave the scene. The evening light still had not dawn into him yet. He was deep in his thought. He hadn't spoken anything eversince he came that morning. He had been sitting on the bench and stare at the grave. His lips were too dry to open and his voice were sealed to speak. He had no idea on how to tell the love of his life about the sudden proposal of his parents.


That whole night after being inform, he hadn't sleep a wink. He was distress. He was restless. He was guilty. The picture of her, he stared. His eyes couldn't left elsewhere. What would she thinks if he had broken his vow, his promise. How can he be partnered when his partner is down below? How can his sealed closed heart open for this new woman. Furthur more, how can his parents ever thought that he could agree for this divorcee to replace his dead fiancee? How can they arranged a marriage of let him with a divorcee? A disgrace of the town... What are they thinking?!


"Why do you have to leave me alone, Xiujin-ah? If you're going, why didn't you take me along with you? Why do you have to leave me alone like this? I can't live without you, Xiu..."

 

 


"You're late, Minseok. You should have been back hours ago. Aerin left hours ago because you were late. Why can't you return quickly? Where have you been anyway?" Mrs Kim begin to scold.


The lights switch on as soon as Xiumin walk in. The young man ignore his mother and headed straight to the stairs. His mother followed him, grabbing his arm. He turn and give his mother an annoyed look. He's tired and he wanted to rest immediately. Mrs Kim wouldn't let it. She grab his ears and drag him towards the door and pushes him out. Xiumin give a look. He was too tired to speak and Mrs Kim was really testing his patience.


"Go to Aerin's house and apologise to her, now! She waited for you and refuse to eat anything because she waited for you. So, go to her.."


"I refuse to do what you just told me. Why should I? I didn't ask her to come, it was you. And I clearly and publicly showed my disapproval of this marriage. Why should I apologise to her? If someone should, shouldn't it be you, Mom? You forces her to marry me when she's too reluctant. Why are you forcing us? Can't you think straight? What will the people say if they know your bachelor son married a divorcee... Won't our family be shamed and embarassed? And Mom, she can't replace Xiujin. She's far different from what Xiujin is. She can't replace Xiujin!"


"No one wants her to replace Xiujin, Minseok! I know that Xiujin can't be replaced! But you need to move on! She's gone and I know that she too wants you to move on. You can't be forever alone, Minseok. Mom wants you to get married whether you like it or not! Mom and Dad had made up our minds and you better shut it. Now, go to her house and apologise for your rude behaviour!"


"I'm not going to do it. If you're forbidding me to enter then I would sleep at my own apartment. Mom, I'm not a little boy that you used to pamper and loved. I'm an adult now and treat me like one."


Mrs Kim snorted out loud. She find it laughable that he wanted to be treated like an adult but he's acting like a child.


"If I would treat you like a child, I would have beat and slap you but I didn't because you're a grown man. And Minseok, what do I care about the people thinks? Divorcee or not, they are still human. She has a feeling and how do you think she felt when the people talk bad about her? Should I remind you, your Grandmother was once a divorcee till her death. Don't look down on them because they are strong women. Mentally strong. Much more strong than you will ever be! So, apologise."

 

 


"Why are you here?"


When Cheri open the door, she hadn't thought that Xiumin was on her doorsteps. She was surprised to no end. She went out and closes the door immediately, making sure Xiumin didn't see anything in the small cramp apartment. She smile to him. Xiumin stare at him. She was wearing a hamster pajamas and was wearing her glasses. He glared to her.


"I won't accept you as my wife. Even if we are married, I will never love you. I won't care for you. I won't even look at you. I have someone I love." He told her and she nodded her head. She understand and she knows about his past.


"Even if I can't get your love, I am satisfied if you could love my child. I wouldn't ask more than that. I know that your hearts will forever belong to Xiujin-shi but please..."


"Why should I love a child from your previous marriage? Why should I even love him? He's not my kin."


"Then if you can't love him, please care for him. That's all that I ask from you. You hate the idea of us marrying and I'm reluctant to accept because both of us still loves our own lovers. I still my ex-husband. I'm marrying you for the sake of my child. I do not want my child to grow up without having a father. So please cooperate with me. I won't ask anything. Not even your wealth. I just need you to be there for my son, that's all and if you can't even do that then I'm sorry for asking too much."


Cheri tries hard to stop herself from losing her calm. Her eyes glared unknowingly towards him. Xiumin was surprised. He hadn't know that Cho Aerin was this kind of person. After being married, all he heard was how she was respectful towards her husband and how she changes from fierce and charismatic Cheri to obedient and motherly Cheri. If he hadn't witness first hand a few years ago, he might not believe it but he did experience it and was completely shocked. How can she changes drastically after marriage?


"Xiumin-shi," she called him. Xiumin wasn't his real name. It was a joint name of him and the late Xiujin. Xiujin + Minseok = XiuMin.


"If that's all that you wanted to speak with me then you can return home. Like you the first time we meet, a few days ago, you are ashamed to be seen talking with someone like me. So, leave while you still have face. We don't want you to be embarassed and hide away from weeks after the townspeople talked about seeing us talking together right? Status is your pride, isn't it?" She calm speaks before slamming the door to his face.

 

 


"Was it Minseok, Aerin?" Mrs Cho asked. Her hand trembles as she tries to stir the boiling pot. Cheri rush to her mother side and help her mother. She gave no answer but her mother was persistant.


"Why are you being rude to him, Aerin. He's your future husband. You shouldn't be rude to him. We should thank him for wanting to marry you after knowing your status."


Mrs Cho went into a horrible coughing fit. Cheri sigh. She rub her mother back gently before making her sit. The pot was left to boil while she talk with her mother. She give her mother a glass of water before reminding her mother.


"He never agrees to this marriage. He just agree because he has too. Because his parents wants him and I'm doing this for the sake of my child. Umma, please don't think otherwise. He still loves her and I would like that to continue."


Mrs Cho would only sigh. All she ever wanted for her daughter to be happy again. She wanted her daughter to be accepted by society. It wasn't plan for her to be divorcee. She had thought her her former son-in-law truly love her daughter but he didn't. Their marriage was happy until exactly 2 years ago, after the birth of their son. Cheri wasn't the same. In the eyes of her previous husband, she wasn't a woman any longer. She's just an empty shell. Cheri was hurt and their divorce leave a huge impact on her.


"Try to find happiness in this marriage, Aerin. Umma and Appa pray extremly hard for your happiness. As a parent, we want nothing more but happiness for our daughter. The people are cruel for insulting you. They didn't know anything. So, promise Umma that you will be happy with Minseok."


"Frankly speaking Umma, I don't think this marriage will ever achieve a happiness. Both of us are too caught with our past lovers. But as long as Yue is happy, I'm happy. My son happiness is my happiness."


Mrs Cho laugh softly.


"Cliche sentence, Aerin-ah. But promise us that whatever happens, you will never seek a divorce with Minseok. Be good to him, respect him and take care of your name. Promise us that."

 

 


"Did you apologise to her?"


Xiumin turns to face Mrs Kim. He had purposely came late but still his mother is wide awake, waiting for him. Xiumin shrug his shoulders and headed straight into his room. He hurridly locked his door and switch on the soundproof device. Mrs Kim sigh.


"Leave him. He's still healing." Mr Kim speak from nowhere. The man of the house was nowhere to be seen but his voice was loud. He must be camping in his study room again and watching them.


"Healing? He's been 'trying' to heal for years now. How could Minseok heal when he didn't even try. You might object to this marriage but I will still go ahead with it. And you can't stop me, Honey."


Mrs Kim heard her husband chuckle. Where is this study room, Mrs Kim hadn't know. Eversince she married her husband, she had never seen her husband study room and when he try to ask her of the whereabouts, he reply her, saying that his study room is a man cave. His man cave, that only him allowed to know and no one else. She gave up after a few years of finding it and her husband had been using the study room for his bedroom for the past 40 years of their marriage life. Yeah, their marriage life wasn't happy. It's happiness died down from the time when Mr Kim knew about her secret.


"You're one selfish woman, Yura. Forcing a marriage won't bring happiness and you know very well that Aerin isn't like other woman."


"Neither do man, for neglecting and abandoning woman who suffers. What's wrong with giving them moral support? Why can't men support women when they are in trouble. A trouble that scars them for eternity? Why hurt them like this? Don't they love their wife previously, when they were once flawless?"


Mrs Kim kept on going with her words. Xiumin was in the room. He knows that his parents might fight again and he quickly switches the soundproof device on. He lay on his bed and stare at the ceiling. Another 2 more days and he will be married. Should he runaway and abandon the woman? Maybe he should. Xiumin get up and hurridly pack his stuff. He grab his clothes and other important things and place in a sandbag before leaning it against his walk-in closet. He turn off his lights and in the dark, he write a long letter to his parents. He's running away, that's that!

 

 


Cheri look out from her window. The cold breeze was merciless. Yue was shivering from head to toe. The young 2 year old was still awake. Cheri hug her son and brought him close to the window. The young boy stare at scenary outside of the window. All he sees was black. No lights to light up his sight. Cheri pinches his nose and usher him to bed. She went back next to window and lean against the frame. She stare at the streetlight. She saw shadow running. Her apartment was at the end of the Town. Someone was leaving secretly. All she sees was black clothing. She can't make out who it was but the familiar sandbag caught her by surprise.


"Unbelieveable.... You would go this far to stop this marriage huh? Stupid..."


"Stupid?" Yue asked. He was still awake. He turn to stare at his mother. His pale brown eyes lighten up as he heard his mother using the word 'stupid'.


"No one. Just a wedding wimp that's all. Off to bed now. I'm blowing the candles away. It will get dark and you might not see your way and trip and..."


"Me see dark everyday..." Yue cheerfully said. Cheri smile. She hug her son and kisses his crown.


"Mummy promise Yue that Mummy will do whatever it takes to make you see light, okay?"


Yue nodded his head. He hug his mother before drifting to sleep. Cheri felt bad. The money was still not enough. There's a long way to go and she's afraid that it might be too late to save her son. Her only saviour for survival.


"You're not allow to pass on before Mummy, understand. You need to see everything. Mummy promise you that. Mummy will protect you from everyone. Mummy loves you so much."

 

 

 

 

Finally updating. I'm sorry if the story has grammar mistake and ish. English is not my best subject.

Check out my other story :
1. Love is Blind (D.O)
2. Nobody Knows (BAEKYEON)
3. Cupid Last Game (CHEN & D.O) not .
4. The Runaway Bride (SUHO)
5. I'm a Housekeeper not a Nanny! (KAI)
6. Our Commitment (CHANYEOL)
7. Please Be Careful With My Heart (BAEKHYUN)
8. His Masquerade (SEHUN)

 

 

I will try to update weekly but if I didn't, please understand that my brain need rest and I have other things to do. Thanks!!!!!