002

Three Ways To Show Love

Waking up to slightly sore shoulders wasn’t the ideal morning for Yugyeom, but who can he really blame?

He thinks it’s better to blame someone else rather than himself. So he did.

He blames Bambam. Why? He doesn’t know.

He feels better after thinking about it, though.

 

He carefully sits up from his bed, cringing as pain goes through his body quickly before loosening up lightly. Yugyeom thinks that he would be a walking zombie if his Mark hyung didn’t massage him last night.

His Mark hyung.

Yugyeom stops stretching midway as his thoughts zeroes on his hyung. He has yet to give his appreciation to the eldest of the group. So far, attempt number one was a fail.

He silently groans at this before swinging his legs to the side of his bed and placing his bare feet on the wooden floor. Maybe he’ll think of the winning idea after he’s had some food in him.

 

It comes no surprise to him when he sees his Mark hyung already downstairs, a thick, dark green blanket wrapped around his shoulders and a steaming mug in one of his large hands. Yugyeom stays in one place, admiring his most precious hyung before he decides to sit next to him.

Before Yugyeom says a word to his hyung, the other already has his free arm open for the maknae, ready to snuggle the gentle giant of the group. The younger slips into his Mark hyung’s embrace with ease, smiling at the fact that he knows his Mark hyung just woke up as well, with his hair in disarray.

 

“Hyung, it looks like a bomb exploded on top of your head.”

“Well, good morning to you, too, my dearest maknae.” He places a quick peck to the other’s temple, his eyes not leaving the television screen in front of them.

Yugyeom pouts at the lack of response to his playful insult but immediately smiles when he feels the older massaging one of his shoulders.

But Mark’s grin turns into a frown. “Your shoulders are still tense.”

The maknae leans closer so that his face rests on the other’s warm shoulder. “But I’m feeling a whole lot better than yesterday afternoon.” He tries to say in the clearest way possible, ending it with a quick kiss over the clothed shoulder.

“All thanks to me.”

“Don’t push it, Mark hyung.”

For the first time this morning, Mark turns his full attention to the younger. His eyes lands on the other’s nose before landing a chaste kiss on it. “You are the love of my life, my love and my life.”

In return, he gets a shove from the maknae, who is already blushing like crazy at his hyung’s cheesy words. “Yah, what is wrong with you?”

“Nothing can be wrong if you’re here with me—“ Mark ends up laughing as he heard an annoyed groan from Yugyeom.

“Stooooooop! Why are you like this?”

“Like what? So devilishly handsome and charming that you had no choice but to love me—“

The maknae easily reaches up and messes up the other’s dark hair, making it much worse than his original bed hair.

Mark blinks twice before laughing out loud, lightly patting and feeling the current state of his hair. “Man, I must look like some Frankenstein monster!” His says as he unconsciously slips into his native English language, laughing at his own lame joke.

“I’m not entirely sure what you said but I bet it was insulting.” Yugyeom playfully frowns before punching the other’s shoulder.

Mark puts down his mug on the coffee table in front of the pair before rubbing his shoulder, the smile on his face showing that he really wasn’t in pain. “I said that I might look like Frankenstein after what you did to my hair. You know, tall, green skinned, can’t say anything but ‘arrrrrrrgh’ and ‘fireeeeee’.” He continues to explain when he saw the other’s confused face. Terribly adorable in Mark’s opinion.

A lightbulb goes off in Yugyeom’s head as he heard his hyung explain Flanken—Franker—Flunkar—the monster. He got an idea from that as to how he’ll give back to his hyung. It sends excitement throughout his body that he doesn’t realize that he was smiling widely right now.

The dark haired member reaches over and pokes the blond’s head. “Hey, what’s going on in that pretty little head of yours?”

“Nothing, just thought that you do look like a monster.”

“Well, you’ve handled monsters before, right? Big monsters, I mean.” Mark’s eyes shines in mischief before winking.

One second after, Mark finds himself on the floor, clutching his stomach as he feels his abs going through a workout from all the loud laughing he’s doing.

“WHY ARE YOU EVEN ALLOWED TO BE NEXT TO ME?”

That just earns Yugyeom another round of laughter, even louder than before.

Upstairs, Youngjae stirs in his bed, trying to get comfortable again as he felt something almost disturb his sleep. Almost.

 

GOT7 finds themselves inside their company van, on their way to a recording for a music show. Yugyeom could not forget his hyungs’ faces when they all saw his Mark hyung on the floor in a fetal position, breathing heavily and a deranged smile on his face.

All the maknae could do was shrug and take a sip from his Mark hyung’s mug—hot chocolate that was kind of lukewarm, Yugyeom tastes—and simply states, “He’s your teammate. You should expect this already.”

 

Now turning his head to the left, he sees his Mark hyung with gazing at the passing buildings and people with his forehead resting on the window. Yugyeom feels a little sad because his hyung was wearing a black snapback, a duller sight than what he had earlier on this morning.

So nothing really stops him from reaching over to his hyung and stealing the snapback.

Mark tries to stop the younger but to no avail. His hair sticking out in every direction and he quickly tries to fix it down again.

Playfully putting the snapback over his own blond hair, Yugyeom sticks his tongue out at his hyung, heart fluttering at the sight of the other’s relaxed smile.

“Mind if I get my hat back?”

“Yes, I do mind.”

A hand reaches out to Yugyeom anyways.

It was beaten by a slap.

Another slap was made.

And then another.

A whole slapping war starts between the oldest and the youngest over one snapback, no one in the vehicle pays attention to them despite the little yelps the two are letting out.

Safe to say that as soon as they arrived at the venue, both Mark’s and Yugyeom’s arms where glowing red, hand marks here and there.

 

Yugyeom sits comfortably in the waiting area backstage, his eyes tries to keep up with everything that’s happening around him. His manager hyung is taking and making phone calls here and there on one hand, and on the other hand, he is literally holding back both Bambam and Youngjae from making any more trouble by taking hold of their collars. The two have yet to get ready for the recording since the two coordi-noonas are taking care of Jackson and Jinyoung at the moment.

He sees Jaebum doing push-ups for a warm and the maknae has half a mind to sneak up on the leader and sit on his back but pushes the idea away when his Mark hyung sits next to him already dressed up for their performance.

“You cleaned up good, maknae.” Mark compliments the other, flashing him a grin.

“Thank you, Mark hyung.” He flashes him an eye smile. “Those clothes fit you well.”

Mark stretches his arms by his sides to show off the sleeves of his black and gold jacket. “You think so? I think the only thing that’s wrong about me is my hair.”

Yugyeom waves off such comment. “You look perfect the way you are.”

“What do you want? Money? A chocolate milkshake?” The older teased.

The maknae faces his Mark hyung and reaches up. His hand lands flat on the other’s limp, dark hair. “Do you want me to mess up your hair?”

He receives a shrug. “You can do whatever you want. The coordi-noonas are still styling Jackson and Jinyoung. After them, it’ll be Youngjae and Bambam.”

Yugyeom actually feels Mark lean his head towards his hand. He takes this as an opportunity to ruffle his dark locks. A few seconds pass and he’s still not done messing it up.

“Hey, Yugyeom-ah, I’m a man, not a dog—“

“Aaaaalmooost dooooooone.” The maknae shakes his hand faster on the other’s hair before pulling back, successfully making the older’s hair stick up in random directions. “That was fun!”

“I didn’t notice.” The dark haired member chuckles.

“You should let your hair look like this, hyung, it makes you look…” Yugyeom’s insult doesn’t follow through when he tilts his head a bit to see what he did, the height that he gave to his hyung’s hair.

An eyebrow raises in curiosity. “Yes? Continue your insult.”

All he got was two hands back in his hair. The hands had most of his hair in between them before they start to go higher and higher until the dark locks are free. Said hands repeats this process until Mark’s hair was standing straight on its own.

“Perfect! It makes you look perfect.”

“Just wait until the coordi-noonas get their hands on my hair.”

Yugyeom pouts at the other’s statement. He wouldn’t let his efforts go to waste.

 

Half an hour later, Yugyeom finds his Mark hyung sitting on a make-up chair, the latter’s attention is on a video recorder in his hand as he catches himself in a “Mark camera” for the music show. The blond maknae creeps quietly behind his hyung before placing his hands on the other’s shoulders, looking at Mark in the eye through the mirror. He hears Mark’s surprised chuckle before switching the camera around so that he’s shooting himself and Yugyeom through the mirror as well.

 

“Ahh, here’s my favorite maknae, Yugyeom! Gyeomie, please greet the fans through the camera.”

“Annyeong haseyo, IGOT7!” He ends his greeting with his signature peace sign and big smile. “Mark hyung looks very pretty, don’t you think?”

“Yah, what do you mean pretty? I’m manly!”

“Manly pretty, then, manly pretty.”

“This maknae…” Mark laughs with a shake of his head.

“You want to look manly, hyung? Then let me be your hair stylist!”

“I don’t think you should—“

“Of course I should! Since you styled my hair once, I should return the favor.” Yugyeom innocently states to his hyung.

Mark just blinks because he does find truth in the other’s words. “But the coordi-noona—“ He doesn’t get to finish when he feels the maknae’s fingers thread slowly through his newly styled hair.

Yugyeom, however, makes a face that looks like he made the worst mistake of his like. “Your hair is so sticky.”

“That is called hair product.”

“I will fight through the hair product to achieve your full handsomeness!”

The recorder in Mark’s hands starts shaking as he laughs at the maknae’s attempt of styling. When in reality, he’s just using the same thing he did half an hour ago, only this time using his fingers to make his hair gain height instead of using his whole hands. Mark thinks that the younger just doesn’t want his hands to get dirty… well, dirtier.

Mark snaps out of his thoughts when he hears Yugyeom let out a quick “Aha!”

“…this wasn’t much of an improvement, Yugyeom-ah.”

The eldest member had to hold in his laughter at the sight of his maknae’s face looking so offended.

“What are you talking about? Your hair is defying the style limits!”

“More like it is defying gravity at this height.”

“But at a very manly height!”

Mark puts down the camera in front of the mirror before standing up and facing the blond member. He figures that his hair is passed Yugyeom’s normal height already, which he doesn’t know that it brings Yugyeom such delight. He puts a hand on the maknae’s shoulder and stares deeply into the younger’s eyes, a warm, loving smile on his face.

“I appreciate what you did for me. Thank you for being my hair stylist today.”

Yugyeom can’t help but shy away from his hyung’s gaze. “I-It was nothing.”

The older, however, had other plans. He reaches up with his free hand to grab the maknae’s chin in between his thumb and index finger. He gently pushes the other’s chin to face him before leaning in a centimeter closer, still very careful to not get caught by any staff member.

“Hyung, someone might see.”

“I won’t do anything, don’t worry.”

The maknae can’t help but feel baited as he sees his Mark hyung’s wide smile. He can’t help but maybe land a peck on the other’s cheek. He’ll just be quick so that no one would notice—

“YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR HAIR?”

That was enough for both members to stumble a few steps away from each other as a stressed coordi-noona staring at the older member.

Mark opens his mouth, planning to save both his life and Yugyeom’s but he was interrupted by the coordi-noona again.

“GET BACK IN THAT CHAIR OR SO HELP ME I WILL TAPE YOU DOWN THAT CHAIR.”

Mark does what he is told to do while Yugyeom tries to run away from the situation, genuinely terrified.

 

After the recording, GOT7 thanks the staff before going back to their van to head home. Once they got back to their dorm, their manager hyung asked Mark and Yugyeom to stay back and stand in front of the van before scolding them for their hair dilemma a few hours ago. He tells off Yugyeom for having the audacity to ruin the coordi-noona’s work. He also tells off Mark for letting the maknae do such a careless thing and for not handling the situation better since he was the oldest.

Both members took their manager hyung’s words with acceptance, bowing their heads to show how embarrassed and apologetic they are.

Yugyeom thinks that this is an intervention saying that he should just give up his plan to give back to Mark hyung, seeing as it only brings him problems, and now he even had Mark get into trouble as well.

His hyung shifts his gaze over to Yugyeom as a small grin grows on his face, discreetly reaching over to hold the maknae’s wrist. He squeezes it gently before slowly slipping his hand into the other’s hand.

The blond maknae reciprocates both the smile and the hold, squeezing his hyung’s hand just as light.

And at that moment, Yugyeom realizes that he can’t give up just like that.


 

Omg, I'm sooooooo sorry for the late update ;_____; Despite it being my vacation, school org work had me so busy that I wasn't able to write as much as I wanted to OnO But here it is, enoy and comment if you want, and again I'm deeply sorry for keeping you guys waiting~ <3