Thump, Thump

Happiness Delight

*thump, thump*

Chanyeol swallowed every last bit of dignity he still had left as he witnessed his seniors approaching from out of the corner of his eye. Fiddling with his fingers, he politely bowed as they passed him, subconsciously bowing a tad deeper for one special lady. Sandara Park.
 
Even before debut, Chanyeol had been crazy for the older woman. Was it her sincere personality, her infectious smile, her sweet voice? Chanyeol wasn't sure what set her apart from the others, but he was smitten. He watched her secretly as she talked amongst her own members. It was hard to even not look at her backside. He sighed as her shoulders shook from laughter, imagining the sweet smile that was evidently on her face. Even adorned in high heels, she was still much shorter than him. Chanyeol took in her short height and tiny frame for a second before looking away once more. 
 
Suho and Baekhyun found it fairly difficult to withhold their snickering as they watched the younger member struggle to keep his eyes off of her. All Chanyeol could do was smile and accept the excessive teasing. 
 
*thump, thump*
 
His breath hitched in his throat when Dara turned to look around, quickly averting his pupils to avoid eye contact. She's so beautiful that I could die, Chanyeol thought. He was forever waiting for the day when he could finally formally introduce himself to her. He'd played the scenario out through his head countless times. 
 
 
Do you have a map? I keep getting lost in your eyes. 
 
Somebody better call God because he's missing an angel. 
 
I was looking at a light bulb today and it made me think of you and how you light up my world.
 
 
Okay, maybe those are a bit cheesy, but it's not like they are far from the truth. Being so close yet so far away was eating him alive. He wanted to be the one to hold her in his arms. He wanted to be the one to produce that dazzling smile on her cute face. He wanted nothing more than to stare at her for as long as possible, embracing her ethereal beauty for all that it is, but he was stuck with sneaky glances and quick peeks. 
 
I wish you would notice me, Chanyeol thought. 
 
*thump, thump*
 
He was so deep in thought that he didn't notice Dara glancing at him until the last minute. He gathered a piece of flesh on his forearm, pinching with might, but this was not a dream. It was a quick glance. Heck, Chanyeol wasn't even sure if it was directed at him, but he was ecstatic nonetheless. Chanyeol was extremely happy, but cameras were flashing everywhere. He couldn't possibly react how he would like. If that was the case, he'd be bouncing around for ages due to sheer and utter joy. 
 
Suho noticed the ordeal and proceeded to explain the situation to the rest of the members, beginning with amused whispers in Sehun's ear. Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun's hands away as he began to playfully poke him, but he couldn't hide the smile that was creeping onto his face. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
Chanyeol gave himself one last look in the mirror before leaving the dressing room. It was finally Exo's turn to perform. He was incredibly nervous tonight. Nerves had been a thing of the past, but knowing that Dara was close by was digging deep into his soul. 
 
Completely immersed in his thoughts, he felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. He turned around to be met with a pair of soft eyes. After standing there in shock for a millisecond, he was quick to bow, showing his respect for the sunbae that he admires so much. 
 
"Chanyeol-ssi, right," Dara asked gently. 
 
She said my name. It rolls off of her tongue so well. I can't believe she is talking to me. Why did she approach me? Is something on my face? I checked my reflection just a minute ago, and I was looking mighty handsome if I do say so myse-
 
Chanyeol suddenly realized he should have replied a while ago as he was brought back to earth by the call of his leader, Suho. 
 
"Ye-yes. That would be me," the taller one remarked. 
 
Dara giggled at the way he stuttered as she reached to place a tiny hand on his broad shoulder. "Good luck! I hope you have a great performance. I'll be watching!" She then skipped away, leaving Chanyeol baffled as Suho approached him, dragging him by the arm to the stage. So much for the knee-weakening pick-up lines. 
 
----------------------------------------------------
 
"You've worked hard everyone!" The members exited the stage with both exhaustion and relief. Nothing compares to the loving reaction they get from the crowd, but their job is still extremely tiring.
 
The only thing on Chanyeol's mind as he downed an ice cold bottle of water was whether or not Dara enjoyed the performance. 
 
"Chanyeol-ah! You were so cool! Wow, you are the best," praised an overly high-pitched voice from behind him. 
 
He turned around and rolled his eyes, disposing of his now empty water bottle by throwing it at Baekhyun's head. Baekhyun winced in fake pain. 
 
"Why did you hit me, Chanyeol-ah? I thought you loved me," Baekhyun pouted as he begun his infamous never-ending teasing session, only to be cut short by Chanyeol putting him in a headlock. 
 
The members laughed at the familiar scene as Baekhyun struggled to break free from the younger member's grasp. 
 
The clearing of one's throat was what broke them apart in the end. "Bom-ie noona!" Chanyeol embraced Park Bom in a death-inducing hug as Baekhyun coughed excessively as a means to regain all of the air he just lost. 
 
Bom and Chanyeol had gotten close after being on Roommate together. They don't contact one another much due to their schedules, but it's always fun when they do get a chance to talk. 
 
"Your performance was amazing! Here is a congratulatory gift for your hard work." Bom revealed a bouquet of flowers that she had been hiding behind her back. Chanyeol's eyes lit up before bringing her back into his death-hug. 
 
"Thanks so much, Noona! Now I have to do something for you," he replied with earnest. 
 
"No, no. Don't worry about it, Chanyeol-ah. You've done enough already," she whispered the last part with a sly smile before skittering away, leaving Chanyeol standing there dumbfounded. He just shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to post a picture of his newly-given flowers on SNS. 
 
-----------------------------------------
 
Chanyeol was messing around in his little mini studio in the corner of his room, after such an inspirational day I might add, when Kyungsoo brought something to his attention. 
 
"Chanyeol-ah. Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol," after realizing that his music was on full blast, Kyungsoo flicked him on his neck. Well, that got his attention. 
 
Chanyeol pulled his headphones off and rubbed the sensitive patch of skin on his neck. "Why," Chanyeol frantically asked.
 
"Don't play your music so loud. You'll be deaf by the time you're forty," Kyungsoo retorted. 
 
Chanyeol was not amused. "You seriously just flicked my neck into another dimension so you could give me a warning about music safety? Are you out of your mind, Kyungsoo?" Can't a guy work on his music in peace? 
 
Kyungsoo's gaze was stoic as he crossed his arms over his small chest. "No. I put your flowers in a vase. There was a tiny card folded into one of the flowers. I'm surprised I noticed it." He tossed the card onto Chanyeol's desk before going back to do who knows what. Probably to cry over more Prince of Tennis. 
 
Chanyeol opened the card to find a number.
 
*thump, thump*
 
"Hit me up sometime? Dobi-doodooong! <3 :)"
 
And if this were a drama, this would be the moment where little 'ole Chanyeol faints from a mixture of shock and delight.

 

I hope this suits at least someone's tastes! haha It's starting off slow, but things will pick up soon! Dara gave him her number! I would scream to the rooftops if I were him.