± Reinforcement

Beneath My Bed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back, and I'm on a roll! First I updated Breathless, finished My Lucky Connection, and now this! The alternate ending you've all been asking for is now here. Enjoy!

~~

“Listen.” He ventures, assuming that the thing, whatever it was, at least understands him. “I’m sorry I invaded your space, okay?” he thinks he hears a petulant sniffle, but he’s not sure. “So, let me make you a deal, if you’re into that kind of stuff.” He stops, realizing too late that it probably wasn’t the best terminology to use, given that heavens knew what he was speaking with. It could be a demon after his soul, for all he knew.

Tense minutes tick by slowly as Kyungsoo waits for a response. He inhales and exhales deeply to calm his jittery nerves and blinks his eyes rapidly to adjust to the darkness.

There is silence.

Kyungsoo ventures a soft, questioning, “Hello…?”

Nothing.

“Screw it.” He bites his lower lip and maneuvers his way out from under the bed in hurried, clumsy movements. He is back on all fours, crouching just beside his bed, looking down at the floor and breathing heavily when he’s finished. His heart is pounding as he cautiously turns his head to face the bed.

His arms wobble perilously and Kyungsoo almost falls smack onto the floor when his eyes register what he sees on the bed. “Holy f-“ he exclaims as he hastily scrambles backwards, the sharp pain of the wall hitting his back making him hiss.

The figure on his bed is decidedly human-shaped, but in the dim lighting of his room, Kyungsoo can’t quite make out the features. But now that he’s out from under his bed, Kyungsoo can hear the soft wheezing sounds coming from the figure. There is a movement in the dark, and Kyungsoo realizes with horror that the human-shaped figure is sitting with its back to him and dear Lord in heaven, the head was turning to face him with a creaking sound.

Yes, just the head.

“FUC-!” Before Kyungsoo even finishes his expletive, he is uncomfortably pressed back against the wall and the thing is face to face with him, arms on either side of Kyungsoo’s folded legs. Fortunately, with all limbs in their proper angles, unfortunately, the thing looks less than human up close.

It is generally human, yes, but the blank eyes with blood dripping from them is decidedly less so. Even in the darkness, Kyungsoo could tell that it is pale, way paler than him, paler than any living being, at that. The thing’s mouth and jaw are gaping open in a soundless scream, and the wheezing sounds so much closer now. Black lines that look like veins are in stark contrast with the creature’s pale complexion, and they run throughout his face and neck.

The thing is clothed, in what seems to be a torn pair of loose white shirt and black pants, and everything else about it is normal. Relatively. Messy dark hair, long limbs, which ensure that it- he…? will definitely tower over Kyungsoo , plush lips and a toned form that has Kyungsoo second-guessing his compromised position…

The creature tilts its head with more creaking sounds, and the angle gets a little unnatural, but Kyungsoo gulps his way through that realization. He feels cold, and he’s shivering uncontrollably when the thing reaches out with a freezing cold hand to haphazardly run down the side of his face.

“Uh…” Kyungsoo’s lying if he says that he didn’t nearly piss himself in that moment.

The creature’s unseeing eyes continue to stare unflinchingly, and Kyungsoo is only half aware that he is shaking in his seat.

The hand that was just on his face reaches over to touch Kyungsoo’s neck, and he flinches so hard he hits his back against the wall once again. The thing creaks its head back to an upright position and leans over to nose at Kyungsoo’s neck.

“What- ah, what are you doing?” He squeaks, pushing himself further against the wall, sweating hands slipping on the hardwood floor. He yelps, and ends up finding purchase on one of the creatures toned arms.

The thing turns its head so fast to look at his hand grabbing its arm, and Kyugsoo flounders. “, sorry, I didn’t mean to. , I…” he lets go, and inhales abruptly, breathing in the sharp scent of rotting flowers. He gags.

Kyungsoo nearly passes out when he sees the corners of the gaping mouth tug up, as if the thing’s amused at his predicament. When the thing proceeds to press up closer against him, he does.

--

Kyungsoo wakes up to cold arms wrapped around him, and he fails in muffling the scream that comes out of him. The dog yaps in a frenzy outside his door. He turns and crawls out of the grasp in a panic, thankful that no limbs fall off either him or the thing in the process.

He’s beautiful.

The thing, no, boy beside Kyungsoo on the bed is not the creature he remembers staring at in his blurry memories. This boy’s skin is tanned just a bit more than his own, and when his eyes flutter open Kyungsoo could see that the brown orbs are not the same blank ones staring at him from the night before. But the clothes, and the cold, yes, those were definitely the same. The plush lips are pink, and the black veins are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter