macaroni

perhaps, it's a period!

perhaps, it's a period!


Kyungsoo looked over his lunch and stifled a sob.

His usual lunch, macaroni, is no where to be found. He is pretty sure that the student formed an allience against him and decided to devour all the macaroni for sale in the school's canteen. He remembered staring longingly at the now empty glass case where his precious macaroni usually lie. If it wasn't for Baekhyun ushering him from the glass case, he would've throw a fit of drama right then and there which would make him perfect for theater club. 

Kyungsoo continued to stare at his plate, which is not occupied by his usual favorite but a burger. A burger with cheap ketchup and an overcooked patty, Kyungsoo adds.

"Kyungsoo, I swear stop looking at the burger as if it failed as a food", his bestfriend, Baekhyun scolded him while munching on his salad. "You're making it sad."

"You can say that because it's not your salad stolen from you!", Kyungsoo replies muttering how Baekhyun should be thankful that he's still got his favorite lunch with him. 

"Just eat the damn burger!"

"No, I'm not gonna eat anything but my macaroni!"

Before Baekhyun had the chance to smack Kyungsoo in the head, Jongin, his ever handsome knight in shining armor arrives and flops on the seat next to Kyungsoo.

"What's with the commotion going on here. I swear all the students look over your table like they're witnessing a live drama." 

Both men looked to the other students and surely, all eyes are still on them as if waiting for the final scene. It's not until they recieved a death glare from Kyungsoo that they decided minding their own lunch is much more preferable.

"Jongin... they stole my macaroni", Kyungsoo whispers and Baekhyun almost choked on the slice of carrot he was chewing.

Before Jongin could even reply, Baekhyun managed to in an, "Excuse me, having stolen and having ran out of macaroni are two different things."

"What." Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, he really can't seem to get what they're talking about. "Someone please say what's going on?"

Kyungsoo breathed in a shuddering breath, mentally preparing himself for explaining Jongin the misfortune of his innoncent macaroni. "Okay, so here's how it goes. So I was fixing my things on my desk, very glad that the bell rang and signaled the start of lunch when Mrs. Choi held me up in a conversation about how good I did in the science project that we presented earlier and I was like, yes thank you ma'am but inside I was already losing patience, wondering why that teacher suddenly chose this precious time to hold me up and it's not like she haven't said her praises to my project before on class and I really want to eat now and then when I finally managed to end and escape from the room, I sprinted out to the canteen and fell in line to the queue only to find out that the macaroni is not there." he spewed breathlessly, "Jongin, the macaroni was not there", Kyungsoo says in a if-it-gets-any-more-dramatical way.

"Okay so uh... you didn't get to eat your macarㅡwait are you crying?!" Jongin shrieked because what the his boyfriend is crying. And over a macaroni. 

Macaroni.

 

Jongin remembers how his dog got lost one time and he almost ripped out his hair (while crying) from panic and frustration but Kyungsoo didn't even shed a tear to astleast even share the depression Jongin was feeling. And to say that now, Kyungsoo is crying over a macaroni. Seriously?

But ofcourse Jongin doesn't say that outloud especially now that the boy was undeniably shaking from the sobs he's letting out. And he almost panics at the panic-stricken face Baekhyun has on. 

 

Seeing Kyungsoo cry is really breaking his heart so he doesn't hesitate to poke the other's shoulder, making Kyungsoo look to him with wide swollen eyes (with tears here and there) and he almost cooed at the sight. Because no, Kyungsoo rarely cries, if not he's always the one who make people cry. Poor Baekhyun.

"Kyungsoo, it's okay...", Jongin starts, while wiping the tears clear on his cheeks. 

"No, I mean it's what I've been eating this whole year and I can't justㅡit's too hard to let go. Jongin, it's the macaroni were talking about. IㅡIt's my life. It's what kept me going through all these school hours." Kyungsoo managed to say between hiccups.

Now Jongin wouldn't admit he's jealous over a type of pasta.

 

Then suddenly, two giants made their way to the table, pigging on their own food. Jongin threw them a glare, afraid that Kyungsoo would break down again at the thought of lunch. 

"What", Chanyeol asked, eyes bulging out in surprise because that's how friends greet each other now?

Sehun didn't catch it though and proceeded to notice the forgotten and now cold burger sitting alone on the table. "Will someone still eat this?", he disgustingly asked, several miniature foods flying from his mouth.

It ended up with Baekhyun telling Sehun and Chanyeol the whole story of yet again why Kyungsoo is crying because they just won't stop asking and Jongin is really really trying his best to not bump their head against each other.

"Ah so that's why" Sehun sums it up, nodding in understanding as if its normal for someone to cry over a food.

Jongin continues to the hair his now napping boyfriend, seems like crying really took up his energy a lot and let Kyungsoo's head rest on his shoulders. 

Baekhyun swears he saw Kyungsoo mouthing something like ma-ca-ro-ni in his sleep but decided to not mention it. For Kyungsoo's sake and also his sake.

"Isn't he on period though?", Chanyeol wondered outloud earning himself several 'stupid's but is quick enough to defend himself. "No, guys really. I've witnessed my sister cry over things like this before. Not just onceㅡtwice, thrice, fries!" Chanyeol said as if he's narrating a horror story. "Mom, says it's normal though and she's just having mood swings and get sensitive over things.", he adds. 

 

Jongin did a rummaging of memories if he ever witnessed Kyungsoo like this before, perhaps every month, or if he is even using "those" pads and having occasional abdominal crumps. But he found none. He gasps at the thought.

 

He made a note to go out for lunch early tomorrow to make sure he gets Kyungsoo his most desired macaroni. Poor Kyungsoo. 

Sehun dramatically gasps and shrieked, "So boys have period too? Oh my god I feel so dumb. I thought only girls do until now!"

 

Baekhyun is currently regretting his life decisions as to why he ended up with idiots as friends.



1.1k macaroni  words -
i'm not satisfied why did it came out short orz -

please do comment, subsribe and upvote if this is worth reading thank you~ -

updated: SEQUEL coming up after 1k views and 30+ subscribers (just to know that you guys really want it because otherwise it'd be sad)