CHAPTER III

ENDOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There’s this man that I really wanted to talk with.

He comes to this place on Mondays and Saturdays.

Please notice the tense on the first sentence. Yep it’s in the past tense because now I can talk with him. He’s my boyfriend!

Well, not fully confirmed because he leaves me hanging. But it’s fine with me up to this moment. I’m talking about not being pushy.

Anyway, it’s a bit funny how I confessed to him last night.

Yes, I didn’t want to postpone anything. I’ve been waiting for so long and I think that night was the right moment for us.

So, when we were walking back together to the diner, I grabbed his elbow and stared directly to his brown eyes.

“Yes?”

His brows connected and I could only hold my breath and did my best not to pass out. My grip to the flowers he had given to me was tightened. I might have crushed them a bit. Poor flowers.

But he looked cute when his expression changed.

He smiled naughtily. I bet he knew what was about to happen.

When he gently took my cold arm and removed it from his elbow, I think my world stopped for a moment. I swear my head was dizzy when that skin ship happened.

His other hand, anyway, was holding the balloons which were ridiculously floating in the air.

“Is there something you want to say Sandara Park?” he asked, with that killer smile still plastered on his face.

I felt my cheeks burning as I gradually lowered my face.

Oh God, it’s harder than I thought.

“N…no..”

For that kind of moment, how should I react? I was totally messed up.

“Well ..” he sighed in disappointment.  I really hoped it’s not a fake. “Let’s go then. It’s getting colder here.”

After brushing off the upcoming failed event, he casually entwined our fingers and started walking.

Should I stop him and kiss his lips like those romantic comedy movies?

Nah, Mrs. Young had warned me before. Don’t disgrace yourself for a man.

 “Looks like the ground has been catching your attention more than me,” he chuckled.

He’s teasing me. Me! It’s a miracle how I still survived from this romance attacks.

“I … I .. I’m sorry. Haha.”

The laugh was so awkward and I grimaced for it.

“Thank you by the way,” he added.

“What for?”

“For saving my life,” he turned his head and looked at me.

“Oh..”

I had ever imagined how our first conversation would have been.

I had imagined us sitting in the evening in one of the empty tables inside the diner, talking about each other’s hobbies, throwing jokes and finally laughing together like old friends.

Sounds weird.

I think so. It even sounds stupid.

However, never in my pre – sleeping ritual at nights I had imagined to have that kind of ‘thank you for saving my life’ conversation.

“I .. well, you know I like you right?” I started again, to test my luck.

“Maybe,” he’s not sure of it. Or is he making fun of me?

I felt like bumping my head to the nearest lamp pole and pitying myself.

Should I remind him of every little flirts, which Taeyang and Seunghyun think as self humiliating stunts, I had been throwing at him each time he showed up at our place?

Life is indeed not fair. All my efforts are gone to waste.

“Are you okay?” he chuckled again.

I stopped and took a deep breath. Super deep to the point my little s looked bigger than usual. I don’t know if he paid any attention to them anyway.

“Kwon Jiyong I love you.”

I said that quickly as I exhaling one last breath in a quick pace, making it looked like a desperate confession. Then I looked up at his surprised face.

I wondered what’s happening inside his brain. He might have been thinking that I had lost my mind.

But people are not in love if they are still in their right mind, aren’t they.

 “I like that sentence came out from your lips,” he squint his eyes and stared at me thoughtfully. He made me blushed profusely as he moved his face closer to mine, of course I ducked my head immediately.

Oh God, it’s a scene in most of Korean Dramas I watch. It’s a scene when the guy clipped the woman’s chin and tilted it slightly to meet his awaiting lips!

He’s going to kiss me. Oh God I’m not ready yet!

Those sentences kept screaming inside my head and I feel like I’m ready to fly to the moon.

“Thank you,  Dara,” he whispered as a warm smile appeared on his face.

The way his eyes staring at me were so kind that I forgot to feel disappointed at his answer or his action.

‘Thank you Dara’ is definitely not an answer I want to hear from him. That’s super lame.

 

***

 

I couldn’t sleep well last night. Besides weighing if “Thank you Dara” has the same meaning with “You can be my girlfriend”, I kept imagining silly things that we probably will do today. My dirty mind even participated as I covered up my face in shame. 

It’s because on the next day, which means today, we have our first date.

 “Ready?”

“Yes!”

I beam at Jiyong when he shows up in front of the diner.

A day after the confession, Jiyong asked me out to a place he likes but he didn’t tell me the name.

Maybe he wants to surprise me. I just can’t wait.

We talked on the phone last night before he went to sleep. His voice on the line was so sweet especially when he’s sleepy. Husky and y!

He’s talking about his job as a music composer. Most of his time is spent inside his studio.

I finally found what he does on Mondays to Fridays. And somehow I’m proud of myself. I couldn’t hide my happiness as I smile during the conversation. It’s just a little information he shares with me but that little thing is enough to make me happy.

While he’s talking, I was imagining he’s inside his studio, creasing his brows as he stared at a paper with notes and lyrics on it. I imagine he humming the yet to be released masterpiece.

But he said he couldn’t make good music anymore after the accident.

I could only say sorry to hear that and cheer him up.

“You just need to find new inspiration.” I suggested.      

He didn’t reply though.

“Do you have time tomorrow?” he asked me for a date instead.

Actually I have to replace Su Hyun again but it’s not like every day Jiyong will ask me out. So, I’d rather take Mrs. Young’s punishment than turn Jiyong down.

Unexpectedly, Mrs. Young , the demon and angel, bought me mascara! And I am like mashing up my brows to that weird gift.

“I ever told you to buy yourself good mascara and wear it to your first date. However, since you yourself have bad taste of everything, and also lack of money, I asked Su Hyun to buy you this.”

That’s what she said as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter