CHAPTER IV

ENDOWED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara POV

The clock is ticking and the more I stare at it the more I hate it. So, I turn my body around on the comfy bed and let my back face the ticking, annoying clock.

I’ve been insomniac for a week now and it’s all because of that marvelous man has destroyed my should – have – been happy moment.

 

Why does it when I give all my love to a particular person but the person doesn’t give me back the amount of love I think I deserve, make me feel empty?

Well, let’s say it’s because I left none for myself or to someone new. Sounds like very pathetic version of Sandara Park huh?

But why does he have to disappear? At least he should come to this place and ask me why I left him alone on that beach.

I swear to God I will never go to that place anymore.

 

The sunset was amazing though. And I kissed him.

Damn, I can’t even take him away from my head. Why do I still remember the taste of his lips?

Oh God just kill me.

 

But he CRASHED all the feeling when I failed to be the main actress in this love story. How come he called her name?

-----------------------------------

 

What day is it today? Yes, Saturday.

I shut my eyes tightly in front of the mirror.

‘Stop hoping for him to come. He dumped you.’

Oh man who am I kidding?

Yes I’m still hoping for him to come and miraculously smile at me and take me to another date.

I’m hopeless. I know.

 

The diner this evening is not too crowded but Mrs. Young always has something in mind to annoy me. She never leaves me do ‘nothing’.

“Sandara Park! Clean up table number 3! I don’t pay you so you can sit down and relax!”

There she goes again.

“My has been cleaning up the dishes and the whole diner Mrs. Young. I never know it ACTUALLY can make me feel so relax,” I reply with full sarcasm while dragging myself to the holy table number 3.

“I have no time for your bull,” she remarks behind the counter.

 

I curse her over and over while wiping the sturdy table.

 

“You look upset.”

 

“None of your business,” I reply without bothering myself to look up at the person.

 

“But you look cute though,” he chuckles.

 

Wait … is it Jiyong?

 

I shut my eyes for a second before turning around and face him with all my might.

He smiles reluctantly.

Is it guilt that I see on his face?

 

 “Wow, Kwon Jiyong! Long time no see! You look great! The weather is so nice right! I like your jacket!”

I got to act cool. But damn why did I have to raise my voice?

I laugh awkwardly and he creases his brows at my uncommon sentences.

Seunghyun walks pass us and sighs. “ Dara you are pathetic. How are you Jiyong?”

“I’m fine thanks,” he replies without leaving his stare at me.

Seunghyun shrugs and Taeyang joins him sitting in one of the tables. It’s about three steps from me and Jiyong.

They are the real gossip girls.

 

“I’ll take you your order.”

“No,” he grabs my wrist when I’m about to leave.

We stare at each other for about five seconds. I count how much time I could survive his intense stare and determined face. I can feel my blood rush to my cheeks as my heart pumping it to my whole system, making me duck my head to hide the obvious feeling.

 

Dear heart, why are you so stupid?

Dear body, why are you freeze?

Dear mind, why can't you win?

 

“I .. I miss you,” he confessed.

 

“Whoaaa,” Taeyang and Seunghyun chorus in union and I glare at their stupid face.

 

“Okay I miss you too jerk. Let’s get out of here.”

 

I take off my apron and slam it to their face.

 

“Mrs. Young, I’m done relaxing! Good night!” I step off the diner with Jiyong’s amused laughter.

 

I love this boy. Even his laughter can make my heart jump like crazy.

Outside the diner I see something that I didn't know Jiyong had.

My jaw is dropped when he shows me his ride. A motorbike.

 

“What? Come on," he grabs two helmets. I'm sure one is for me.

 

“A bike? You know how to ride a bike?” I ask with my amazed face still plastered perfectly.

 

He laughs again. “Do you want me to ride you instead?” he winks.

I die.

 

“You.. you .. you are funny. You .. you can’t ride a human,” I laugh awkwardly.

 

He burst in laughter, definitely an insult to me. But I’m happy because it’s so different from our first date.

That time, he had this gloomy feeling which made me feel uneasy.

Tonight, it’s different and I’m so excited to whatever comes next.

I smile at my idiocy to believe him. I believe that he’s here because of me.

 

-------------------

It’s indeed a dream comes true to hug his this tight on this motorbike, wearing his jacket, smelling his perfume.

The wind is cold and I don’t want him to get sick so I hope the warmth from my body and soul can keep him warm.

I chuckle softly at my silliness as I place my face on his back.

I can’t understand love. It’s complicated.

For me, it is the strangest feeling God ever created for human being. When I fall in love with Jiyong at the first sight and I know he might love me back, I keep the hope and continue to love him. When I ensure myself that he doesn’t love me back, I still keep the hope that someday he will.

When someone just mentions his name, or there’s this one guy who has same name with him, I still got that butterfly kicking my stomach. 

I can’t deny myself. 

But then I take a deep sigh when a thought comes to my head.

‘Are you thinking of her when I hug you this tightly?’

 

-------------------

 

The wind is blowing as I hug myself on the familiar road.

I stare at him, waiting for an explanation.

Guess where are we at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter