First Day

Transfer Student

 

 

 The sunlight shone brightly into the window of Kwon Yuri's beedrom, it seemed like the only time the sun shone like this ever since she had arrived in Seoul. The sunlight reached Yuri's body which manages to wake her up, slowly she lifted her body from the bed and crossed her legs and used her fingers to push back her dark raven hair, she then found herself staring at a blank wall. Yuri's bedroom was plain and suitable for a highschool student, but it still didn't feel like her bedroom. The walls were white washed and nothing was hung on the walls. She noticed that her room felt empty even though she had already unpacked her things. She walked over to her dresser where her school unifrom which were blue and white were hung. A letter from her parents were waiting for her she rolled her eyes as soon as she opened it 

"Dear Yuri 

 I hope you've settled into your new apartment...Me and your father..." 

"Blah,blah,blah" Yuri thought as she skim read the letter missing out unimportant stuff and only properly reading the last paragraph 

"Your father and i will miss you and we hope you learn a few things in seoul we thought that it was about time you lived your own life instead of us always ordering you what to do, so have a little bit of freedom and have fun. 

From Your Loving Parents." 

Yuri felt bad being reminded of the arguement she had with her parents that led her to coming to south Korea alone. 

 

It was her first day at school so Yuri made sure she wakes up ealier then she has to, even though this was her country she felt like an outcaster due to having been raised in American since she was five. She only knew what American kids were like and she couldnt help but feel nervous, it will be new people around her and her Hangul wasn't perfect. 

She walked past Cheonams highschool gates and could already feel eyes on her and few whispers here and there. Cheonam was a highschool for girls Yuri could feel her stomach turning and her hands slightly shaking, she wasnt used to being around girls she mostly spent time with her brother and his friends. Her only bestfriends were boys. 

A red headed girl sat on the bench with her friend pointing at the new student who was walking past them "new girl"            "Hm?" The blonde girl replied paying no attention to her friend and looking down at her phone "Heard shes American, well she was raised there. Shes pretty she seems like a friend material for us i think it will be easy for us to get along with her, well unless shes a then..." the red headed girl realised that her friend wasn't even paying attention "Yah!" She hit her semi hard on the shoulder 

"Aish, Tiffany. Its too early in the morning and you're talking too much and you're also too excited." The blonde girl snapped back. "Im just saying Jessica it wouldnt hurt us adding another person and plus you need more friends" tiffany joked making Jessica roll her eyes. Jessica finally looked up to see the new transfer student but all she could see was her red bag that stood out and her black raven hair.

Jessica was slightly shorter than average height,thin and pettite, she had white pale perfect skin and is really into fashion along with her friend Tiffany.Tiffany is slightly taller than Jessica and had red straight hair with bangs which she always made sure weren't messy what made Tiffany stand out was her eye smile that she took advantage of whenever she needed to ask a favour.

Jessica was busy fixing her blonde long hair whilst her friend Tiffany played games on her phone she paused her game and called out " Hey class president, know anything about the new girl?" A short petite girl turned around "New girl? Well, i know that shes in our tutor class" The class president replied fixing her glasses. 

"Okay class" there was an entrance at the classroom door a man wearing a red sweater came in "we have a new student who transferred today" The tanned girl stood infront of the teacher and looked back at him whilst he gestured for her to speak. She cleared "annyeonghaseyo, im Kwon Yuri." The class waited for more to be spoken. Jessica found the situation funny as she had been there also anyone could see that Yuri was not fully fluent in Hangul because of her slight misprounounciations "Yah" Tiffany elbowed Jessicas side to stop her from laughing "you were just like that when you first came here don't laugh" she whispered whilst putting her index finger on her lips signalling her to shut up. 

Jessica gave Tiffany an annoyed expression. Now that she could finally see the transfer students face she saw how pretty she actually was "Tiffany was right" she thought to herself and smiled to herself. "Class president you wouldn't mind showing Yuri around would you?" The teacher asked with a worried face "I don't mind at all Mr Nam" "thanks Taeyeon" Mr Nam mouthed and carried on with the class. 

"You're probably nervous but theres really no need to be, it's an all girls school so theres no guys to be scared of" Taeyeon said trying to be friendly with the new student as she walked her to her next class "well... Actually im really used to guys" hearing this from Yuri made her turn around facing the girl "really? You look so girly though" she gave a short laugh "Don't worry im not girly myself, i just didn't know how to approach you" Taeyeon smiled hearing this Yuri felt comfortable. The two carried on walking down the hall exchanging conversations and laughing to themselves. Yuri had made her first friend. Throughout the whole day Yuri stayed with Taeyeon they got on well, they had alot in common liking anime reading manga things like that. "I have geography last and i think you have maths so i guess this will be goodbye" taeyeon said to the taller girl. Yuri nodded and entered class.

It was last lesson and Jessica was already in her class with her elbow on the table and head resting on her hand she was thinking about the new student she felt bad that she didnt talk to her but problem was she didnt know how to approach her how to start a conversation with her or even get her attention, she shook her head after noticing that she had been thinking about her for quiet a while, maybe it was because Tiffany couldn't stop talking about her since this morning. 

 The door slid open and it was Yuri who stepped in this caught the whole classes attention espicially Jessica. Yuri quickly spoke to the teacher explaining to the teacher that she was the new student. The teacher nodded, smiled and pointed Yuri to a desk that was in front of Jessica's and Tiffany. Yuri walked down the classroom to her seat she noticed the blonde who she saw earlier laughing at her she let out a sigh she thought that Jessica would be the typical kid that would point out her weird accent and make fun of her. They locked eyes for a second and Jessica caught Yuri sighing whilst looking at her. Did  i do something wrong? Yuri sat infront of her and Jessica only stared at the back of her head made a shape of an "o" perhaps she saw her laughing earlier "S-sorry" Yuri raised her eyebrows in confusion and turned to the Blonde girl "what?" 

"For laughing at you, i um didn't mean to" Jessica looked Yuri in the eyes then stared at her desk. This was their first conversation? " oh, um thats okay" Yuri felt better that Jessica apologised perhaps she judged her wrong "my accent is pretty bad" she continued and let out a small laugh seeing Yuri smile for the first time made Jessica smile "i was exactly like you when i first came here thats why i was laughing " Jessica continued the conversation. "sorry i'm late!" The door was opened by Tiffany, the teacher gave her a disapproving look "just sit down" 

"yes miss" she quietly said feeling embarrased. Jessica sighed as Tiffany took a seat next to her she knew Tiffany would get excited seeing the new student sitting infront of them. Tiffany widened her eyes seeing yuri infront of them and looked back at Jessica "thats her right?" Tiffany mouthed and pointed at Yuri, Jessica rolled her eyes at her and opened a text book "alright just do these simple equations from 1 to 20. You can quietly talk among yourselves if there are any shouting of some sort. Tiffany Hwang. Then they'll be no talking in class for the rest of the year okay?" The teacher said looking espicially at Tiffany who is known to be the loud mouth in class. 

"De~" the whole class said in sync 

Yuri heard whispering behind her back it seemed like the two behind her were having some sort of arguement. 

"Dont" Jessica whispered softly slapping Tiffanys hand as she was about to tap Yuri's shoulder "dont worry" Tiffany whispered back and continued to tap yuri on the shoulder. Feeling the tap Yuri turned to the two girls "yeah?" 

"Hi" Tiffany smiled at Yuri showing her famous eye smile. Yuri laughed at Tiffany's awkward interaction "hi" she answered back. 

Before they knew it they ended up talking about themselves and reminiscing about America Tiffany and Yuri showed excitement through the way they talk in a really fast paced and loud voices. "Guys shh" Jessica tried to shut the two up. The bell rang and students stood up ready to leave "Tiffany Hwang, Kwon Yuri and Jessica Jung. Stay seated." The rest of the class left whilst the three sat down knowing they were being punished for talking loudly in class "but i barely said anything!" Jessica protested "miss Jung i could hear all three of you from the front now you three will stay behind and tidy up the classroom as punishment" the teacher made her way to the door and looked back at the three "you lot will be trouble for the whole year wont you" the teacher sad in a disatisfied tone and left the class. 

"This is so unfair" Jessica she meant it in a frustrated tone but she only appeared like a small toddler having a tantrum. The other two looked at her then started laughing "Yah!" Jessica hit the two on the head "pabos"

Yuri smiled at the cute Jessica and just like that Yuri's first day ended.