Final

You are.. ?
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A/N: it's weird.

 

It was the last night. He sat there, eyes trained on the frame in front. Light whispers were heard all over the room, but none of them dare break the silence of grieving. Visitors came by and left, not forgetting to give their condolences to what has been left of his family. Not that there was many anyway. He lived with a family of 4, his mother long gone, not surviving after giving birth to his younger brother, and that was already 16 years ago.

 

He was just a kid then, but he already understood it all, it’s not every day for little children to see their mothers lying in a casket, a peaceful smile pulled on their pretty faces. Maybe back then he failed to see how fake the peaceful smile was but as he grew older he knew. He just knew that not every dead people die in a serene calmness. Not every people leave the world with a smile. It was just a front to please the remaining family. A deception that can only be done by undertakers

 

And now he didn’t think he’d see the same scene so soon.

 

He heard sniffles to his right, without looking at the source, he held out his hand reaching for his brother, guiding his head to his shoulder. Sniffles grew to sobbing as he patted his brother’s head, comforting him.

 

“Condolence to your family” A voice says from his other side. Luhan only nodded robotically, not giving the person a glance. It may be rude, but he didn’t care. He was tired to care. He’s tired.  Completely fed up in everything, he’s been strong for so long that it slowly takes its toll on him.

 

He doesn’t know what to do anymore, all he wanted was an escape.

 

He just wanted to escape.

 

 

 

 

 

“..Ge”

 

Luhan shifted his eyes to his brother, he was looking at Luhan all puffy eyes, tired, confused, all lost just like him.

 

“Shhh Tao” Luhan rubbed his brother’s arms, placing his lips on the other’s head “I think you need to sleep”

 

Without another word, Luhan stood up, guiding his brother inside. Laying him on the couch, Tao didn’t remove his hand from his older brother's hold “Ge…. Don’t leave..”

 

Luhan nodded, swiping Tao’s bangs away from his forehead “I won’t”, Luhan pecked his brother’s forehead again as Tao’s eyes fall shut

 

Luhan hummed a song until his brother fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan stood outside playing with the lighter, cigarette remained between his lips, unlit. Back then he considered smoking an escape, it gave him a wonderful feeling whenever he was stressed.

 

It’s just that this time, it didn't worked like it did before. No matter how many times Luhan smoked these past few days, he hadn’t felt any relief. No. Not anymore.

 

 

It was slowly driving him insane.

 

 

 

 

Another lighter comes into view, lighting up his cigarette, Luhan at first was startled but when he felt a presence beside him, he immediately relaxed and muttered a small ‘thanks’

 

“No problem” he hears the stranger say, a deep melodic voice catching Luhan’s interest, making him look to the other

 

Luhan’s eyes unnoticeably widened as his gaze fall on the stranger. Stunned, the other was very handsome, tall nose, sharp jawline and luscious looking lips.. everything about him was taking his breath away. It didn’t help how those two brown orbs look at him so deep as if his every secrets are known.

 

“I’m sorry for your loss”

 

Luhan only nodded, still awestruck.

 

“I..”  he tried to speak, only to stop. Luhan was tongue tied. He can feel warmth running through his cheeks, and he’s sure it can’t be the cold.

 

“Isn’t weird don’t you think?” The stranger started, giving him a small smile before looking at the front. “..Yesterday you were just talking to someone then the next day that someone is already lying in their deathbed, all cold and unmoving.”

 

Luhan thinks it was weird to have this kind of conversation, he still remained tongue tied but was welcoming it.

 

Getting no answer, the stranger continued, looking back at Luhan “..And then you’ll realize that someday it’d be you lying there cold and unmoving”

 

 

“…and a fake smile on your face” Luhan added making the stranger ponder about his words, he gave him a small grin and reached for the cigarette in Luhan’s lips “Yeah.. a fake smile as if you’re happy not living in this world anymore… I hope you don’t mind” He lifted the stick, asking for permission before putting it between his lips.

 

Luhan only watched, a first real smile breaking its way to his face

 

They chatted some more after that, Luhan’s heart only swells, asking for more. He didn’t find smiling difficult with the stranger’s presence.

Please log in to read the full chapter