The Married Life

How Cute
Please log in to read the full chapter

            “Mhhhhhmm. Luhan, stop.” I said breathless, trying to break his impromptu make out session. “Why?” He asks, pressing his lips back to mine again. “We. Are. Going. To be. Late for. Work.” I reply between kisses. We roll around on the bed still lip locked. “There’s still. An. Hour.” He replies, pinning me under him. I roll back over, onto him. “No. I still have to get ready.” I say, putting a hand over his mouth so he can’t catch me again. He whimpers and looks at me with his doe-like eyes. I smile. “You’re cute but I still need to go to work.” I saw, climbing off of him. “Ugh, you are no fun. We’re married and you won’t even be late for me?” He whines, following me into the bathroom. “Luhan. Stop being so dramatic. You have work too by the way. I’ve never met such an irresponsible professor before.” I laugh as he wraps his arms around my waist. “Well, you sure didn’t marry me because I looked responsible, right?” He whispers, biting his lip. “Luhan, stop trying to seduce me. It isn’t going to work.” I laugh, turning and giving him a quick kiss.

                Luhan and I have been married for about a month now. It was a long time coming but everything finally worked. He was a year ahead of me in high school when we first met and started dating. The two of us met through my best friend Yixing. We dated until he graduated and went back home to Beijing. At first, we attempted a long distance relationship but it didn’t work out because his return was indefinite. We still kept in contact, as friends throughout the years. I didn’t date anyone else because I had a lot of lingering feelings that I couldn’t kick. He didn’t date either, but I wasn’t surprised when he admitted to doing others things.

                Luhan returned without word, surprising the crap out of me when he showed up at my University all dressed up with my favorite flowers. I still remember exactly what he said. “You must have missed me right? What has it been? Four years? Well, I’m back and I brought lilies.” He said, smiling brightly. While all my peers ooed and awed at the unexpected visitor, I nearly tackled him, overcome with happiness. Did I mention that this was in the middle of class and I got kicked out? Well it was.

                For the first few months, we spent a lot of time together, hanging out as friends. We’d see movies, go to amusement parks, shop and even just chill at each other’s apartments. Well, that was partially true anyway. He actually lived with me in my apartment for the greater part of a year to save money. I knew it was an odd idea, considering the circumstances but I was very much for it, I was actually the one that suggested it. When I told Yixing and my parents, they thought I was crazy, but I’d already made the decision. I lived alone in a three bedroom apartment, I didn’t see the harm in getting a roommate.

                Nine months after returned to Seoul and a month after he moved out of my place, we started dating again. I was really happy during that time. I thought that he was over me and over us. He admitted that he missed me a ton while he was living in Beijing, apologized for not visiting and asked if we could try again. This time around, I felt that are relationship was a lot better even though it was good before.

                Only seven months after we started dating for the second time, he proposed. I was ecstatic and again, very surprised but I readily accepted. We were engaged for five months and had are wedding around the date that would’ve been our 1 year dating anniversary. I moved into his place, because it was closer to work and nicer. Our wedding was pretty small, we invited only our closest friends and relatives. The money we saved on our wedding was spent on our Honeymoon. We had both always wanted to go to the Bahamas but neither of us had gotten the chance before. All in all, it was great.

                He was now a business professor at my previous university

Please log in to read the full chapter