In Thought

Lost

It all happened in an instant. Namjoon is speechless. Even with the high IQ that he has he cannot comprehend what just happened. Did his friend just fell off a cliff? How can he be so stupid?! The shouting of Jimin and Taehyung snaps him back. 

"Hyung! Hyung!"

"Don't die!"

 

Yoongi shuts them up. "Ya. Will your shouting bring him back up here? Shut your mouths."

Jimin's small eyes widened. He cannot believe what he just heard. "How can you be so calm? Aren't you worried about him?"

Yoongi sighs. "I am worried, you punk. But like I said shouting won't help. Let's compose ourselves and get ready to go down there." As one of the eldest, Yoongi knows he should not lose his mind. He glances at Namjoon and sees that he's still in shock. Looks like I'm momentarily in charge. He thinks to himself. 

"This mountain is not very steep so it won't be hard for all of us to go down." he adds. "Just be careful. I don't want us to lose another person."

With his words, everyone temporarily calms down. Jungkook is grateful that one person is able to bring the group together despite what just happened. Jimin realizes that what Yoongi said is true. Rather than wailing, they should look for Hoseok instead. He also realizes he has a long way to go before he reaches Yoongi's level of maturity.

 

"He's gonna be fine." Jin reassures Namjoon. But he himself is doubtful. 

Namjoon notices the uncertainty in his voice. "No need to comfort me. I'm prepared for the worst." He tells him. 

Jin is surprised with what he just said. Namjoon is not the type to say such things. On second thought, Namjoon probably just wants to expect the worst so there's no hope deffered. 

But not Jin. He's gonna hold on to the hope that Hoseok is still alive. "He's gonna be fine." He says once more with a former tone this time. 

 

"It's really fortunate that it's not raining today." Jungkook says, thinking about how it would be more difficult to go down a cliff when it's slippery.

"Let's go." Jin calls everyone. After ropes are secured, they all start going down. 

 

After about 30 minutes they reach the bottom. "That was surprisingly easy." Taehyung says as he removes the dirt all over him. 

The others do the same. "Now's the time to shout Taehyung and Jimin." Yoongi tells them. "He shouldn't be too far away from here."

 

"Hoseok! Jung Hoseok!"

"Hyung!"

"Hoseok-ah!"

 

They all call his name. But there's no response. Jimin starts to become impatient. "He should be able to hear us. Why isn't he responding?" He says. 

"He's probably unconscious." Jin answers. "Let's search the bushes." 

Everyone diligently searched for his body. Minutes, hours passed however, and they found none. 

"I'm tired." Jimin complains. 

"It's getting late too." Jungkook adds. 

"I think we should stay the night here and rest. As long as we don't find his body there's a chance that he's alive." Jin tells them. 

Everyone nods in agreement. 

 

Suddenly, they hear someone shouting from afar. Namjoon immediately stands up, thinking that there's danger. All of them anticipate what's about to come. As the person goes nearer to them, his voice also becomes clearer. 

Yoongi relaxes and goes to his tent. "It's Taehyung." 

The rest loosen up and sigh in relief. Jungkook is a bit irritated at Taehyung for causing a fuss. 

 

"Guys! Guys!" Taehyung says excitedly. He shows them a torn piece of cloth. "I found this." 

Everyone squints their eyes at the thing he's holding. They don't understand what he's so excited about. 

Taehyung realizes that none recognizes what he's holding so he enlightens them.

 

"This is a piece of hyung's shirt!"

 

*****

Hoseok's breaths are short and heavy. Tears are streaming down from his eyes. His heart is pounding so hard that he could hear it clearly. He hugs the woman's body like she's his. Without looking at her face, he caresses it so tenderly that she could feel the warmth of his hand. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He repeatedly says. He cannot stop apologizing. It's his fault that his first love died. If he had not forced her to go swimming with him by the river that day she'd still be alive. They'd still be together. 

Jihee. She's gone. He won't see her ever again. 

 

Yuna is utterly confused. But it's not because of the words Hoseok is saying nor his sudden acts of affection. She hates that she likes his touch. She could feel his warmth resonating in her body and she likes it. She feels... alive. 

But she's not alive. She's a vampire. She's dead. She gathers the strength left in her and pushes him away. She glares at him and snarls. "What do you think you're doing?" 

Hoseok stares at her, eyes blurry because of his tears. He sniffs and wipes off his messy face. He's slowly realizes what he'd done and he looks back at her. She's still glaring at him but she looks confused at the same time. "Oh. S-sorry I was just..." He muttered. He cannot find the right words to say. How can he answer the same question he asks himself? What did he just do? He blew off his chance of running away because of a stupid memory. 

"Whatever. We're both a mess. Let's go back." She tells him. Yuna attempts to stand up but she's badly injured. Hoseok ends up assisting her towards the car. 

Yuna lies down at the back of the car and Hoseok proceeds to the driver's seat. Before starting the engine, he speaks. "Just so you know, I don't have a license yet." 

She hisses at him. "Do you think that matters at this moment?! Hurry up." 

Hoseok just rolls his eyes. I can leave you behind if I wanted to, you know. She could at least act a bit kinder. It's not that hard. 

He's been driving for a couple of minutes and he becomes unsure of where to head next. He glances behind him to ask for directions but she's asleep. As he looks at her, he sees her neck full of wounds with all the choking and grabbing of the beast. She has slashes all over her body too. She looks fragile. 

He notices the movement of her chest. Rise, fall. Fall, rise. Is she... breathing? Probably not. He's not sure. Maybe a vampire thing. She looks like a normal human being at the moment. The only thing inhumane about her is her full red lips. He's sure it's not lipstick. 

She suddenly groans in pain. He flinches. Another groan. What's wrong with her? 

"Hey tell me where to go so we can be treated back at your place." He tells her. 

She groans once again. She must be in great pain he thought. He sees her slowly open as she tries to speak. "B..." she mutters. 

"What?" 

"Blood. I... need blood." She says in a soft, husky voice. 

Hoseok swears he can feel his heart drop from his ribcage as he realizes what those words mean. 

I knew I should've left you behind. 

But it's too late. His feet are glued to the brakes. His hands to the seat of the car. Yuna's eyes changes color from the color similar to his eyes to the color similar to her lips. He knows what's gonna happen next. 

He's going to die. 

 

Or so he thought. 

 

She sits up, leans close to his face. And without hesitation she slowly puts her lips onto his. 

 

People say that when two persons kiss, their heart rate synchronizes. But Hoseok is certain that theirs is not the case. It's only his heart that is beating fast like crazy. Has she lost her senses? Is she half-asleep? His head is full of questions, aware that a vampire is currently kissing him. 

Should he be thankful that she's not killing him instead?

She kisses his upper lip, then lower lip. He is completely frozen. What is someone supposed to do in this situation? It is literally life and death for him. 

Seconds which felt like years passed. A slight tinge of pain surprises him. Next, he tastes a metallic liquid which slowly oozed from his lips. Before he could even react she grabs his nape and all the blood, including those that are already in his chin. He yelps and draws back, breathing heavily as he stares at the her.

She raises her brows. He notices that all her wounds have healed. The fragile woman he saw a few minutes ago is a strong vampire once again. She speaks. "Don't assume things. I only your blood the least painful way." 

 


Update: 062817

Lol. After two years later.

Our boys have come a long way, haven't they? So successful. 

Please comment just for me to know that people are still interested. 

Thanks to those who subscribed!