In an Unknown Space

Lost

Jung Hoseok is not fond of heights. Every time he's a few meters away from Earth, his stomach twists and his chest squeezes. So when he finds out that their initial plan of jet skiing has been changed to mountain climbing, it was a no-brainer for him to refuse. 

But due to Taehyung's constant nagging, here he is at their meeting place, preparing for their travel. 

"Hey, is everything ready?" Namjoon asks everyone. It is the first time that they're doing an extreme activity together. He wants to make sure that they don't forget anything so there'll be no problems throughout the trip.

"Yes. I've double checked our things." Yoongi answers. He closes the back of the van and sits in front beside Jin, the only one capable of driving among the seven of them. He, Hoseok and Namjoon are still yet to getting their licenses while Jimin and Taehyung don't know anything about driving. Jungkook knows how to drive though, but he's still a minor.

Namjoon goes inside the van as well. "Jimin and Taehyung, don't goof around while we're on the mountain. I don't want accidents so you two should behave properly even just this once." he reminds the two sitting behind him.

"Why are we the only ones being nagged on here?" Taehyung complains and looks at Hoseok quite disdainfully. Jimin nods in agreement. "Yeah. You should tell him that too." he says.

To their dismay, they were just replied with a silent Namjoon and a grinning Hoseok.

 

Yoongi hears Jin's merry whistling and comments,"You seem excited."

Jin looks at him and smiles. "Of course, it's my first time to do this with everyone. It will be a great experience." he says. "I'm quite worried for Hoseok, though. He's scared of heights, isn't he? Do you think he'll be okay?"

Yoongi takes a look at Hoseok who's busy arguing with Jimin and Taehyung. "I'm not sure." he honestly replies.

Namjoon overhears their conversation and butts in. "Still the pessimist, Yoongi. He'll be fine. He wouldn't come with us if he's scared, would he?" he says.

"I think he was just irritated that Taehyung kept on bothering him to join." Yoongi says. 

"Guys, Jungkook is already sleeping. Let's take a picture with him." Jimin says out of nowhere with a mischievous smile. Everyone's eyes, except Jin's of course, shift to the youngest. His head is leaning on to the window while his arms are crossed above his chest and the headset he wears signals that he's not in the mood to talk to anyone.

"You punk, don't disturb people when they're sleeping." Yoongi tells him. The others except Jimin just laugh.

 

The whole trip went fast. There was no traffic and the noisy ones fell asleep including Yoongi so the whole van was quiet. When they are almost at their destination, Jungkook wakes up. "Are we there yet?" he asks.

"Almost." Jin shortly replies. "Wake the others up."

As the van stops in front of a cabin, everyone excitedly goes down and prepares their things.

"I wonder how long would it take us there?" Hoseok says as he puts on his backpack. He's pertaining about the trip to the peak of the mountain.

"I don't know." Yoongi says.

"I hope it's not that high." Hoseok worriedly says.

"Of course it's high. But this mountain's not too steep so there is nothing to worry about. You can do it." Namjoon says while patting his back.

"I'll be fine." he smiles reassuringly.

"Well then, let's get going." Yoongi tells everyone.

 

The terrain is generally grassy and full of tall trees and bushes. And because it's rainy season, the ground is somewhat moist so the boys are currently having a hard time climbing. Jin leads the way because he's the one who memorizes the route, then followed by Namjoon, Jungkook, Yoongi, Jimin, Taehyung, and lastly, Hoseok. Everyone quietly walks up the mountain.

"We're lucky it isn't raining today." Jungkook suddenly says.

"If you say that, it might actually happen you know." Taehyung jokes.

"Eyes front, everyone. It will be dangerous if one of us gets lost." Jin says.

"Guys, can you wait here for a minute? I have to urinate." Hoseok tells them.

Everyone stops to wait for him. "Don't go too far!" Jimin shouts.

"Yeah, bears might eat you!" Taehyung teases. Namjoon nudges him at his side.

"Ouch!"

 

Hoseok goes to a nearby tree, puts down his bag and does his thing. He smiles to himself, quite proud that he managed to somehow fight his fear.He then starts thinking whether he can do more challenging activities in the future. Sky jumping? Parachute? He shakes his head. Quite too early for those. Anyway, he still got a mountain to climb so he should focus on it first.

He is so filled with unnecessary thoughts that he doesn't notice the small rock in front of him. He trips and lands on his stomach. Good thing it doesn't hurt. He swiftly stands, puts on his backpack and runs toward his friends.

Taehyung sees him, and Hoseok hears him shout something but he couldn't hear him.

What he knows is that they all looked worried, and even Yoongi who is usually calm is panicking. He doesn't understand. What are they all fussing about? Then he thought... Ah, they're pulling those kind of pranks to scare him again. Pretending that there's something or someone behind him and shouts. They've done it a lot of times and he's been fooled a lot of times. But not today.

"You can't fool me!" he shouts and runs toward them.

He sees Namjoon's expression change from worried to angry then shouts, "head! Don't run! You'll--"

 

It was too late.

 

Everything happened too fast. He can't remember the exact details. All he knows is that he fell from a cliff just right behind him back then. Where is he? Why can't he move? Is he dead? Are they searching for his body right now? His head hurts. He is thinking too much.

 

He deeply breathes and realizes he's still alive.

 

He slowly opens his eyes and realizes he's at hell.

 

Both of his hands and feet are tightly cuffed and he can't move an inch. His clothes are muddy and all worn out. He looks worse than a prisoner. With another deep breath, he smells something odd and rather unpleasant.

 

Like dead meat in the market that was freshly cut.

 

He felt like vomiting.

 

There is something wrong with the place. 

 

Other than the smell, the appearance of the room looks odd too. The walls are painted white, but there are lots of red marks in it. Hand prints, scratches, splashes. Random marks indeed.

 

Rather than works of art, they seem more like works of torture and violence.

 

Hoseok shudders at the thought. He wonders if the air that he is breathing is really oxygen. He then thinks that maybe his current ability to breathe is just some kind of an illusion to fool him that he's still alive.

But in reality, he's dead, and that he's about to receive his divine punishment.

He immediately pushes the thought away. 

He scans the room once more. There are curtains, but weirdly there are no windows behind them. The floors and ceiling are white as well and they are not exempted with the random red marks similar in the walls. Suddenly, his gaze turns right and he sees a large, white bed. Plain but looks elegant in its own way.

He pauses when he notices something moving underneath the bed sheets. A hand pulls down the sheet from its face and he realizes that it is a woman. He can't clearly see her face because she's sleeping but he can tell that she's very attractive. Oddly attractive. Long, black hair, fair skin, and full, red lips. It's the first time he has seen such a perfect face. He closes his eyes and shakes his head. He must be hallucinating. There's no way that everything he's currently seeing is true. Not when there is a possibility that he might be dead already.

But when he opens his eyes, she's still there. She just lies there peacefully and quietly. Another good looking woman comes in from a door that he hasn't noticed earlier. She is wearing a black shirt and a pair of jeans. It's the first time he has seen something that is not odd since he woke up.

He can't help but smirk despite not knowing the situation he's in. 

Come to think of it, how long has he been in this place? One day? One week? One month? He doesn't feel very hungry so surely it's not one year.

The woman approaches the one that is sleeping. "Madam, wake up. Your dinner's ready." she says.

Hoseok arches an eyebrow as he sees that the woman hasn't brought anything with her. He also wondered why she didn't look surprised when both of their eyes met. He is obviously in an unpleasant position and yet she doesn't help him. He can't bring himself to speak up though. He can't help but just anticipate what's going to happen next.

After a few taps on the shoulder, the sleeping woman wakes up. As opposed to the simple clothing of the other girl, this one is wearing a long black, sleeping gown. Her gaze immediately lands on him. She stands up and approaches him and Hoseok suddenly feels like he's being examined. Accurately enough, the woman stares at him with crossed arms from head to toe before commenting. 

"He's thin." she says.

Emotionless, rude, and straightforward. Those are Hoseok's impression on the girl. Quite the opposite of what he had expected. He thought she was more of the gentle kind. But other than thinking about impressions, what the hell is going on? It seems that the dinner that the other girl was pertaining to is him. There's no doubt about it. What are they? Cannibals? 

 

He's too confused to even feel afraid.


update: 050715

Thanks for subscribing and /or reading.

Sorry for the not-so-exciting first chapter lol. I'm just building up the mood for now.

It'll be more interesting in the next chapters, so please anticipate them.

 

Oh, and say hi to Hobi's fabulous body rolls.

      

Look at  this y sht.

Both gifs are mine. Please don't use without my permission. :)