1/1

Dear Darling
*Please read the description before you start reading*
 
Song inspired: Dear Darling-Olly Murs and All of Me-John Legend
 
 
"Dear Darling, please excuse my writing
 
I can't stop my hand from shaking, cause I'm cold and alone tonight
 
I miss you and nothing hurts like no you
 
No one understands what we went through"
 
 
 
 
Post-it notes to Zitao and Yifan, were the reassurance of love.
 
 
'Here's to another year of us, let's make this the 2nd of many more to come. We'll be together forever, I feel it'
2009/01/01 - Our 2nd anniversary! 
 
 
-2010/04/07-
 
"I'm sorry I work so much. I love you, always remember that."
 
 
'You're so perfect. Thank you for being born into this world'
2011/05/02- My 21st Birthday! ^_^
 
 
-2012/08/24-
 
"We have a new manager, she's from the L.A branch"
 
 
'I wish I could have more days off. But we need the money, we'll make it work. I promise. Love you, always'
2012/09/30- 1st day of Yifan's business trip, found this note on our fridge :( I miss you! Please come home :'(
 
 
-2012/12/24-
 
"I told you, she doesn't like me. Don't be stupid."
 
 
'I love you'
2012/12/31- We couldn't spend the new year together... Our 5th anniversary tomorrow.
 
 
-2013/05/02-
 
"I told you, it's just work!"
 
 
--------------
 
 
 
2013/07/22 - Sent - 06:03pm
To: Yifan
 
Message: Will you be home for dinner?
 
2013/07/22 - Sent - 08:20pm
To: Zitao
Message: Sorry babe, work needs me.
2013/07/22 - Sent - 08:25pm
To: Yifan
Message: It's okay, wake me up when you get home :) Love you.
 
No new message(s)
 
 
--------------
 
 
'There will never be anyone else'
2008/01/01 - Our 1st year together. And you have saved me, in more ways than you'll ever know.
 
--------------
 
 
-2013/11/30

"I'm sorry Zitao..I-I'm in love with someone else."
 
"It's okay, you've given me more than enough. More time than I ever could afford. More love than I ever knew existed." 
 
"I'll move out tomorrow."
 
"Okay."
 
"I'm sorry."
 
"No, don't be. Thank you."
 
 
--------------
 
 
-2016/03/25
 
"Long time no see, Yifan." Kyungsoo offered a small smile as he took a sip from the overly bitter coffee.
 
"Yes, how have you been?" Yifan offered a polite smile in return.
 
"I've been well. It's been over a year, has it not? Since we last saw each other."
 
"Yes. How are you and Jongin?" 
 
"We're the same, he's still as messy as ever. But he has been a good father to our children." Kyungsoo chuckled, as a small smile spread on Yifan's face from the mention of children.
 
"Ah that's good. How are the kids?"
 
"Cheeky brats." Kyungsoo snorted, but eventually let a fond smile slip.
 
"And how.. how is he?" Yifan asked in a scarce whisper, biting his lips as he nervously played with the rim of his coffee cup.
 
"He's.."
 
"Do you think he'd take me back if I ask him to marry me?"
 
Kyungsoo swallowed thickly before answering. "Y-you mean you don't know? It has been a little over a year..."
 
"For what?" A confused look spread across Yifan's handsome features.
 
"He disappeared on us all." 
 
The world stood still for Yifan. A painful ache throbbed at his chest as he forced himself to remain composed.
 
 
--------------
 
 
Yifan came back to their shared appartment that day. The set of keys that remained with him still fits. Zitao hadn't changed the lock.
 
"Yifan? Is that you?" It was their landlord.
 
"Ah yes. It has been a while." 
 
"You're still as handsome as ever." The old lady smiled.
 
He offered a small smile in return. "Zitao... When did he move out?" 
 
"He moved out at the start of last year. Which reminds me, he left a book here. It looks like a diary filled with post it notes." The landlord smiled and got up to retrieve the item.
 
Yifan's hand shook as it landed on the familiar leather diary. It was Zitao's. He knew that the younger kept his post it notes in there. Yifan always thought it was cute that Zitao was so secretive about it.
 
He bid goodbyes to their old landlord and headed out to his car parked outside. Yifan hesitated for a while before carefully opening the diary. Once he did, memories of his 6 years with Zitao came rushing back like waves crashing against the shore. He felt his heartstrings tug from the sense of familiarity, home and love which emanated from the man that he had shared everything with. And at that moment he knew that he could never love anyone as much as he loved and still loves Zitao. For every inch of his soul seemed to belong to the other, no matter how hard he tried to erase the shadow of his first love. 
 
Yifan cried the hardest he has ever cried as he reached the last part of the diary. Tear drops drenched the pages of writing as every word seemed to pierce through his soul until he could no longer breathe properly.
 
 
2015/01/01
 
To my dearest Yifan,
 
 
I wonder if you'll ever get your hands on this book. But then again, you've always been good at finding things that are lost. Just like how you found me.
 
We were so young, and I was always so alone. At the time, it seemed like death was my only escape. It was so inviting, and like a drug, I became addicted to the thought of dying. On that summer day, I was ready to end it all but then I saw you. You were so full of life and for a second I started to wonder if I could, by any chance, be like you. You turned and looked at me, a questioning look on your face that slowly turned into a slight smile and I thought.. How could I die without seeing that smile again?
 
You saved me that day. Without having to lift a finger, so effortlessly and it was the first of the many times that you saved me.
 
Your feelings was always so transparent and from that, I knew just how much you loved me. I often wondered if you would ever run out of love for me because you loved me so much, too much and every ounce of that love, I felt. But all beautiful things come to an end and it seems like I'm still not used to the end of us although nearly two years have passed. 
 
You've given me more time than I deserved. For all the love that you've given me, I eventually came to love you more than myself and it feels like there is no me without you. 
 
But now, I've used up all my time and life has been more than generous, letting me experience those wonderful six years with you. More than anything, my last wish is for you to be loved more than you love by the next person. 
 
I know how hard you tried to get me to love myself, but how can I? How can I when love itself to me, comes in the form of loving you? After reading this, please forget about me. Make it so that I'll be the only one that remembers us because you always, always deserved more. 
 
I've kept my promise, until death do our love apart.

Always yours,

Zitao

 

--------------

 

Yifan stood in front of Zitao's grave as he placed his love's diary in the glass box which contained a few of the younger's personal items. A newer looking post-it note stuck inside a new page.
 
'Even after death. Wait for me'
2016/05/02 - Your 26th birthday. Our 9th year. My last note. I love you always, I have never stopped.