24 Hours of Rain

24 Hours of Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunseung had just broken up with Yoonmi a few hours ago and his mind was filled with regret. He stood up and looked out his bedroom window.

“Maybe a walk outside will clear my mind,” he said to himself.

He grabbed his coat and headed out the door, but just as he did, rain started to pour down.

“Great, just what I need,” he mumbled as he kept walking.

The rain only reminded him more of Yoonmi because she loved the rain. Everytime it rained, she’d always bug Hyunseung until he walked outside with her in the rain. Those were the moments Hyunseung treasured dearly. Seeing her smile and hold his arm tightly warmed his heart, but without her, his heart felt like it was shattered ice.

Hyunseung sighed,”why did I break up with you...”

On his way to the park, he passed a po jang macha (small tented restaurant) and decided to wait there until it stopped raining.

“I’m sorry sir, but if you’re going to stay here, you must by something,” an old man said. Hyunseung guessed he was the owner, so he nodded politely and ordered a small bottle of soju.

Hours passed and the rain still hadn’t stopped, and Hyunseung still had to buy to stay there so the number of bottles of soju kept going up. Other customers glanced at him worriedly, but he didn’t care. The soju only made him feel better as memories of Yoonmi were hazy now. Everything felt like it was just a dream coming to an end.

~~~

Meanwhile outside, Yoonmi was taking a stroll enjoy the rain as she always does when it rains, except this time, without Hyunseung. As she passed the po jang macha, she noticed a man with many soju bottles on his table. She took another glance at the man and realized the man was Hyunseung. She entered the tent and pulled her umbrella down. She sat down in the seat across from Hyunseung and looked at him with an unsettled expression.

Hyunseung looked up at her.

“Who-who are y-you?” he stuttered.

Yoonmi figured that he couldn’t tell who she was because his vision was blurred from all the soju he drank.

She shook her head and smiled,”how long have you been drinking?”

Only a jumble of words that Yoonmi couldn’t understand came out his mouth.

“He’s been here ever since it started raining,” a man at another table said.

Yoonmi looked at her watch to see what time it was.

“He’s been drinking for 3 hours?” she thought.

“I’m sorry ma’am, but it’s time for me to close the tent,” the owner said.

“You owe me, Hyunseung,” Yoonmi thought.

She handed the owner the amount of money Hyunseung owed for all the soju bottles he ordered. Yoonmi got her umbrella and helped Hyunseung stand up with his arm over her should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter