PROLOGUE

THE BYUNS' EXCLUSIVE

Okay, in five, four, three, two..

Host Jinhwan: “My idol is this, my idol is that, my Idol Exclusive~ Welcome to Idol Exclusive! Today is a very beautiful day isn’t it, Seokyung?”

Host Seokyung: “Yes, Jinhwan, the sun is exceptionally bright and the people are calmly relaxing at home.”

Jinhwan: “Ah, but not everyone. The beaches are packed with foreigners and locals alike.”

Seokyung: “It seems like everyone is trying to find ways to get relief despite the summer heat.”

Jinhwan: /fans self/ “Is the summer heat getting in the studio, or is it just me?”

Seokyung: “Well, what better way to escape the summer heat than with Sunny 10!” /says sunny 10 slogan/

Jinhwan: “That’s right! /says sunny 10 nutritional facts/”

Seokyung: “Should we buy them now?”

Jinhwan: “Now?”

Seokyung: “Yes!”

Jinhwan: “But our guests are going to be great today!”

Seokyung: “Ah, really?”

Jinhwan: “Yes, because today for Idol Exclusive, we look into the summer love story of South Korea’s most successful actor, Byun Baekhyun and his lovely wife Son Yejin!”

Seokyung: “Ah, really? That’s so exciting! Didn’t Baekhyun-ssi just win an award recently?”

Jinhwan: “Yes and his wife were with him in the red carpet all the way to the end of the show.”

Seokyung: “How envious! Yejin is a very great artist, right? I buy her paintings because I find them colorful and fun but not too overwhelming.”

Jinhwan: “Don’t they seem like a power combo? They are both successful in their careers and now with hearts as one, they are unstoppable.”

Seokyung: “Please welcome..”

Jinhwan: “Byun Baekhyun and Son Yejin!”

 /audience claps; Baekhyun and Yejin emerge from behind the LED, their hands intertwined/

BGM: Darling – Girls’ Day

Baekhyun: “Annyeonghaseyo~” /bows politely to the audience/

Yejin: “Annyeonghaseyo.” /also bows politely/

Jinhwan: “Ne, annyeonghaseyo, annyeonghaseyo, have a seat please.”

/both are now seated/

Seokyung: “It’s so nice to see both of you today.”

Jinhwan: “Considering it’s the first time we did a feature about you two, how do you feel right now?”

Baekhyun: “Ah.. Nervous?”

Jinhwan: /chuckles/ “Really? But it doesn’t show.”

Baekhyun: “Yes, I suppose those many years of acting paid off.”

Seokyung: “To think that just last night you won Best Actor in the movie The Survivor.”

Baekhyun: “Ah, yeah, and I was really not expecting it! But thank you for giving The Survivor a lot of love! Thank you! /waves and eyesmiles to the camera/ and also.. thank you for giving me a lot of love, Jagi. /turns to Yejin and grins playfully/”

Seokyung: “Waah, we’re not even starting and Baekhyun-ssi is already flirting with Yejin-ssi.”

Baekhyun: “It is a married man’s pride to flirt with his wife. /chuckles/”

Yejin: “Yah, Baekhyun, we’re on TV. /chuckles too/”

Baekhyun: “It is a married man’s pride to flirt with his wife even on TV.”

Yejin: “That’s romantic Baekhyun, although a bit inappropriate.”

Baekhyun: “Aniya! It’s sweet!”

Jinhwan: “Well, it sure is. From the looks of it, Baekhyun-ssi seems to be the more romantic type and Yejin-ssi seems to be the more quiet type.”

Baekhyun: /nods/ “Even in her sleep she doesn’t say anything.”

Yejin: “Baek, you don’t talk in your sleep, when you sleep, you sleep.”

Jinhwan: “Does Baekhyun talk in his sleep then?”

Yejin: /chuckles/ “Sometimes.. when he’s tired from film shooting.”

Baekhyun: “Yah! That rarely ever happens!”

Yejin: “No. It happens often.”

Seokyung: “What do you do when he sleep talks?”

Yejin: “I answer his questions.”

Baekhyun: “I do not talk in my sleep.”

Yejin: “Oh, but you do, Jagi. You do.”

Jinhwan: /laughs/ “Does he go like, ‘Jagi, kiss me.’?

Yejin: “No, no, it’s more of complaining.”

Jinhwan: “’The film director is really tiring me~’”

Baekhyun: “I don’t say that. I’ll lose my job.” /laughs/

Yejin: “You say it sometimes.”

Seokyung: “Look into the camera and quickly do damage control.” /laughs/

Baekhyun: /laughs; looks into the camera/ “Film director-nim, I am terribly sorry for talking in my sleep and complaining.”

Yejin: “So you do talk in your sleep?”

Baekhyun: “I—but you said I talked sometimes!”

Yejin: /laughs/ “ And you admitted it.”

Jinhwan: /laughs; imitates Baekhyun/ “It is a married man’s pride to be made fun of by his wife even on TV.”

Baekhyun: “Why did it come to this?”

/all laugh/

Seokyung: “It seems that the nervous atmosphere has finally faded away then?”

Jinhwan: “Oh, yes, yes. I didn’t even notice!”

Baekhyun: “You didn’t even notice until you were all making fun of me?” /laughs; feigns hurt expression/

Yejin: /turns to Baekhyun; laughs; kisses his cheek/ “There, there, little puppy. It’s always funny when the joke’s on someone else.”

Baekhyun: “Ah, just you wait, Jagi, I’m going to get you back.”

Yejin: “Yeah, yeah~”

Seokyung: “It’s nice to know that you’ve finally become comfortable here.”

Jinhwan: “That’s why it’s a bit hard to say that we’ll go to commercial right at this moment.”

Baekhyun: /laughs/ “Ah, no. It’s fine.”

Seokyung: “Well then, when we come back, we will start the feature presentation with interesting questions that our viewers have sent in.”

Jinhwan: “My idol is this, my idol is that, my idol exclusive~ Idol Exclusive will be right back! Don’t change the channel!”

And.. commercial break.

 

 

[ Author’s POV ]

Yejin stood up right after the commercial jingle came on and Baekhyun followed her.

“Jagi, are you stil nervous?” he asked, holding her arm gently so that she looks at him. Her eyes were relaxed but Baekhyun can tell that she’s fighting really hard to not let it show. He knows what she’s thinking. Baekhyun’s finally made our relationship known and I want to be happy for him. He admired that, he admired how much she values their relationship and how much she’s invested in it but he also knows that she wasn’t really into these interviews. He knows she finds it really intimidating when other people try to ask her about her relationship with Baekhyun. Because he also knows what she had to go through in this relationship.

“Baekhyun, it’s not that I hate this.. I just..” she paused, looking away.

“I know you’re not used to this but see,” he placed her hand in his and pressed it against his chest, “I’m here, Jagi. Throughout this interview. Lean on me.” He said while tilting his head adorably. She giggled, remembering the times that they had fought and how unfair he was to just tilt his head in that cute way and in an instant, she would already forgive him.

Yejin, breathed a sigh and stared lovingly at her husband. His silky brown locks curled neatly on top of his head, his beautiful nose, his soft thin lips, and lastly his sparkly, sincere eyes that always remind her that everything will be okay as long as they’re together.

“Thank you, Baekhyun.” She said finally as he ran his fingers through her short straight hair. She was always opting for the simpler look and he loved that about her. She was simply beautiful without even trying.

After a few minutes, he held her hair softly in his slender fingers but he didn’t make a move to touch her or wrap his arms around her, she was always fussy when people touch her when she was nervous.

“Jagi?” he asked her after a while.

“Hm?”

“Why don’t you call me ‘Jagi’ too?”

With that, Yejin just giggled and moved in his arms to wrap his arms around her protectively.

“Jagi?”

“Hm?”

“That ‘getting back’ on you thing? I mean it.”

“Huh?”

“I’ll get revenge on you for making fun of my sleep talking.”

Yejin giggled again and this time, Baekhyun placed a chaste kiss on her forehead.

“Sure thing.” She whispered in his chest.