Chapter 3

Yours, Unofficially
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Khun, please stop entertaining the fans. I don’t want our relationship to gain more attention.” She calmly called the other one through her phone. Again, she was pacing back and forth the veranda of her dear friend and stylist far from Seoul. She was angry about her boyfriend answering the tweets of their so-called ‘shippers’ because as much as possible, she wants the topic of their relationship to be buried deep into the history of scandals of the idol world. What if the two of them broke up? There will be another issue and the media will appear here and there asking for reasons and presuming things about this and that. Plus, the rages of the fans won’t help at all.

Why was she thinking about this anyway? They both swore to love each other ‘til the end anyway.

“We’ll love each other through the years, right? Even if it becomes you and me against the world, you won’t let go of my hand, hm?” She said, staring straight into the eyes of the tall man in front of him. She knew that the path that they took will be hard for both of them but they still insisted to be together. And now they’re slowly paying the price.

“Listen, I promise to not let go of your hand even if my fans bash or try to harm you. Don’t listen to those people who you do not know, okay? Keep that in mind because when time comes, it’ll be your turn to debut, you’ll have haters as much as your fans. And I’ll love you, and only you.” He cupped her cheeks and slowly leaned in to plant a soft kiss on her lips, sending her reassurance that their love will be forever. And then he whispered, “Promise me that you’ll love me ‘til the end?” he smiled genuinely to the woman that he loves.

“I promise to love you more than you have given me, Oppa!” She showed him her eyesmile: true and sincere.

Well, she also swore to someone the same thing years ago.

“Please, Fany? They’re so cute and adorable. And I want the world to know that you’re mine.” He reasoned out at the other end of the line, trying to convince his girlfriend that his actions are not just for the sake of attention.

“And…what benefit would we get about that?” Tiffany groaned in annoyance. Her boyfriend still doesn’t get it. She wants to have a peaceful life away from the fans, at least.

“Well, that would give us a more public and free life outside our dorms? I want to desensitize those fans so it’ll be okay for them to see idols date here and there without getting their hearts broken.”

“Khun, it’s not that! I don’t want a public life, okay? I don’t want others peering on what’s happening on our real life. Come on, Khun. Please, you’re hurting most fans’ hearts because of what you’re doing. You’re showing me off to the fans, right? Slapping to their faces that ‘hey, I got the idol that you’ve wanting to be yours, hah. Scram off.’ Is that what you want?!“

“Why is this always the topic that we fight about for the past months? God, Fany, do you value those stupid fans’ feelings more than mine?! It was me who saved you from your previous heartbreak and s in the past.”

“Because you keep on doing it over again! And wow, and now you’re spatting those things that I thought you’ve done on your own accord. Sorry, I forced you to feed me with your time and attention because I was so damn wrecked that time! And yes, a thousand feelings of other people that I don’t personally know matter more than your selfishness!” She ended the call and went back to the guest’s room, not knowing the tears that she had been shedding since their fight started. Privacy was what she only wanted but the person who’s supposed to understand it as much as she does doesn’t seem to realize a bit. Maybe he thought that he was doing it for the both of them but for Tiffany, he was doing it for himself.

And those were the last words that they spoke for the week. Not one of them dared to lower their pride and apologize to one another. Though she was lonely because no one would text her until midnight except her close friends, she still felt upset every time she would think of their argument again. How could someone be so selfish? She knew she isn’t a perfect person but to show others her selfishness isn’t an ideal move.

She went back to her dorm in Seoul where she spent time with Sunny; Sunday is a free day for SNSD due to the finished promotions of Holler and their work will resume on Wednesday. It was a boring day as they both only planned to eat, play games, and talk about things. But then an unexpected guest went to their dorm.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter