[Hansol] The Lonely Gangster

The Teddy, The Gangster & The Prince
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The shade from our tree hid my face as I stood over a trembling Byungjoo as he shrunk away from me.

I glared down at him. My voice pricking him as I screamed, "I'm going to punch you!"                                                                                                                

He seemed to shrink further into himself as I took a step towards him. We were where we always were near the cubbyhouse we had claimed as ours at the back of our school.

We'd been friends for almost a year and today was my last day at preschool, ever. Byungjoo still had two more years and I could tell he would miss me.

 

... But I would probably miss him a whole lot more.

 

As a graduation present to me, Byungjoo said we could play gangsters for once and he was really good at playing the victim.I grinned down at him viciously before stepping closer again.

I then mockingly crouched down to his level, a grimace lighting my features as I glowered at the wimp who owed me money.

"If you don't give me the money, B-joo. I'm going to shoot!" I made a gun with my hands and held it to his forehead.

B-joo just continued cowering against the wall. The gangster in me revelled at the weakness on display. As I moved to flip the safety off and pull back the trigger; I was airborne for a short moment before crashing to the ground, surrounded by a trembling ball of Byungjoo.

“You’re so scary, Hansol! Never call me B-joo ever again!” I lay there dumbfounded I felt the dampness of tears seep through my dark shirt, making me uncomfortable but I didn’t move.

I lay there on the grass with my hands spread out, fake gun forgotten; the small boy on my chest lifted his head to look at me. I was helpless as I looked into his devastated expression.

At that time I didn’t understand the tickling sensation in my chest but it was a sensation that would continue until it eventually consumed everything.

I sighed at the clear sky above me as I placed my hand on his head. Guilt tripped my stomach to replace the tickles as I attempted to calm him down.

 

“I’m sorry, Byungjoo. No more playing gangster, okay?”

 

He continued to look into my eyes; I became distracted by the softness of his dark brown hair as it trailed through my little fingers.

“I’m sorry too, Hansollie, I’m just going to miss you lots!” His sad face turned into an over exaggerated pout.

I removed my hands from his hair and pinched his cheeks.

“Keep pouting and I will punch you next time! You wimpy prince!” A quick grin lit up his features before he leapt to his feet and began running away; shouting over his shoulder.

“You’ll have to catch me first, you poopy gangster!”

I didn’t waste any time before running after him; my small feet almost tripping over themselves in my haste to catch up.

We were still running in circles when our parents arrived for the official graduation ceremony.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see our fathers standing together gossiping while our mother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter