Perfect

Perfect

Perfect

It was just another Friday night; the boys and I were walking to the bar as usual, when suddenly he was there. Eyes downcast, hair concealing his face, walking without watching where he was going. 

Minhyun was talking animatedly to Aron, and walked directly into him, making them both stumble. 

"Oh sorry!" Minhyun exclaimed, and we all stopped and looked at the newcomer, who revealed his face at that moment.

And I was gone.

Because if he wasn't the cutest guy I had ever seen.

"I-It's okay, I-I was l-looking at the g-ground, it was st-stupid, I-I..." He looked nervous; as if he was afraid we would hurt him or something. "Hey, it's okay! Are you alright?" He just nodded and looked back down. "Hey, someone like you shouldn't walk around alone at night!" Aron said with a hint of mischief, eyeing the boy’s delicate features. His hands clenched as he stared back at Aron with venom in his eyes and replied "Could say the same about you dickhead!" And for the first time ever I saw Aron speechless. The guy looked scared, like he regretted his outbreak, but then Aron laughed out loud and swung an arm around the pretty boys shoulder whilst saying "I like you! We're going to The Utopian, wanna join?" The pretty one smiled and said that yes, he would love to, and introductions were made while I was still in awe. His looks and attitude combined, I thought this might be an evil prank from faith, because this one was too ing perfect. Something had to go wrong. 

I came to my senses as Aron's introduction round reached me: "and this is our fairy-prince, Junior Royal!" I punched him in the arm that wasn't wrapped around the beauty as I retorted "and this is our dickhead, Aron, but you already pointed that out!" "Ouch man! Jeez, you keep forgetting that you have huge muscles now!" "No, you keep forgetting I have huge muscles now" I laughed as he skulked. "I'm Ren" the pretty one said, and chuckled at our confused expressions. "What kind of name is that?" Baekho asked. "My name" he cheekily replied, and if I hadn't liked him before, I defiantly would have around now. "So anyway, do you reeeally think that Sohee would like that? I really need an honest answer guys!" Minhyun continued the previous conversation as if nothing had happened, while we began walking to the bar again. The others answered like before, that he knew her best, and they really had no idea, while I totally casually and smoothly slit up on the other side of Ren and asked "soooo where were you going?" He sent me a cute timid smile and said "I don't really know, I just walked" 

While inwardly scolding myself because this guy was way out of my league and probably straight as well, I asked him to explain, and he said that his parents never let him go anywhere, so it was nice to just be out for once. "Lucy you ran into us then, we’re the funniest people in the world! Baek, get newkid a beer, we have to show him a good time!" Aron half shouted, then he turned back to Minhyun and continued the discussion about the latter's girl trouble. Baekho got Ren a can of beer from his bag, and went back to his phone, trying to convince Chaerin to bring the girls and meet us at the bar.

The night was unusually quiet. 

"I don't really drink" Ren said as he eyed the can. "You don't have to. But if you're gonna do it tonight, do it now, 'cause that right there is as tasty as it's gonna get" I replied. 

"Sooo" he said "Junior Royal huh?" I face palmed as my cheeks gained a nice pink color. "Yeah, please just JR" "Okay then. So, what's the story?" "Well... Uh my dad is a really good cook, and when these dorks came to eat at my place they crowned him the king, and so naturally I was Junior Royal"

"Naturally"

"My friends are weird okay"

"The day JR moved away from home was a sad day for us all!" Baekho said while faking dramatic tears. "I know! And after tasting his cooking, I actually thought about withdrawing his title! You would think he at least learned something from his father" Aron answered. "Well, living together was your idea, and I still regret it to this day. And my cooking is fine thank you very much" I said, only a tiny bit offended, but mostly just hoping Ren didn’t mind my idiotic friends.

The small talk continued, and the more I talked to him, the more unfair the world seemed. When we arrived at the bar the girls immediately coed over how cute Ren was, and he blushed like a tomato. 

We sat down at our usual table, though Chaerin dragged Aron to the dance floor after a minute. Baekho gave me a look, before he walked back a little, so I could sit beside Ren. This is only part of the reason why he is such a good guy. I was actually quite surprised that nobody had said anything yet. 

"Hey JR! Long time no see man!" Joon, a guy I may or may not know trough my time in gay bars, greeted me with a warm smile. "Hey Joon! How's it going?" "Oh great, just meeting some friends, wanna join?" He gave me a hopeful smile, and I hated myself, but I had made a promise to myself to stop leading him on.

"Nah, not tonight" I said with a kind of forced smile. He’s not a bad guy at all, just…

"Ah too bad, but I hope to see you around!" He said, looking a little defeated. "Yeah, sure!" He left, and had both Sohee and Miyun stared longingly after him (while Minhyun was trying to figure out how to kill him without Sohee noticing). "I still don't understand why you don't try your luck with him JR, he's totally into you! Too bad" Miyun said with a pout. I laughed and tried my best to not look at Ren. "Eh, he's really not my type you know? Too... Muscular…" She stared at me as if had grown an extra head. "How the can someone be “too muscular” " She asked, dumbfounded. "Well, I just prefer guys who are a bit more feminine" I said while very subtly looking anywhere but Ren. "Oh you men like Ren?" 

...

Oh go to hell

 

Ren just stared at us for a couple of seconds, then he exclaimed "oh, that's what fairy-prince meant! I was wondering about that, but I was kinda afraid of some crazy story involving you and a fairy costume" He gave the brightest of laughs and Miyun joined, saying that wouldn’t surprise her. After he calmed down he asked "so, do you find me attractive?" like he was asking about the freaking weather. I needed to swallow something before answering that. "Uhm y-yeah, I do" "Aww, thank you!" He said, while still grinning widely. Then he flicked his hair dramatically, causing everyone who heard to burst out laughing, while I just kinda really wanted the ground to swallow me. But I have never been a good liar, and I kinda possibly wanted him to know that I was interested. You know. Just in case.

As the night proceeded, my awkwardness after being caught slowly faded, especially after Beakho challenged me to a dance battle, and I ing destroyed him. There was a moment though, where Chaerin asked Ren for a dance, and all of us realized that he in fact hadn't danced yet, and he was immediately forced to the floor. And . Let me just say that he is really gifted on the, hrm, behind area, and he was wearing really tight jeans okay? 

After that, fate is cruel, so he was the only one returning to our seats, while everybody but me was on the floor. I had danced a lot by then, was sweaty and sporting a minor . As I said, fate hates me.

"Why aren't you dancing?" He asked, as I casually crossed my legs. "Huh? Oh, don't feel like it" "Oh, the others told me you dance in your spare time, so I thought you'd always feel like it" "Well, I do it all the time, sometimes I need a break. You dance?" "Uh, when I’m forced to?" He said with a grin. Oh god, how can a guy be this beautiful? I chuckled at his reply, and we sat in silence a bit. I was frantically searching for something witty to say, when he beat me to it.

"JR can I ask you something?" Well, that didn’t make me nervous at all… "You already are" I replied with a smile, trying to hide my nerves. He gave me a small smile that may or may not have melted my heart. "How did you figure out that you're gay?"

…Okay, of all the horrible questions my brain had come up with in the short amount of time, I did not expect that. "Uhm, well, I kind of always knew if that makes sense... I was just never attracted to girls you know? And then I met this guy and I fell in love with him, and well... There you have it" I was aware that I was, in a way, sharing my life story with a complete stranger, but this was Ren, and something about the way he didn’t meet my eyes made me want to make him trust me.

"Do your parents know?"

"Yes"

"How did they take it?"

"Well, they didn't love it, but they didn't throw me out or anything. They needed some time to process the news, but they accepted it, and now they've come to terms with not having grandchildren. At least not biologically anyways" 

"And your friends, how did they take it?"

"Well, as you see they all took it pretty well. Aron had a minor heart attack when I told him, and he was dead scared I would fall for him. As if that would ever happen in a million years"

Ren took a sip of his beer and seemed to be thinking for a minute, and then he asked

"Weren't you afraid?"

"Afraid? Of what?"

"Of them hating you?" He looked at me with worry in his eyes. 

"A bit. But I believed that they liked me enough to accept it, and it turned out that it was worth it, taking the risk. It's nice to just be who you are without anybody judging. And by the end of the day, it's your personality that's important" I know. Philosophic moment much? Self-five!

"Woah dude, that's deep" he said with a teasing smile

"Hey, don't make fun of my philosophic moment!" He laughed that beautiful melodic laughter again, as Miyun, Chaerin and Aron flopped down besides us, laughing and sweating. 

"Hey JR!" Aron exclaimed. "It worked!"

"What worked?" He just wiggled his eyebrows and pointed to a corner. Minhyun and Sohee was making out so passionately that it looked they were trying to eat each other's faces. 

"Woah" I said in awe "I did not expect that" 

"Neither did I bro. Neither did I" and then he shouted GET A ROOM, getting the finger from them both, but without them breaking their kiss for even a second. 

10 minutes later we realized that watching Minhee face was not as fun as we thought, so we left without telling them and went on to the park, where some of Baekho's "gangster friends" were throwing a party. Turned out it , but there were music and booze, so we just clomped down on the grass. It was past midnight and even though we were in the city, a few stars were visible in the sky. 

After some time I noticed... Oh who am I kidding, my eyes followed him constantly, I immediately noticed that Ren sat with a little distance from all of us. At this point I thought "oh what the hell, I'm gonna regret it forever if I don't try. He's too ing perfect"

So I went and sat down beside him. 

"Why are you over here all alone?" He looked up at me, and gave me a small smile

"I was just thinking..."

"About what?"

"How this is the best night of my life"

That caught me off guard. 

"Really? How come?"

"I ran away from home, not knowing anything, feeling rebellious. Then it got dark, and I was walking streets I didn't know, and I got so scared... When I bumped into Minhyun and saw four relatively big guys I... I-I admit I was dead scared of you..." I was shocked. He looked like he really meant it.  I mean, he did look a bit scared back then, but… I couldn't help but laugh and he laughed with me. "I know. Unbelievable"

"You want me to actually believe that you were dead scared of Minhyun, Aron, Baekho... Okay, he can be pretty scary, but the others? And me?"

We laughed out loud now. 

"I know, it's hard to believe, but Aron did seem pretty intimidating! Oh god, I thought I was going to get killed when I insulted him, but instead he just laughed... I didn't really believe it. Turned out he's just a big idiot, who can't recognize love when he sees it" "Yeah, he's pretty stupid" We both looked at Aron and Chaerin, laughing and tickling each other. Really, that guy should have a sign around his neck saying “big oblivious moron”.

There was a silence after that, but it wasn't awkward at all. Until he decided to break it. 

"JR, what do you like in a guy?"

Well …

"Uhm... Iyeh... I don't like too masculine guys, but of course there need to be some of it... Eeeh... I just, you know, like a good combination I guess. I like to have someone I can take care of, but who doesn't really need it, you know? Like... It's not required it's something I choose... You know?"

I had looked away when I started talking, but now I looked back to meet a small, kind of timid smile. 

"So, basically someone like me" I had to swallow before answering that. 

"Uh yeah. Someone like you" I closed my eyes tightly and tried to kill myself with my mind, which proved impossible. And unnecessary. 

"I guess I would choose someone like you too. A strong, handsome and really really nice guy" I stared at him in full 10 seconds before I replied.

"Wait what?"

"JR, I have kissed two persons in my life, one girl and one boy, and I liked the boy best"

I stared. For the nth time this evening he left me speechless, but this time I believe I was choked the most. 

"... You're saying that..." 

"I believe I like boys too... I mean... I was kind of dating the boy for a while, so I don't know if I can really compare the girl to him but... I've always been attracted to both boys and girls, so I guess I like both? I honestly have no idea..." He ended his rant like that, with me gawking at him all the while. I couldn't believe it. It was way too good to be true. 

"I can only think of one thing that could make this night better JR" When did he get so close? What is air?

"A-and what would that be?"

He chuckled again. I love that sound. 

"God you're almost as stupid as Aron"

Then he kissed me. 

He freaking kissed me. 

Holy . 

It took nearly five seconds for me to decide that this was an epic dream, and kiss him back. He was eager and his lips were so soft and it felt so amazing and I just... Woah... I nibbled on his bottom lip and he gave the cutest little gasp and I thought I could do this forever. 

More than a minute passed by before cheering and shouting erupted behind us. My friends are mature like that. I pulled back to apologize, but he just whispered "let them". Then his hands slid to my shoulders, he moved even closer and connected our lips again, and the cheers reached new heights. But it didn't matter. Nothing mattered, but the feeling of Ren's hips under my hands, and his tongue poking at my lips. I parted my lips, pushing it back in his mouth with my own, feeling like I could fly. Wow. He clearly didn't have much experience, but he was amazing. I don't know for how long we kissed, but when we pulled apart to breathe and he looked at me I knew I was already in too deep. He chuckled and leaned his forehead on mine. "Wow" he whispered. "Yeah" I replied. "Wow." Then I hugged him tighter and buried my face in his neck. "So, is the night perfect now?"

"Yeah" he whispered. "Thank you"