Final~End

One Last Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ A/N: Play the song if you’d like :) ]

 

FINAL CHAPTER

 

 

Fortunately, Yunhyeong got home late (due to his chemistry class) because he was the one who was there for me when I was crying a river at the streets. Although, it was embarassing since he came along with his friends named Jinhwan, Donghyuk and Junhoe-who are also part of the basketball team-and witnessed my break down.

They were concerned with me however and awkwardly, they all tried their best to comfort me so I was thankful even though I forced myself to tell the truth on why I was sobbing. They did promise me to keep it a secret because Hanbin was a part of their team. I bet they did a pretty good job in hiding it from him since it looks like Hanbin has clearly no idea.

Days after that Junhoe, Jinhwan and Donghyuk would try to make conversations with me as if they are counting me as a friend which was honestly surprising yet moving.

 

 

 

Time flew fast and before I knew it, I was already a senior. It has been a long time since I've talked to him or rather, I refused to talk to him, especially after seeing that scene. Once that incident happened, I started to avoid him.

I think he tried to made contact with me through his actions, but I would always get away. I don’t begrudge because he deserved it.

It’s strange how the person who never failed to make you smile would be the reason of your tears.

 

 

“Nothing would change, I presume. However, anything is possible.”

 

 

It was nearly the middle of the school year and pretty much the regular things has passed. Nothing much has happened except I got closer with Donghyuk, Jinhwan and Junhoe. Turns out the three of them are fun to be with.

Walking down the halls of my school, I mentally sighed at the flock of students who were covering the way. As usual.

With all the people cramming around the campus before the bell would ring, the halls were once again crowded and how lucky am I to bump accidentally into someone which made me drop my thick books.

 

"Sorry." I mumbled as I grabbed my books in one go before he or she could help me and quickly went ahead.

 

When I turned my head back, that's when I realized that I hit the one and only Hanbin.

Great.

I finally came to my destination and sat next to Haerin at the center row of the room.

 

"What took you so long?" She asked and shot me with her questioning look.

"Too many people." I shrugged as I placed my books at the desk.

 

Once I averted my gaze to the door-while waiting for the other students-I unconsciously caught a glimpse of Hanbin's gaze when he went inside the classroom though I broke the trance reluctantly.

I noticed there was a glint of cruelty and guilt. Knowing that, a sharp sword suddenly impaled my broken heart.

I could also hear some squeals in front of me when he walked the aisle.

Of course, how could I forget? He's now the famous basketball player and honor student. Intelligent, popular, good-looking, toned body and sporty. Who wouldn't fall for him? Guess my heart isn't the only one that he stole.

 

 

“Despite the years that came by, I'm still not over him.”

 

 

To increase the bad luck in my day, he's in science class with me. Splendid, isn’t it?

Our previous topic was chemistry, he was the best in our class while I was the worst. That subject is my waterloo though, so I wasn't exactly surprised that I almost failed.

Sighing heavily, I covered my face with the use of my arms while waiting for the teacher.

 

"You okay?" I could hear Haerin's voice echoing inside my ears.

"Yeah, just need to rest." I lied. "Wake me up when the teacher's here."

"Okay then, just remember past is past."

 

My mind flew across the sea of questions as I contemplated in the past in accordance to what Haerin said.

She reads me like an open book so I wasn't that surprised that she knew what I was thinking.

 

Can I simply let it all go?
 

Has he really changed?


Has he turned into a walking icicle?


Does he still remember me?

 

 

"Okay as for your lab experiment next week, you will be with your assigned partners and each pair would dissect a frog. This is a sophomore's kind of project so you will also do a laboratory report afterwards to make it a senior type." The teacher professionally explained as she flashed the list of names that served as partners on the screen. "These pairs are based from your grades last quarter."

 

I was hoping that I knew my partner since I am not the social type if person. I scanned my name and I almost screamed.

 

My partner was him.

 

'Park Eunji and Kim Hanbin.'

 

This day just keeps better and better.

When I internally said I wished that it was someone I knew, I didn't expect nor want my partner to be-out of all people-that guy.

I should have seen it coming though, he was the best and I was the worst last quarter. But I still despise my teacher for underestimating me as the worst, because I love biology.

 

"You will be working together with your partners during the experiment and I expect all of you to work on your research papers with or without my class." The teacher went on to the further details as I patiently wait for hell. "This will have a big effect on your grade so do your best. Now, I will be giving the whole period for you to discuss your experiment and paper with your partner while I flash the information."

 

Once she finished her instructions, we all moved and sat with our designated partners.

 

"Guess you’re my partner." I heard a voice spoke from my side as I turned to see him.

"Guess I am." I shrugged carelessly and the awkward aura began while I just started doodling.

He seemed to notice my action, causing him to sigh. "This won't work out if we don't have teamwork."

"That's true." I mentioned, still not looking at him.

"I'll do half of the paperwork and you'll do yours."

In my defense, I'm trying to be nice yet I'm still setting up boundaries. I am avoiding him but I can't do that with a failing grade.

I arched an eyebrow. "What are you suggesting?"

"We both get one that came from research and the other for our answers."

"I'm good at adding more contents or opinions so I suggest I'll take the introduction and interpretation of data then you'll get the methodology and results."

He thought about it for a while and nodded, giving his consent. "Are you free this friday?"

I blinked a couple of times before answering. "What?"

"Are you free this friday?" He repeated and my ears seemed to block his real message.

"Yeah, why?"

"For the laboratory report. We'll do the work in your house?" He questioned.

 

Looks like I got the wrong idea.

 

"Sure, my parents would come home late anyways." I stated as I continued to draw random items at my pad.

"You know how to draw?"

I gave Hanbin a glance before I stared at my sketch pad. "Just a hobby I do when I'm bored."

I felt my hands tremble in nervousness as Hanbin checked my drawings and raised his eyebrows while nodding. I don't even know if that was a positive or negative approach.

"Cool. Better than what I could even do."

Suddenly, an incredible idea popped in my brain to lessen the weird atmosphere and solve at least one of the questions in my head. I was avoiding him, yes. Though it doesn't mean I'm itching to know if he really changed or not.

 

"Let's make a deal." I blurted, catching his attention.

"What do you propose?"

My eyes landed on him as I told. "So that it won't be all serious and stuff, I'll teach you how to draw-or the basics of it at least-and you could teach me your, I don't know, hobby?"

He held his chin to think and gave me a peek after smirking. "Basketball. I can teach you basketball." He extended his hand out after responding.

We both shake hands just as the bell rang, alerting the students that it was the next period.

 

And that answers one of my questions, he didn't say our usual reply-which was 'deal.'

 

 

 

 

“I never expected the past can be done again.”

 

 

A few days later, Hanbin and I would interact due to the laboratory experiment of course and I found out that he was pretty strict with groupworks.

As always, I was squished by several people before I can make my way towards my locker. I shoved the books I needed for studying inside my sling bag.

 

"Hey Eunji!"

I slightly glanced to my side to see who greeted as I smiled. "Hi Junhoe, what's up?"

"We have a basketball game against another school after classes tomorrow, are you gonna watch?"

 

I abruptly remembered that today was friday and tomorrow would be the start of the weekend.

 

"I don't know, I need to pull my grade up thanks to chemistry." I merely barfed at the last word I mentioned. Chemistry never fails to give one a migraine.

Junhoe's slumped his shoulders in rejection with his eyelids half-closed. "You ."

 

I stuck out my tongue in return while I shut my locker closed just when I felt an anonymous person slung his or her arm around my shoulders.

 

"Sorry man, we still have a lab report to do."

"Well, good luck with that. I'll be going then." Junhoe tilted his head as he glanced at me with a toothless grin before leaving. "See you around."

"See you." I muttered while shrugging off the arm around me.

I gave Hanbin a strange look after shutting my locker close.

"What? It's friday. We're going to go to your house. Come on, let's go." He explained in an as-a-matter-of-a-fact tone.

 

He may be cool and popular to other people, but he is just a complete fool in my eyes.

 

I sighed heavily and I continued to glare at his walking figure once I followed him.

 

 

“Although he probably doesn’t, I still miss the old days.”

 

 

"Why are we here?" I asked as we passed inside the entrance of the mall.

 

Dozens of people were scattered everywhere, chattering or simply shopping. The bright lights illuminated the halls of the extensive venue.

 

"We need to buy the items needed for the experiment. Ms. Lee gave me a list for our pair." He raised a lengthwise paper just as we head to the store with science supplies.

 

I took the list once we entered the shop and started to find the materials needed. We both searched and bought everything for the laboratory work including our gloves and coat.

When we took the exit, I suddenly remembered the things we needed for the biology report.

 

"Hey, can we pass by the school supplies?" I questioned as we both carry our paper bags.

"For what?"

"Folder, papers and more. I have a printer machine at my house so we can print the report there."

 

He wordlessly gave a curt nod as we went to the other hall.

I gaped when we entered the wide room. There were different aisles that consist of various materials which makes us find the things we need a little difficult-considering the fact that it has a second floor.

 

"I'll go check the second floor, you take the first." I suggested and gave his consent by moving forward to search.

 

Using the escalator to go up, I gulped once I skimmed my surroundings. This floor had more book shelves and paths than the first floor.

I sighed before I began my search.

 

After passing the shelves which contained maps and charts, I stopped at the spot which was a place full of young adult and teen fiction books.

I gasped as I saw the book that Haerin was talking about. I'm just starting to read imprinted stories since I got used to reading e-books.

 

My hand gripped the thick book as I scanned the cover. ‘Fangirl’ by Rainbow Rowell.

I skipped towards the back page and my eyes widened in surprise once I saw the price. Typically, I couldn't afford it. Guess I should find other books to read.

 

"Yah, I found supplies at the first floor."

 

In an instant, I used my back as a shield to hide the book. Much to my surprise, it was a good thing I didn’t jump or scream. "Great, this place is just full of books."

He looked at me suspiciously though I think he dropped the thought. "So I've noticed. Let's go."

I exhaled in relief and returned the book back to its original place as I walked to where the items are located.

As we bought the last things we needed, I saw Hanbin getting something in the stuff we bought and brought out a large bag.

 

"What are you doing?" I asked, receiving no reply.

He stole the bags I was holding in my hands and placed it inside his large bag as he carried all the materials by himself. "Making things easier."

 

I was speechless there for a second-confused though I let the thought go when I heard my ring tone.

 

I swiped the screen on my phone to accept the call. "Hello? Yunhyeong-oppa?"

From my peripheral vision, I could see Hanbin's eye twitched.

"You didn't tell me that you left school early.” He mentioned through the mobile device.

"I forgot, sorry about that."

"Why did you leave early?"

"Homework." I stated though it turned out to be more of a question.

"Are you with someone else?"

"Yeah." That was the last thing I said before my phone was completely out of my hand.

 

"She's with me hyung. We're just at the mall, will do the lab report. Yup, this is Hanbin." He glanced at me to which I returned a glare. "All right, see you then."

"I didn't you know you cross into people's privacy."

"I didn't know hyung is your boyfriend."

I cocked an eyebrow at him as if I was in a judging mode while my aura darkened. "Pabo, that's because he is my god-brother." I emphasized, snatching my phone as I headed towards the exit of the mall. Guess that made him speechless.

 

My phone vibrated once I reached the sidewalk with Hanbin trailing behind.

 

\\..~**~..**..~**~..//

From: Yung-yung

'Hanbin a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter