First~ Lost

One Last Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PICTURES USED NOR THE CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR THE GIRLS AND THE PLOT IS MINE.

WARNING: DO NOT PLAGIARIZE, SIMILAR STORIES ARE JUST A COINCIDENCE. I MADE THIS STORY WITH MY IMAGINATION.

 

>>>One Last Chance<<<

 

“Since I was a little girl, I have my best friend right beside me. We have done almost everything together.”

 

 

"Keep up, ji-pabo!"

"I-I'm trying my best here!" I yelled reluctantly as I fastened my pace, going up the hill while riding my bike.

He was already smirking triumphantly with his arms crossed against his chest-mocking me. Bastard.

Cramps were already aching my legs once I reached the top. I released my hold of the bike, letting my lower body land on the floor and inhaled oxygen as much as I could.

 

 

“I do not know how to live without him.”

 

 

"It's not that bad, isn't it?" He asked while staring at me.

Breathing heavily, I gave him a deathly glare in return. "It's not fair, you've been biking for like everyday! Give me a break. The last time I've ride a bike was when I was eleven and look at me now, I'm thirteen."

 

 

“We would always capture our adventures for memories.”

 

 

He shrugged his shoulders, grasping his silver bike. "It's not my fault that you choose to play or stay indoors."

"This jerk..." Muttering under my breath, I tried to stand up though I could still feel pain through my veins.

I suppose he heard my curse since he laughed afterwards. "Wanna grab some food?"

My eyes glimmered in glee when I heard him say 'food' because it has been a few hours since we roamed around the town with our bikes and I was starving as hell. "Deal!"

 

It was sort of a usual remark between us. If one would ask a question then the other would say 'deal' pertaining to agreement or consent.

 

He swiftly lifted his leg then sat on his bike. "Then catch me when you can ji-pabo." Flashing that heart-melting smile, he hastily went down the hill and left me on the top.

"Yah Kim Hanbin, get back here!" I screamed but he was approaching the flat road fast due to gravity. Sighing in defeat, I grasped my bike and followed his tracks.

 

 

“But he never failed to capture my heart.”

 

 

After chasing Hanbin all around the city, we finally stopped by at our regular ice cream shop since he promised to treat me before.

The sound of the bells rang once the glass door moved and we came in.

 

"Good afternoon!" The cashier lady-also the owner-greeted as we bowed slightly in respect and returned the greeting as well. "Oh it's you two again. What can I get for you kiddies?" She grinned widely when she caught a glimpse of us.

 

We were somewhat familiar to her now as customers because we come here often.

 

"What do you like Ji?"

"The usual." I replied with a warm smile as Hanbin scanned the choices.

"Chocolate batter cake for me."

"One cookies 'n cream and one choco batter cake coming right up!" She mentioned while encoding our orders in the computer.

 

I took a seat at one of the comfy chairs with a table in front and another chair at the opposite side while Hanbin payed and waited for our desserts.

When Hanbin came to our seats with the cups of ice cream at his hands, my lips automatically formed into a grin as I held my cup of coookies 'n cream.

 

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it." He returned the favor and sat back on his chair. "School's starting in a week from now, anyways."

 

I groaned in annoyance with the thought of the upcoming difficult exams and stressful projects, resulting to an all-nighter.

 

Hanbin just chuckled at my response while he took a scoop if his snack after answering. "Think of the fun times too like intramurals than academics."

"Easy for you to say, you're an honor student."

"At least you get to be a part of the top students in class." He countered while I was loss for words.

"Touché." I said after swallowing. I suddenly got quiet when I thought of the next school year.

 

What will happen? Will anything change? Except for the fact that we are going to the next stage of life-which is high school.

Realizing that Hanbin was waving his palm in front my face, I snapped back to reality.

 

"You okay?"

"Yup, just thought of something." I took another spoon-full of my treat.

"And what would that be?"

Looking down, I gulped before answering. "High school."

"Don't worry, just think of it as our usual school year. I'll be by your side anyways." Hanbin's voice chimed in my head with his sincere tone.

By just hearing his words, confidence was able to build up my self-esteem and I gave him a smile. "Thanks, B.I."

"Anything for Ji-pabo." He eyed my expressions as I stuck out my tongue, causing him to laugh. This bastard really enjoys to fool me around. "Are you joining any sports?"

"Not planning to as of the moment. Like you said, I'm more into indoors than outdoors." I repeated what he mentioned when we were biking as I put down my empty cup. "How about you?"

"I joined the basketball team."

My eyes popped out in shock. "You're in the varsity team?!"

 

He nodded in exhilaration, finishing his ice cream.

 

"Is that why you asked me to go biking to tell this?"

 

He nodded his head again, this time with much more excitement visible in his expression.

 

"Congrats!" I stood up and gave him a tight hug.

He also hugged me by squeezing his arms around my waist and I could feel him smile from my shoulders. "Thanks, Ji."

I felt his warmth slowly developing my body when he wrapped his arms around me though once he let go of his grip, all I could feel is the cold breeze. "Anything for B.I-pabo!" My giggle escaped from my lips as I moved forward. "Let's go?"

 

I saw him place his palm at his forehead when I mentioned my new nickname for him. Although, he agreed in leaving.

 

"Race you back to the intersection!" I mumbled and ran to my bike as fast as my short legs could bring me and I saw him jog to his bike with a slight grin.

 

As we reached the intersection that breaks apart our village, of course he was ahead of me so he waited a few seconds for me to keep up.

 

"You win, you're better at things like this." I managed to say in between capturing air.

"You did good actually." He replied as I stopped behind him.

"Good to know. See you at school?"

"Deal."

 

That is when we went our separate ways.

 


 

 

“Frankly, I did not realize that the last time we went out to get ice cream, would also be the last time I got to spend time with him.”

 

 

The school bell rang, indicating that it was break for students. The halls were practically piled up with students, walking to the cafeteria.

I caught a glimpse of Hanbin at the stairs so I started to walk there.

 

"B.I!" I called and he turned to see me.

"Hey J-"

"Come on bro, we still have practice!" One of the basketball guys named Jiwon slung his arm around Hanbin's shoulder, forcing him to walk away though I did not think that Jiwon noticed me talking to Hanbin.

 

The basketball team followed Hanbin and Jiwon as they go down the stairs, heading to the cafeteria.

For the past days, it has been like this.

When school started, we supposedly hang out with each other but his schedules were usually tight. His basketball practices, obligations as a member of the student council and keeping his rank as an honor student.

In addition, he now spends most of his time with the guys.

I'm all alone since I only know at least half of our batch so I don't have much friends but I did recognized someone that just passed by me.

 

"Yunhyeong-oppa?"

"Ji-ji?" The confused male dropped his gaze to me once he heard his name. "It is you!"

In a blink of an eye, I was being squished by the arms of my god-brother. My parents and his parents are friends since they were in college so that's how we knew each other.

"I didn't know you moved here, you should've told me!" I was able to say once he let go of me.

"It was a surprise actually so, surprise?" Yunhyeong smiled awkwardly at the fail attempt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter