chapter 2

Love Notes

Then early in June, around 3.30 am in the morning Eunsook woke up upon hearing her phone buzzing like crazy. Taemin was calling her.

“Hello Taeminnie, has something happened? Why are you calling me so early in the morning?”

“I can’t sleep noona. I keep thinking about you.”

Eunsook’s face turned as red as Rudolph’s nose when she heard what Taemin said next.

“Noona, will you be my girlfriend? I realize, I like you so much. I’ll be dead if I get too far from you. Thanks also for Siwon seonsaengnim for making me burn in jealousy last week. Why should he get so close to you and touch your hair and shoulder like that? Worst of all was when you offered your jacket to him. I almost exploded in jealousy. You’re mine noona.”

Eunsook blinked her eyes in disbelief. Taemin just confessed to her.

“Noona, why are you keeping quiet?”

“Ah, eummm, yes Taeminnie, I would like to be your girlfriend,” Eunsook nervously answered Taemin.

“Really noona? YES! I love you so much noona. See you later at school.” With that Taemin hung the phone.

Soon after there was Facebook notification asking for acceptance for Taemin’s request about the relationship status to “Married to Lee Eunsook”. As much as Eunsook wanted to declare to the world that she was Taemin’s girlfriend, she had to decline the request. She considered the fact that if she accepted the request it will become big news and harm her career. She texted Taemin about the reason and Taemin said that he understood.

That day she had to be in class to give report to parents about their child’s progress. She sat in her class when someone opened the door. She thought it was parents, but when she lifted her head, she was surprised to see Taemin walking towards her. He dragged her behind the door and hugged her. “Noona, I miss you.” Without giving Eunsook any chance to respond, he kissed her lips softly.

Eunsook stopped him, “Tae, we can’t do it here. Later you can come to my apartment. Now off you go, your dad must be waiting for you outside.”

Taemin unwillingly released her, “I’ll come later, noona. Text me your address, ok?”

Eunsook felt relief after Taemin left. She didn’t know that there was someone watching Taemin leave her class.

As Taemin promised to Eunsook that day, he really came to her apartment. They were sitting on her couch, when suddenly Taemin asked her something, “Noona, do you like any male idol?”

“Yes. I like Onew very much.”

Taemin pouted, “Have you ever imagined anything ual with him?” Eunsook blushed and nodded her head. Suddenly Taemin released her and looked very angry.

“Taeminnie? What’s wrong? Are you angry?” Eunsook was worried.

Taemin looked at her, “Noona, do you know that your actions are considered as cheating? We had been so damn close before we became lovers. We even talked and had lots of make out sessions. I never knew that you will still think of other men aside from me.”

Eunsook stared at him agape “But Taeminnie, I, it’s common right? To imagine about your idol?”

“But I do NOT! I cut all contacts with other girls and I never imagine myself doing that with any female, including idols, as soon as I realized that I like you.”

Eunsook clutched her hand on Taemin’s shirt and cried, “Sorry Taeminnie. I’ll stop doing that. I’ll think about you only. Sorry Taeminnie.”

Taemin was still angry, “It’s not that you will noona. You HAVE to.” Eunsook could only nod her head.

“Sorry noona. Sorry I yelled at you. I’m jealous when you are thinking about other man. Promise me you will not do that. I love you noona.” Taemin said and hugged her tight.

 

One month later, Eunsook’s coordinator called her.

“Excuse me Tiffany-ssi. I heard you that need to talk to me.”

“Well yes Sookie. I’ll come right to the point. What kind of relationship do you have with Lee Taemin?”

“I.. we’re just friends. Nothing else.”

“I hope so. Listen to me carefully. Stop whatever relationship you have with Taemin. I know that for a young teacher like you this always happens, having a crush on a student. I know Taemin is handsome and bright. He is a smart student. No wonder a lot of girls, including teachers like you, get attracted to him. Please do stop. If his parents come know about it, they can sue you. Worst, this will affect me and the school also. Do you realize that if you have relationship, romantic one especially, it is considered a crime? If this case becomes public, my husband will protect me and leave you behind to take care of the problem alone. Don’t tell me you are not attracted to him. Your actions and your eyes reflect your feelings clearly. Not only me, but many teachers are talking behind your back about you and him. Starting from now, keep your distance from him. If it’s not necessary DON’T get close to him. Do you understand?”

Eunsook controlled herself from crying. She smiled and bowed down to Tiffany, “I will Tiffany-ssi. Thanks for your advice.” After leaving Tiffany, Eunsook went to the rooftop. She hid in a corner and cried her heart out. She texted Taemin to come to her apartment later.

That night after Eunsook told Taemin about Tiffany’s warning he hugged her tight. “Sorry noona. Because of me it has become hard for you. I don’t want to break up with you. I’ll die if I do that,” Taemin was not willing to let her go. “Let’s keep our relationship as secret. You don’t have to talk to me at school if it’s not necessary. Let’s support each other. Eumm, I think I need to tell you this noona.”

“What, what is it Taeminnie?” Eunsook sobbed.

Taemin sighed and kissed her forehead, “My mom has become suspicious about me having a girlfriend. I can’t tell her yet about you, but I will.”

Eunsook felt scared when Taemin told her about his mother. She buried her face in his chest and whispered, “I love you Taeminnie!”

“Me too, noona. Sorry I need to go home now or my mom will get angry. Sleep tight tonight and remember, I’ll always support you.” Taemin left but Eunsook couldn’t sleep. She was afraid about her relationship with him.

It was hard for Eunsook to act cold and ignore Taemin every day. She burned in jealousy when she saw Taemin get close with his classmate Sulli. They were too close in her opinion. But what could she do? She was warned to keep her distance from him.

One day in September, Taemin asked her to go on a movie date. He even planned to asked Siwon and Donghae to camouflage their date. So if people from the school saw them together, they’d not know that it was actually a date.

Eunsook came two hours earlier than the expected time to buy the tickets. She was confused which movie he would like to watch as there were two movies that they wanted to see. She decided to watch the horror one with consideration that Taemin wouldn’t get too late in going home. Suddenly Taemin texted her.

“Noona, don’t freak out later on. My mom suspects that I’ll be on a date with a girl. So she’ll follow me and wants to meet all of us before she leaves us to watch the movie. What movie did you choose finally?”

Eunsook facepalmed. Of all days, why should his mom suspect him that specific day.

“I chose the horror one. We’ll be waiting for you in starbucks.”

Eunsook waited for Siwon, Donghae and Taemin in Starbucks.
When Siwon and Donghae came and sat with her, she told them about Taemin’s mother which made them gulp in despair. After 30 minutes of waiting, Taemin came with a pouting face accompanied by his mother whom he introduced as Gwiboon. All of them stood up and bowed to Gwiboon. Eunsook felt that his mother was looking at her displeasingly, so she decided to keep sitting and kept quiet. Siwon was the one that entertained Gwiboon.

“Well, I know you bought the tickets already but so sorry, I feel the movie isn’t suitable for Taemin. I’ll buy all of you the other movie’s tickets.” Eunsook felt more pressured upon hearing what Gwiboon said about the movie. She felt stupid for not searching more information about the movie before she bought the ticket. Not long after that Gwiboon left them.

They checked the time of the movie and realized they had plenty of time on their hands. They decided to eat dinner since all of them felt hungry. During the movie, Eunsook and Taemin sat behind Siwon and Donghae. Taemin kept holding her hands, pecking her lips and whispering that he loved Eunsook. This was the most beautiful day for both of them.

 

Two months later, Taemin told Eunsook that he had to accompany his father to Japan for a business trip. It was very hard for Eunsook to let him go. He was gone for a week only, but a week without him felt like forever to Eunsook.

After Taemin returned from Japan, he called Eunsook near midnight, as was their nightly routine since Taemin confessed to her. It was obvious from his voice that he was tired. Eunsook asked him to rest but he refused her advice.

“Noona, do you know that I’m crazy about you? I don’t know why but I can’t stop thinking about you.”

“Ah..um… Taeminnie, did you tell your friends about us?”

“Sure. I’ve told my best friends.” Eunsook gasped to hear his answer. “Relax noona, they aren’t from our school.”

“What did they say?”

“They said that you’re too old for me.” Eunsook’s shoulders dropped. “But I told them that I don’t care. For me you are the most beautiful girl ever.”

Eunsook nervously said “Ah..umm… but compared to your friends, especially girls, I’m considered fat. I’m not tall and slim like them.”

“Diet then, noona. I’d like to see you get a bit thinner. It’ll look good on you plus it’s healthier for you.”

Once again Eunsook felt sad. “I will Taeminnie. Well, it’s late already. Sleep now Taeminnie, see you tomorrow at school and I love you.”

“I love you too noona.” Taemin then hung the phone.

For Eunsook their relationship was perfect although they talked mostly through text message or had only quick dinner dates.

One day after one such dinner date, it began to rain heavily. Taemin offered to take her home in his car. Taemin dropped her home and on reaching his home he texted her.

“Noona, after I took you home, I asked my driver’s opinion about you.”

“What did he say?”

Eunsook giggled and felt curious.

“He said that you are not a . Is that true noona?”

Eunsook was very shocked. She didn’t know Taemin’s driver but how did he know that she wasn’t a .

“Honestly yes Taeminnie. How did he know about it?”

“He told me that some men could tell the difference.”

“Do… do you mind about it? I didn’t mean to hide it from you. I just wanted to find the right time to tell you about it.” Eunsook was afraid. She loved him so much that she couldn’t bear to be separated with him.

“No. Not at all noona. I’m still a anyway, but I want to do it with you noona. I want you to take my ity.”

“But… but I ... I can’t. You’re still underage, Taeminnie.”

No…Eunsook didn’t want Taemin to lose his ity. She was afraid it would lead to something bad.

“Promise me we will do it one day.”