Reset

Reversal

Reset


 


The atmosphere in this area seems different from my old one. At the side of the road, there are so many flowers with different colors. I push the window button with my index finger to scroll down the mirror and I've been welcome by the wind. It's so nice and refreshing. I place my arm on the window frame and rest my head on it. From now on, I'm going to start a new life and no one can stop me. I savoured my few minutes hours of freedom and solitude before I'm going to my new school.

 

"Are you sure you don't want omma or appa to accompany you to the teacher's room?" Mrs Kim asks her daughter when a glimpse of the school caught her attentions.

"No. I'm okay, omma. I can go alone." I reassure my parent with a smile plaster on my face. I'll be okay.

"Okay then. Be a good girl at school." Mr Kim said as he steps on the break pedal and the car stop right in front of the school's gate.

 

Good girl? I'm not sure if I want to be a good girl again. Be a good and nice in front of teacher's eyes is actually . I don't want to live like that. Once is enough. I don't want to waste my new life anymore.

I look at my new school inside of the car and I feel like I'm able to survive in this school. Smiling to myself, I bid a goodbye to my parent and kiss their cheek before step out from the car. I close the car's door and stand beside the car while wave my hand at my parent who's driving away from the school. My arrival seems quite early since there's a few student who walk towards the school gate.

I look at my wrist watch and my gaze return back to the school. It's sure still early so I decide to stay at the cafe. That's the only place that I can think right now. Plus, I don't have friends yet so stay at cafe is the best choice. Shortening my skirt a bit, I enter my new school with confidence and stroll around the building while search for the cafe. 

"Okay, class. Listen, we have a new transfer student today. Please look after her since she's new." Mr Lee's voice manage to make all of the student in my soon-to-be-class quiet. I can hear the boys start to cheers out loud when Mr Lee call out for me to enter the class.

 

Suddenly, I feel so nervous that I tighten my grip on my skirt. My steps become timid as I used to be. No, I can't act like this again. I need to be confidence in front of them. With a long exhale, I release the grip from my skirt and step into the class calmly. Yeah, just go on. They don't know who am I. I stop right at the center of the class and give a sweet smile to all my classmates. 

 

"Wow, she's beautiful." I heard one of them said as they look at me in awe.

"I wonder if she already has a boyfriend." That guy who's sitting at the second line said while stares at me.

 

Those compliments make my lip curve upwards and really put me into a good mood. Well, finally, someone or a few people assume me as beautiful girl. So, I don't have to worried anymore, right? The nervous thought just now already leave me. I look at Mr Lee beside me and he nods his head as sign to introduce myself. I turn back to the front and start to introduce myself happily.

 

"Annyeong, I'm Kim Jung Ah. Please take care of me." I bow a bit and all of the boys in the class yells 'YES' in sync. Mr Lee proud with his class since for him, they are good towards new student. He nods and asks me to sit at the empty seat that happen to be in the middle lane.

"Okay, please don't create any troubles because I've got a meeting right now. Class president, if something happen, meet me at the meeting room." Mr Lee gives an advice to all of us and leave the class in hurry. Maybe he's already late to attend the meeting because he needs to take cares of me first.

 

I walk to my new seat after Mr Lee disappear into exit room. As I seat on the chair, the boys come towards me and asks me to be their friends. I'm a bit surprise at first but I pretend to be okay as this is my chance to change everything. I don't want to be like the old me. I don't have friends and everybody assume me as invincible girl because the teacher loves me. They didn't dared to laid a finger on me since I have a strong backup. I'm a top student long ago and the teacher loved me because I always get a full score and excellent at sports.

They keep asking me to do everything and be a good girl I am, I can't refuse. Still, I'm been bullied by my own classmates. They didn't asked me to do their favor instead they doodle my table with some harsh words and stole my sport shoes. I remember one day when I can't bear with their attitude anymore. I went to meet the teacher and told her everything but she just shrug off and said it's just my imagination.

Then, she asked me to spread the brochure about our school in front of railway station. I'm so naive at that time so I spread the news. Even it's kind of embarrassing, I still did it. Since I always ran the errand alone, I become used to it. No one will ever help me though so it's be my habitual to do it alone.

Plus, the teacher assumed me like a boy because I'm good at sports. I never let the word 'tired' slipped in front of them. I never thought of 'ignore' words in my mind before. Although I'm good at school didn't mean I'm good at everything.

 

"Jung Ah, can you hear me?" One of the boy asks me as he shakes my hand gently. Wake up from my long thought, I quickly look at him in wonder. What did he said just now?

"Ah, you're so cute when you space out." Another boy said as all of them agree with him. My cheek suddenly turn into a light pink and I raise down my head. I'm not used to all of the compliments.

"Eung, oh. I'm sorry. I'm trying to adapt myself." I put my palm on my right cheek so they won't notice that I'm blushing right now.

"It's okay. You can take your time." The one with messy tie comfort me while all of them nod in agreement. I smile as I give a short hum towards them. Even I'm not good with all this attention and compliments, I kinda like it. I feel special. 

 

The chit chat has begin to erupt around the table and I have a lot of fun on my first day. I've just realized that the seat in front of me is empty. No one sits there so I guess maybe the owner absence. And the class president is the top student in the class follow by other boys. I guess I've got no problem to compete with them since I'm a top student in my old school. But I don't want to be in the top again. Perhaps I should pretend like I'm not that good in studies and sports as well. So that, I can ask them for help. That's the only way to have some friends.

 

It's been 3 days since I'm transferring into this school. Everything's going as smooth as I planned. I walk to my locker that been located at the corner of the wall. Inserting the key into the padlock, I open the locker to take my book for the next lessons. At first. the guy in my class keeps insist to accompany me to the locker. They said they want to carry my books but it's kinda too much for me. After all, I'm not trying to use them. I just want some friends and change my life to a better one. That's all.

As I take some books with me, I lock back my locker and hug my books into my embrace. My class isn't too far with the locker aisle so I just saunter down the corridor. Plus, if I'm late to enter the class, I'm sure I won't be scold by the teacher. Why? Because I have many backups to help me getting out into troubles. It's fun, right? Suddenly, as I ponder about my new life, someone stops my action by stand still in front of me.

I don't see that person's face because I keep my gaze on the floor. One thing that I'm sure is it's a guy. Just look at his black pants. Girls wears a skirt at school so it can't be a girl. Without looking at his face, I move to the right so I can walk to my class but this guy follow my steps. He's moves to the right as well. I change my way to the left, thinking that it's just a coincidence that we take a same steps just now.

As I move to the left, once again, my way being block by him. What's with him actually? I step into the right back and again, he follows my step.

 

"Yah, can you move away?" I raise my head to look at the guy in front of me. He's good-looking and somehow, he reminds me of someone. His face is so familiar yet unclear in my mind.

"Wow, you look different." He grins widely as both of his hand places into the pocket of his pants. Different?

"Who are you?" I look at him, no, I observe his face. Did I know him? But he looks too familiar.

"You don't recognized me? I'm Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." He introduces himself and something hit me.

"Chanyeol?"

 

Long ago, we attended to a same school but different class. We don't know each other that well because we had our own things to do. He's famous at our school while I am no one. No one really paid attention to me so it's normal when no one ever recognize me. I really don't want to meet him since he know my big secret and because of him, I'd change. That day, I happen to walked pass his class with a box of school's brochure to promote at the railway station. I overheard their conversation as I stop for a while since the box is a bit heavy. As I'm going to life the box again and leave, I heard my someone said my name in his class.

 

Flashback

"Yah, do you know Kim Jung Ah?" Baekhyun asked his friend who's staring at the window.

"Kim Jung Ah? The girl with a big spectacles and her black oily hair?" Chanyeol questioned as his describes me with unpleasant characters.

"Yeah, that's weird girl. It's so gross. I don't like her because the teacher loved her and she has a scary aura with her. Plus, she always has a good grades and goods at sports. Is she a human-being?" Baekhyun said and makes a face along with his words.

 

Am I that bad? Why did they talked about me if they had nothing nice to said. It's kinda hurt to know that I'm a weird girl. Is it weird to be a top student? I'm a human too, and human do have a feeling.

 

"I know but.." Chanyeol about to said something but stops when I open the door to their class. Both of them are looking at me with those surprised action. I don't know why I'm doing this thing but their words hurt me a lot. What? An oily hair? Gross? Is that what they really think about me? Fine then.

 

I cut my hair in front of them with a scissors that I brought with me before for the promotion. After cut into a messy short hair, I run away leaving all my things behind. At that time, I really give up with my life. After the incident, I heard that Chanyeol moved to other school. Even I hate him for making fun of me, but deep in my heart, I still feel sad.

Yeah, Park Chanyeol, my first love.

End of flashback

 

He waves his hand to gain my attention and I quickly shook my head. No, I can't let him recognize me. I don't want him to ruin my life anymore. 

 

"Oh, sorry. I think you confuse me with other girls." I try to be as polite as I could so he won't noticed me.

"Yah, I never wrong. Plus you look different because you dye your hair." Chanyeol keep insisting. Aish, leave me alone, would you?

 

I think I need to take an action.

"Yah, Jung Ah! Don't you recognize me?" Chanyeol stops for a while as he bend down to rest his palm on his knee. A gasp escapes his lips and his chest moves upwards and downwards.

"No, I don't know you." I turn my head to face Chanyeol in front of me. He looks so tired that I feel sorry at him. Just give up, Chanyeol.

 

I turn my back at him since he doesn't said anything. I guess he already tired from chasing me and about to leave me alone but I'm wrong.

 

"Yah, Kim Jung Ah!" Chanyeol starts to run again as he's chasing me who's running like crazy through the school hall. It's so embarrassing to run away from Chanyeol. Releasing my books to the side, I run my heart out while cover my face with my hair so no one will notices me.

 

After feel like forever, I stop at the corner of the class and check at my back. Chanyeol was no longer behind me. Maybe he lost my trace and stop to chase me. I decide to go back to my class since the break time is already over. The teacher must teaching right now. What's excuse should I give since I'm super late right now. All of these is Chanyeol's fault.

As I climb the stairs to my class, Chanyeol already wait for me on the top of the stairs. My eyes widen at his sudden presence. Where did he come from? He stands at the center of the stairs to prevent me from moving forwards. I close my eyes in disbelief and sigh as loud as I could.

 

"What do you want?" I cross my arm on my chest while put on my acting skill. This guy is really something. Didn't he hates me from the beginning?

"Stop acting, Jung Ah. Why do you keep running away from me?" Chanyeol's voices out his statement. Running away? Yeah, why did I ran away?

"Because I don't know you and you are totally stranger for me." There's a full confidence in my voice as I answer his questions.

"Why did you change?" Chanyeol looks hurt with my action and I kinda feel bad towards him.

 

I don't said anything as I'm at a loss of words.

 

"Answer me." His voice is full with curiosity. My lips form into a bitter smile as I secretly take a few step back. I can't because I'm not ready yet.


The next day, I sit on my place alone while pretend to be sleeping. The other guys in my class don't bother me at all since they think I'm sleeping. It's not like I don't want to talk to them but right now, my thought is full with Chanyeol. Why did he approached when I try to lived forgetting him. As I'm about to close my eyes, I heard some girls in my class screaming happily. What's happen? I raise my head up to look at the guy in front of my class. His back is facing me and he's kinda tall and..familiar.

 

"Hi guys, I'm back." His voice ringing through my ear and I think I had heard this voice before.

"Yah, Chanyeol! What happen to the game?" My classmate ask the guy named Chanyeol.

"Guess what, our team won. All kill." Chanyeol proudly answers and take a sit in front of me.

"We have a new student when you absence. She's so cute and every guys in this class takes a good care of her." The class president approaches Chanyeol and tell him out loud. Trouble again.

"Really? Where?" Chanyeol questions him and at that very moment, I become panic. What should I do?

"Behind you."

 

Chanyeol turns his head to looks at me and his face change after he sees me. I know he's surprised by my presence and we ended up staring at each other for about 5 seconds. Once again, I need to act.

 

"Hi, I'm Kim Jung Ah, the new student." I bow a bit at him while avoid my eyes from falling deep into his. He smirks after heard my simple introduces.

"Chanyeol." He simply said and turn back to the front since the teacher already enter our class.

 

With that, the lessons start and as always, the teacher will give us a lot of homeworks.

 

"The subject is kinda hard, right? Can you solve it?" One of the guy come to my place and ask about the lessons. This is my chance.

"I don't have any idea. Can you teach me?" I said while point at my book which he gladly accept.

"Jung Ah that I used to know will solve this problems within a second and always ask the teacher a hard question that the teacher can't answer. She didn't need any help from others." Chanyeol mumbles out loud and he's trying to make me heard it. He does a good job though because I clearly hear it.

"Ah, really? She's good." I reply back while smiling at him. Chanyeol glares at me while shook his head. He looks angry.

"Yeah, and I don't know why she'd change." He adds while slams my table as he's standing from his seat.

"Yah! What's with you?!" I stand back while glare at him. The teacher seems shocked with my attitude and start to set his target for punishment.


I clean the class window while Chanyeol dust the white board. This is what we get after pick a fight in Mr Lee's class. All of student already went home, leaving me and this idiot alone. All of these is Chanyeol's fault. If he didn't slammed my table before, I'm sure I already arrived home by now. The air around us is not that good. We keep ignoring each other and do our own works until I let out my voice.

 

"It's all because of you. I'd change because of you. You know what, since that day, I hate myself. I hate myself for being so naive and ugly. I hate myself for being an easy target for people to bullied me. I hate everything about me and you are the reason." I said while focusing my eyes on the window. Even I'm not facing him, I know that he's listening right now.

"I'm not that Jung Ah anymore. The Kim Jung Ah you know before is already dead. I already changed. Because of your comment long ago, I dyed my hair and wear a contact lens. I'm not that naive girl anymore." I add again as my mind play a scene where I'm being bullied and what's more.

 

There is no wind rushing past through us, only an eerie silence. I feel like crying when the memories played in my mind. I'm so helpless that time. There's no one to hold my hand when I'm lost. I'm alone by myself with a miserable heart. His careless words and action break me down. With that, I run away.

 

"Yah, Park Chanyeol! How dare you make our princess cried!" One of our classmates appears after Jung Ah ran away.

"Yeah, even you are our friend, we can't tolerance if you hurt her." The other guys said while glare at Chanyeol.

 

He doesn't said anything as he keeps staring at the place where Jung Ah stand before. Annoyed with Chanyeol's action, the guys start to hits him. Chanyeol fall on the floor but he didn't fight back. He just accept the hit, think that he deserved it.

 

I stare at the sleeping Chanyeol on the bed. How could he being into fight when he didn't know how to defense himself. It's make me angry yet sad to see him in pain. As I put a bandage on his forehead, he slowly opens his eyes. I look at him and pretend to ignore him as I cross my arm on my chest.

 

"I'm sorry." Those magical words escape from Chanyeol's mouth as he wakes from the sleep and turn into a sit position.

"I don't know that you are suffering all this time." He adds and suddenly I raise my head up to look at the ceiling because I don't want my tears to fall down.

"I think I deserve the wound on my forehead and lips for making you hurt."

 

It's okay because I can't stay angry at you for a long time because you are my first love. We just sit there for a quiet time since we don't know how to comfort each other. Maybe he feels guilty and I just don't know what to do next.

 

"Do you want to know something?" Chanyeol said after being silence for a while. I look at his direction and nod slowly.

"What do you want? Black, brown or blonde?" He takes out 3 kind of wig which has a different colors while waves it in front of me. I giggle at his action and he chuckles at my reaction.

 

What else should I pick? First time I met him, my hair is black and with that black hair, I have a lot of invincible memories with him.

 

"Of course black."

 

Flashback

Jung Ah ran away after cut her hair in front of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They seems puzzled with her action and just shrug it off.

 

"What do you want to said just now?" Baekhyun asked his friend again.

"Oh, that. I know but I think she's kinda cute. The way she acts so strong make her looks different. And with that nerdy glass and oily black hair, I fall for her. She's my first love."

 

End of flashback