SuLay BONUS: Heart Attack Hickies

How to Say (It)

I said I'd maybe do some bonus chapters. Well, this story now has 70 subscribers, so here you go! Thanks again for the support, but please don't be a silent reader. If you're one of those 70 wonderful people, I want to hear your comments—you're why I keep writing, but those are how I improve! Thank you!


 

Junmyeon's phone vibrated in his back pocket, disturbing him where he sat warmly cuddled in Yixing's arms. He reached behind to grab it with a groan, starting suddenly when his fingers instead brushed denim—and something else entirely—and caused Yixing to squeak in surprise. Junmyeon groaned again, this time for a different reason, and pecked Yixing quickly on his lips before pulling out his device and checking the screen.


"Oh!" He said in surprise, catching Yixing's attention by his tone. "It's Kyungsoo."


"Your friend?" Yixing clarified, even though they'd just had dinner together a few hours earlier. (He was forgetful like that. In the short portion of the double date that the two couples had actually spent together, this trait of Yixing's had driven Kyungsoo mad. Junmyeon just thought it was adorable—like everything else about the barista.) At a confirming nod from Junmyeon, Yixing peered over the other man's shoulder curiously, wondering if the message contained any updates on Jongin. "What's it say?"


Junmyeon swiped his finger to sign himself into the phone, initially pausing to read his best friend's text, but then quickly covering the message with his hands when he reached its end. "You don't want to see that," he stressed to Yixing, accidentally slipping into Mandarin almost subconsciously. (The language was normally Junmyeon's defense mechanism against a nagging Kyungsoo. Regardless of language used, the latter could still understand and communicate with his friend, but Kyungsoo was smart enough in general to recognize when Junmyeon was getting cagey.) Yixing emitted a questioning hum and raised an eyebrow quite cutely, but Junmyeon surprisingly resisted. "No, really," the Kim heir maintained firmly.


Yixing overlooked Junmyeon's resistance quite agreeably. Instead, he focused his energy on adjusting their position so that Junmyeon was now seated comfortably with his back resting against Yixing's chest and his body situated snugly between the other's legs. Junmyeon thought it was pretty wonderful, cuddling with Yixing like that—especially sonce he'd pined after the barista for quite a while before they had even met. He told Yixing this and was rewarded with a sudden and intense kiss. The Korean boy let out a startled "Oof!" but was far from upset by the intimacy, and allowed himself to be kissed senseless.


Unfortunately, however, Yixing was able to finagle the phone out of Junmyeon's grip in the process and the former gleefully opened Kyungsoo's message as soon as Junmyeon pulled away. (Junmyeon had absolutely no idea how Yixing did it. The Chinese guy could practically be depended on to forget his own name, yet had somehow managed to steal a phone while simultaneously being an amazing kisser. It was pretty overwhelming for Junmyeon to think about.)
He grunted in aggravation, but his new position made it nearly impossible to reach for anything Yixing was actively trying to keep away. Junmyeon harrumphed like a small child and crossed his arms to show he was upset. (He also pouted his lip to emphasize that kisses would improve his mood, but Yixing didn't notice.) "That doesn't work on me," Yixing chuckled gently, "remember?"


Junmyeon thought back through their evening and uncrossed his arms as a memory flitted through his consciousness. That's right, he thought with a hidden grimace as he recalled how embarrassing it had been for him to try an aegyo tantrum and receive no reaction for his troubles.


After they'd split from Kyungsoo and Jongin earlier in the evening, Junmyeon and Yixing had decided to go back to Caceopy, hoping the little cafe's warm drinks and cozy seating would help erase the last of their first date jitters. It's not that they'd been overly nervous or weird before then, but once the other couple was no longer there to act as a buffer, Junmyeon realized that he still really liked Yixing but didn't know how to say it. That epiphany made him awkward and when Junmyeon was uncomfortable, he tended to do stupid things—like hide under a glass table and hope no one could see him. Hence his strong dependency on aegyo.


But the whole concept of acting cute to be appealing or to come across as innocent and/or childlike and/or adorable wasn't really big in China like it was in Korea. Junmyeon had been gone for so long that he'd forgotten this, and had mistakenly thought that pouting brattily, stomping his foot lightly, and whining while fluttering his eyelashes would make Yixing like him more. It didn't. Yixing, rather, had asked if he'd bitten his lip, if his leg got a sudden cramp, and if there was something in his eye that was making his voice change pitch. Junmyeon had been sufficiently mortified, to say the least, and it had taken a good thirty minutes for the residual blush to disappear completely.


Sighing at the memory—and the telltale flush of heat pooling in his cheeks—Junmyeon nodded forlornly at Yixing's reminder. "I know," he muttered, still pouting but trying to be more natural about it. Yixing recognized the effort and ended up kissing Junmyeon's pouting lip anyway because the latter had been too enticing to resist. "Stop distracting me!" a flushed Junmyeon commanded a few minutes later, his chest heaving from exertion. "I want my phone back!"


"Nope." The grin on Yixing's face was wide and wicked, and especially enhanced by mischievously glinting dimples. Junmyeon could tell that the best option was to just let the other man read the message because there was no way Yixing was giving up now. He watched as Yixing's eyes flicked back and forth, reading the words on the screen with obvious amusement. "Hickies, huh?" Yixing asked finally.


Letting out a huge breath—he'd been holding it—Junmyeon looked down sheepishly. "I might have exaggerated a few things to your friend earlier when he asked for Soo's number."


Yixing curled his body and turned his neck so that Junmyeon had a clear view of the former's mild smirk and raised eyebrow of interest. "Did you now?"


"He just looked all excited and happy and said he wanted them to date. And I don't know, Kyungsoo's been my best friend for, like, 12 years and you don't know what he's like!" Junmyeon rambled. "If he realized I'd had a crush longer than him but he got a boyfriend sooner, I'd never hear the end of it. And in, like, 17 languages or something too!" (Since Junmyeon was good with numbers—he was a business major, after all—he did actually keep up to date on the exact number of languages that his best friend was able to speak. This was a great help when Kyungsoo got braggy because Junmyeon could always be counted on to remind his friend of the limits to his accomplishments.)


"Hmm," Yixing contemplated, slowly moving his hands to a nonexistent beard like he was Confucius or something. "Well, I'm assuming if Jongin kissed him tonight, your friend's message would have mentioned something, right?"


Junmyeon made a noise in agreement, surprised that Cacoepy's cute barista was so perceptive. "So we can assume from that that you and I kissed before they did." He cutely kissed Junmyeon's nose for good measure before continuing with a teasing glint in his eyes. "That should be enough to run in his face, don't you think?"


"You're so diabolical," Junmyeon said admiringly. Yixing thanked him politely with a smile and a wink, before something occurred to the Chinese man and he spoke again.


"The message said hickies though," Yixing paused to consider that detail, and Junmyeon gulped to fill the loud silence—and to delay his heart attack. "Guess we'll have some fun then." Yixing winked again and Junmyeon wished desperately for a glass table. "Let's get to work!"


Junmyeon squeaked as Yixing's mouth trailed a hot path down his jaw to settle at the space below his ear. "Here?" Yixing asked, his puffed breath a promise of things to come. Junmyeon didn't answer—couldn't answer—so Yixing moved his mouth to Junmyeon's collar bone and asked again.


"Here?" No answer. Yixing moved once more, sliding the neck of Junmyeon's loose v-neck to the side and lapping lightly at the pale skin of Junmyeon's shoulder. Junmyeon still had no words, but his answering moan was apparently what Yixing was looking for because he began to kiss and the spot with heated fervor. "Here."


If you liked reading this, then I have a request. Please upvote How to Say (It) so that more people get a chance to enjoy the story too!

Also, this bonus is all about SuLay's happy ending. Anyone else's you'd like to read?