"Kiss me."

Kiss Me [DRABBLE]

Dongwoo is standing on the roof of a 13 storey building, spreading his arms and enjoying the wind. Woohyun desperately cries out to him from behind, that he shouldn't jump. He has to stop. He has to live. Dongwoo says to him the two words he has been tirelessly reiterating to him for the past few days. Kiss me. To which Woohyun always deadpans with a no.

Kiss me.

If I kiss you will you not jump?

Woohyun.

If I kiss you will you live? Will it make you happy?

Just please, give me one kiss and I'll be happy. I promise.

Woohyun takes a step closer to the edge where Dongwoo seems more comfortable than any normal person should. He feels he's too close to the edge as it is, and Dongwoo is even closer. With no hesitation Woohyun grabs Dongwoo's shirt and pulls him closer, crashing their lips together. As he feels Dongwoo's hands wrap around his own, his heart drops.

Dongwoo's grip was strong, but firm - it almost seemed like he wanted to keep Woohyun close to him for just a little longer.

That wasn't the case.

I'm happy. Dongwoo whispers then, when their lips finally part. Woohyun looks at him and for the first time sees a real genuine smile. He didn't know it until now but he has always wanted to see it. That's why it had angered him all along. When he smiled so fakely towards everyone, and him.

I'm happy, just as I promised. Now you should promise me something too.

Anything. Woohyun chokes out.

Don't follow me.

 

Woohyun doesn't get to ask Dongwoo what he means as his unspoken question is answered a second later.

Dongwoo's grip on his hands suddenly made sense, as they no longer held his shirt but were by his sides.

The promise.

Dongwoo leans away ever so slightly keeping his smile intact.

Woohyun falls on his knees and sobs, but keeps his promise.

 

If you follow me to heaven, I'll just kick you back down to earth.