The Quiet

The Probability of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys! Please please listen to this amazing song as you read. I already had a story flow in mind and this was the perfect fit for this chapter :) Prepare yourself for the feels - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vykVdJDu28A

Growing distance. Free of explanation.
We're getting deeper in this mess.
Take careful contemplation.
I'd rather be spitting blood,
Than have this silence me up

This separation,
time and space between us.
For some revelation
You didn't care to discuss.
I'd rather be black and blue,
Than accept that you withdrew

Just tell me. Say anything.
Anything hurts less than the quiet


Inna’s POV

The phone calls and late night texts only seemed to last a few weeks.
First, it was the calls - he stopped calling me. We only talked unless I called.
Second, it was the texts - sometimes he’d reply, most times he wouldn’t. 
Third, his words turned cold - maybe he’s just busy.
Fourth, no response - nothing.

I tried to understand, I really did. But texting or calling him and getting no response felt like a waste of time.  

Things really took a toll on me. If he could do it weeks before, why couldn’t he do it now? How naive of me to think someone would actually want me in their life. 

Jiyoung is my happy pill. She was the only one who knew about the situation back home in Singapore and with Hanbin. Being with her made me forget about all my problems and she always knows how to put a smile on my face. I also started to hanging out with my friends again. They knew I started working but they don’t know the reason why. 


“Is it okay if Chanyeol eats lunch with us?” Jiyoung asks as we exit one of our classes together.
“Yeah. It’s been a while since I last saw the guy.” I recall the last time seeing him, I was drunk during his birthday party. 
“You guys still talk?” 
“Not as often but, yeah, casually.”
“You guys were really good together. And not just how you guys look, like, your dynamics were nice.” Jiyoung was the one who introduced us to each other.
I laughed. “Not gonna happen. We’re better off as friends.”

 

We meet Chanyeol at the cafeteria. “What’s up,” he greets us with a hug.
“We’re good. You?” Jiyoung asks as we seated ourselves.
“I missed you guys,” he said.
“It’s been so long.” I said.
“I’ll just order. Inna, do you want anything?”
“The usual ham and cheese sandwich please. Thanks!” I stayed behind while Jiyoung ordered for us both.
“Remember the girl I liked who was always at the library?”
“Yeah, what happened to her?”
“Well, I asked her out last night!” he broke the news with the biggest grin I’ve ever seen. He must really like her.
“That’s good! When can we meet her?” I was excited for him. 
“Maybe after the second date,” he laughed.
“No way. Why not now? Invite her to eat with us!”
“I’m still really shy around her.”
My eyes got bigger. “Park Chanyeol, did you just say you were shy?”
He nodded.
“ just got real,” I said to Jiyoung, who was now approaching the table with our orders.
“Why?”
“Chanyeol is head over heels. And get this, he’s shy around the girl.”
She laughed. “No way.”
“What can I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter