If Only [1/1]

If Only
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
If only... {...Chanyeol could bring back time, he would make it right}

 

Chanyeol didn’t expect it. He didn’t expect it but it happened. And since then he watched something he want slip away from him but what can he do? It’s not his to begin with.

 

Chanyeol didn’t expect it. He didn’t expect it but it happened. He should still be in bed, still enjoying the softness of his bed, because heck it’s just 9 in the morning and it is still early but then happiness doesn’t last forever because his best friend’s timing is great. It’s Sunday, and Chanyeol wants to sleep all day but now he wants to kill his best friend for ruining his day by busting inside his room while yelling on top of his lungs that Chanyeol should get up because the mall is going to open in any minute and they shouldn’t miss the first show. The Hobbit is one of the most awaited movies that they wanted to watch once it is showing but Chanyeol didn’t expect that his best friend is this excited, enough to wake him up in the middle of his sleep. That’s why Chanyeol made a mental note to put a knife on his bedside table so he can just throw it at Jongdae when he decided to disturb his sleep again.

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

“ you Kim Jongdae.”

 

“Hurry up!”

 

“I’m going to kill you Kim Jongdae.”

 

“Park Chanyeol!”

 

“You should really die Kim Jongdae.”

 

Chanyeol mumbled the last sentence before walking out of his walk-in closet already done in dressing his self. He saw his best friend standing there with his hand on his hips as he glares at him.

 

“About time. Now let’s go! We’re going to miss the first show!” Jongdae said as he pulls a grumbling Chanyeol outside the house, bidding Mr. and Mrs. Park a goodbye in the process.

 

“Chanyeol! Hurry up!” Jongdae demanded as he watches Chanyeol lock his car. They just easily find a parking spot since it’s still early and the mall just opened a while ago. “We’re going to miss the first show!”

 

“Kim Jongdae! We can be late and go to the second show. We can also go next weekend if we want to. Calm down.” Chanyeol said as he styled his hair while looking at the window of his car making Jongdae smack his forehead because he feels that all patience that is in his system were disappearing.

 

“NO! That’s a big NO! We CAN’T go to the second show and definitely we CAN’T go next weekend. It’s school tomorrow if you forgot Mr. Park.” Jongdae said as he glared at Chanyeol. Just then the giant blink as he realizes that school will officially starts tomorrow. “I’m sure we got a lot of things to do in our first week in class that’s why we CAN’T go next weekend. You hear me? Huh? We CAN’T go!”

 

Jongdae is literally screaming at the top of his lungs making Chanyeol face palmed his self because of the scene that Jongdae is causing. He saw people looking at their way and he knows that Jongdae won’t stop until he gets what he wants that’s why Chanyeol straightened his posture and glared at Jongdae. “I ing here you alright?”

 

“Good. Now let’s go!” Jongdae said as he pulls a grumbling Chanyeol inside the mall.

 

Oh. If only Chanyeol could kill Kim Jongdae, he’s dead a long time ago.

 

***

 

Chanyeol makes his way inside the school’s property after he was drop by his father. He rubs his eyes because he is still sleepy and still not ready to go to school because he forgot about it making his mother wake him up and drag his lazy in the bathroom so he can get ready for school.

 

It’s his last year in high school already and he is sighing in relief because it will be the last year already although he will miss all the memories of staying up all night to study, do their projects and assignments and other school stuffs. He could also be missing hanging out and messing with his friends but Jongdae is one of them that’s why nah but he can’t possibly deny the fact that he’ll miss his friends just don’t include Jongdae there.

 

Park Chanyeol and Kim Jongdae are childhood best friend and ever since they were born they basically do everything together and by everything together I mean literally do everything together like they always play together, sleep together, go out together, even took a bath together and they enter the same school together which Chanyeol regret when he snap in reality – that means when he enter his teenage years and he remembers all the things they do making him want to forget everything of his childhood years - because Jongdae just won’t shut up every time they are together, embarrass his self in front of everybody and do some weird stuffs and sometimes Chanyeol just want to stitch his best friend’s mouth or tie him to a corner or get away from him but he can’t. He just can’t okay? No more explanation.

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol turned around and saw a guy, shorter than him – everyone is really shorter than him being the giant he is – with a bright smile making Chanyeol smile back at him.

 

“Hey Baek.”

 

Byun Baekhyun. One of Chanyeol’s friends and when I say friend I mean they-know-each-other-for-a-long-time-friend because they basically went to the same school along with Jongdae.

 

“You already know your section Baek?”

 

“They’ll gonna tell us later Yeol that’s why all high school students were going to meet at the social hall.” Baekhyun said making Chanyeol nod. “So where’s Jongdae?”

 

“Hell.”

 

Baekhyun just chuckled which Chanyeol always finds attractive. He always finds Baekhyun’s smile and laugh bright, so bright that if you have problems one smile from Baekhyun and everything will be fine.

 

Just then someone suddenly came and swung his arms around Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Hi guys!”

 

“Not so loud Jongdae. We can perfectly hear you.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“Good Morning!” Jongdae said ignoring Baekhyun’s words making the two face palmed their selves.

 

“Baek!”

 

They heard someone called Baekhyun’s attention making the three of them turn to where that sound came from.

 

They saw a wide-eyed guy, probably shorter than Baekhyun making his way to them as Baekhyun pulls away from Jongdae’s grip and approach the newcomer.

 

“Hey Kyung.” Baekhyun greets as he walk side by side with the said boy.

 

Do Kyungsoo. A singer and Jongdae’s cousin. He is one of Baekhyun’s close friends since the first day of their first year in high school since they belong to the same section back then.

 

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo pass by Chanyeol and Jongdae with morning greetings and smiles as they walk along the hallway, meeting their friends in the process.

 

Baekhyun got a lot of friends but he only stay with his close friends. He got Kyungsoo, the secretary of student’s council named Sehun, and just a quiet Chinese man named Yixing. And believe it or not all of them belong to the same section when they are in their freshmen year in high school; including Jongdae and Chanyeol.

 

Baekhyun’s group was talking loudly, of course, as they slowly went inside the social hall. Chanyeol is standing there with Jongdae thinking if he can be a part of Baekhyun’s group of friend. Jongdae just shrugs and nudged Chanyeol to get inside the social hall. They both enter and after a few minutes the announcing of the sections started.

 

If only Chanyeol can get away from Jongdae and be friends with them.

 

***

 

Chanyeol didn’t expect it. He didn’t expect it but it happened. He is now a part of Baekhyun’s group of friends along with Jongdae. After a few weeks since the start of their last year in high school he is already part of them. Since all of them are not meant to stay in the same section – that means Jongdae is on the other section along with his cousin Kyungsoo – Chanyeol felt that he will be alone in his section and he didn’t want to be a loner in his last year in high school but luckily Baekhyun is there.

 

Baekhyun, Yixing, and Sehun were Chanyeol’s classmate for his last year and he is just thankful that Baekhyun exists because Chanyeol wouldn’t be a loner now because Baekhyun is the one who makes the giant enter their group. The six of them, with the addition of Kyungsoo and Jongdae, hangs out after class on a park and Chanyeol feels that he really belongs to them on top of that he and Baekhyun got a lot of closer, considering the fact that they goes home together because Chanyeol’s house is like a few corners and a few turns of left and right from Baekhyun’s house.

 

“…and we’ve got practice starting tomorrow.” Jongdae whined, he just auditioned in the school’s choir and he passed. “How exhausting that could be.”

 

“Well at least you’re going to practice and not attend classes.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Should I enter the choir also?” Baekhyun said as he took a sip on his soda.

 

“We know that you’ll pass the audition but just review for our group quiz tomorrow.” Yixing said making the others chuckled while Baekhyun makes a face at them.

 

Chanyeol eyed the soda on Baekhyun’s hand. He is aware that Baekhyun have stomach problems named acidic and gastritis because when they are in their elementary years, Baekhyun got confine in the hospital every year since first grade. Baekhyun even got in surgery when he is in sixth grade, got his appendix removed. And Baekhyun’s sickness followed him until middle school and until now, when they are in high school. Baekhyun hates the hospital but since his head is as hard as a stone and still consumes everything that is not allowed he doesn’t have much of a choice if his stomach became upset again.

 

“Well at least you guys are not the secretary of the student’s council. You guys won’t be arranging files over files and stuffs.” Sehun challenged. “So who’s the real winner here?”

 

Sehun only gets ignored or given sarcastic remarks from his friend rather than nice and appreciative comments he was expecting.

 

“Let’s go guys, it’s getting late.” Kyungsoo said and with that all of them grab their go-home-buddy, bidding each other goodbye and going to their different directions.

 

“Bus?” Chanyeol ask as Baekhyun came beside him.

 

“Walk.”

 

Chanyeol nods and they both walk to their direction home. Baekhyun is a talkative little fellow. He would babble about everything which Chanyeol finds it annoying and at the same time adorable. He doesn’t know but when Baekhyun speak, one part of him just can’t seem to stop on listening to him even if he just nods or give short replies and long replies if necessary and the other part of him wants to staple his mouth just like what he feels when Jongdae is the one speaking.

 

“Hey!” Chanyeol ly to see a laughing Baekhyun behind him. He laughs sarcastically at him as he pulls the back of his shoe so he can wear it.

 

Baekhyun is also fond of pulling some pranks or making fun of Chanyeol. He would randomly pinch Chanyeol because he thought that Chanyeol’s skin is elastic – if that ever made sense – And sometimes he would step on the back of Chanyeol’s shoe so when the giant will take a step, the back of his shoe will come out. Sometimes he would just make a face to Chanyeol when the giant is talking and when Chanyeol would caught him, he would just laugh. Sometimes he would also makes sarcastic remarks or cut him off when Chanyeol is talking. Baekhyun would also sing in random times which make Chanyeol either wants to continue listen to him and fall for his angelic voice or wants to covers his ears because of the noise he is creating. Let’s just say Baekhyun likes to make Chanyeol’s life miserable.

 

On the other hand, Chanyeol likes to make fun of Baekhyun also. He would also make sarcastic remarks at Baekhyun when he is talking. He would also cut him off when Baekhyun is talking and he would laugh when Baekhyun will glare at him. He would poke Baekhyun that will earn him a slap. And sometimes he would snap some twig from the plants when they pass by them only to throw it at Baekhyun. Let’s just say that Chanyeol likes to make Baekhyun’s miserable.

 

“Yeol! Let’s have an ice cream!” Baekhyun smiled once Chanyeol is done fixing his shoe. Chanyeol turned to the other side of the street and saw an ice cream shop.

 

“Sure.”

 

And eventually they stay there for more than an hour eating and just talking, well Baekhyun doing mostly of the talking part and Chanyeol is on the eating part.

 

“Any assignments or quiz for tomorrow?” Baekhyun ask as he scoops another part of his ice cream. “Aside from the group quiz.”

 

Chanyeol shook his head.

 

After eating they went on their way again. Baekhyun stops on speaking – much to Chanyeol’s relief and disappointment – as they walk with a comfortable silence lingering around them.

 

After a few minutes of walking, they arrived at Baekhyun’s doorsteps bidding each other goodbye.

 

“Bye.”

 

“Bye.”

 

And Chanyeol goes on his way glancing at Baekhyun’s house wishing that he is still on the doorstep. Chanyeol sighs and goes on his way not knowing if he would enjoy the silence or be disappointed with it.

 

If only he could make the time longer when they are together.

 

***

 

Chanyeol didn’t expect it. He didn’t expect it but it happened. He is sitting with the popular group in their school named EXO, talking and laughing with them. It consists of the best dancer in their school’s dance crew named Kai, the best football player named Xiumin and the martial arts kid – as to what the other students refer to him – named Tao; all of them are good looking and popular in their own ways.

 

Chanyeol didn’t know why he got to be with them. It is Friday and he went out of their room after their last class wanting to head home immediately so he can rest when he saw Jongdae with his cousin Kyungsoo waiting outside. He smiled at Kyungsoo and before the wide-eyed guy can speak he was already drag by his best friend along the hallway.

 

“Off to the mall with EXO.”

 

With that being said his eyes widened and before he can register anything they are already on the gates with EXO waiting on them. When the six handsome guys look at them they smiled and greeted the two.

 

“Hey guys, so here’s my best friend Chanyeol.” Jongdae said as he gestured for Chanyeol to say something to them.

 

Chanyeol just stood there while blinking at them and when he snaps in reality he bowed and introduces his self. “Annyeonghaseyo, Park Chanyeol imnida.”

 

“Now now. Don’t be so formal, we’re like batch mates.” Xiumin laughs as he pats the back of Chanyeol. “And we already know you Chanyeol, Kai and you were classmates when we are in second year and we went to a Math contest last year along with Tao.”

 

Chanyeol blinks and when something clicks on his mind he nods and Kai approaches him as they exchanged hi-five. Kim Jongin or known as Kai is the famous dancer who had a crush on Baekhyun when they are on second year. Chanyeol don’t know but at that thought he feels something that tugs his heart.

 

“Let’s go, I’m hungry.” Tao said. And with that they all make their way to the mall. That explains why he is at a pizza restaurant talking to them.

 

The five of them spend their time talking, laughing and playing on the arcade. Chanyeol feels he belong to the group already because even the intimidating martial arts kid named Tao who doesn’t really speak began talking to him.

 

Chanyeol feels happy being with them and curious to why suddenly he is with them. He then pulls the culprit that makes him hang out with the popular group of the school while they are playing on the arcade.

 

“Explain.”

 

With the look that Chanyeol is giving him, Jongdae began talking. “You see my giant best friend. I’m classmate with Xiumin and Tao. I started talking to them and became friends with them, just then they invited me to come today since its Friday and all and before I could suggest that you could come, Kai already said that I should also invite you and the others agreed, so yeah.”

 

Chanyeol nodded as he makes an o-shaped with his mouth.

 

“Right. So let’s go.” Jongdae said and he pulls him back to where the guys are playing.

 

They play and eat and have fun together. When it’s getting late they decided to go home. Chanyeol and Kai get to the bus together because Kai’s home is also the way on Chanyeol’s while the others get their pairs also.

 

“Had fun?” Kai ask once they sit on the bus.

 

“Yup.” Chanyeol nods. “Thanks for inviting me.”

 

“No problem. I hope we guys can hang out more.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and silence follows after. Neither of them knows what to say or even want to speak. Kai puts his earphones on while Chanyeol just stares outside wondering if Baekhyun goes home alone today. He made a mental note to see if he’s online and apologize later.

 

As Chanyeol is looking at the view outside Kai spoke.

 

“Anyway, do you have Baekhyun’s number?” Kai sheepishly rubs the back of his neck as Chanyeol stared at him. “I-I was just-“

 

Chanyeol blinks and smile at him. “You still like him?”

 

“N-Neh.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled and gets his phone to look for Baekhyun’s number. He finds it adorable to see that the famous dancer became shy because he has a crush on his friend but at the same time something stirs inside of him. He then finds Baekhyun’s number and gave it to Kai.

 

“This is my stop.” Kai said as he gave Chanyeol’s phone back. “I also get your number in case when I am bored I can just call you so we can hang out if that’s okay to you. I’m kinda bored with the dorks I’m with.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled as he nods indicating that it’s okay. He knows that Kai is just joking because he can tell that he can’t live without his friends like how he can’t live without Jongdae; yeah that’s cheesy. “I feel you. Just give me a text. I’m tired of Jongdae too.”

 

Kai chuckled. “Thank you. I’m going. Bye.” He stood up and went down along with some of the passengers.

 

“Bye.” Chanyeol waved and soon he is alone.

 

The moment he reached home, he ate his dinner while explaining to his parents why he is late, he took a quick shower and changed to his comfortable home clothes, opened his laptop and sigh in relief when the person he want to talk to is online.

 

Park Chanyeol: Hey.

Byun Baekhyun: Where were you Park Chanyeol? >.<

 

Chanyeol chuckled.

 

Park Chanyeol: Hang out with EXO today.

Byun Baekhyun: Wow! So you’re basically crawling your way to the popular side?

Park Chanyeol: Maybe? :p Just kidding, maybe I’ll be hanging out with them since                             Jongdae is friends with them so yeah.

Byun Baekhyun: So that basically gives you the idea to ditch me? >.< I’m still mad                               though!

Park Chanyeol: Calm! Okay I’ll treat you to anything. Maybe tomorrow?

Byun Baekhyun: Time?

Park Chanyeol: 10. I’ll pick you up.

Byun Baekhyun: Sure.

Park Chanyeol: Great.

Byun Baekhyun: Now don’t disturb me. I’m watching.

Park Chanyeol: Rude. I’ll just text you. See you tomorrow.

Byun Baekhyun: See you.

 

Chanyeol logout his account and starts to watch his favourite TV series which is the Game of Thrones.

 

“Ugh. I’m going to spend money again.” Chanyeol grumbled but as he watches he can’t help but smile.

 

The next day, Chanyeol woke up as early as 8 in the morning, he is not excited ok? He just can’t sleep that’s why he gets ready. By 8:30 he already ate his breakfast and by 9 he already takes a shower and already gets dress.

 

He is currently watching in their living room to kill time because it’s still early. Just then her mother came and talk to him.

 

“Excited?” Mrs. Park chuckled as she sat on the sofa.

 

“Aniyo omma.” Chanyeol shook his head while his eyes are still on the TV. “I just can’t sleep and why would I be excited? I’m going to spend money again.”

 

“Yeah, says the guy who is up so early and don’t know to do just to gets ready. You’re going to meet with Baekhyun at 10 Yeol, not 8.”

 

Chanyeol glared at his mother while Mrs. Park laughs at her son. She stood up and pats his head telling him to be careful before walking away.

 

The TV is opened but his eyes are on the clock. The long wait is killing him that’s why the moment the small and big hand of the clock reads 9:45, he immediately turns the TV off and sprang from his seat. He bid goodbye to his parents and before his parents can say goodbye in return he is already out of the house.

 

He rides the bus and impatiently taps his hands on his lap as he looks outside waiting for his stop. He opens his phone and types a message to Baekhyun.

 

To: Baek

I’m on my way.

 

After a few minutes his phone vibrated indicating that someone texted him. He opened it and it’s a message from Baekhyun.

 

From: Baek

What? I haven’t taken a shower yet.

 

Chanyeol face palmed his self as he realizes what he had done. He is too eager to go out and now he wants the bus to takes a slower pace so that he won’t reach Baekhyun’s house that fast making him look like he is excited.

 

After a few minutes he reached Baekhyun’s house. Mrs. Byun said he is still getting ready that’s why she said that Chanyeol should go inside first while waiting for her son.

 

“So how have you been Chanyeol?” Mrs. Byun smiled as she brings juice for him. “You’re so tall now.”

 

“I’m fine Mrs. Byun.” Chanyeol smiled back as she thanks her for the juice.

 

“Come here sometimes and bring Jongdae too.”

 

“Neh.”

 

“I’ll leave you here then, I still have things to do. If you’re tired of waiting for Baekhyun just go to his room.”

 

“Neh Mrs. Byun.”

 

Mrs. Byun pats his head as she smiles at him and heads to the kitchen to resume what she is doing.

 

Chanyeol waited for twenty minutes. He already finishes his drink and Baekhyun is still not done. When he decided to go to Baekhyun’s room to give him a piece of his mind, he heard heavy footsteps going down the stairs. And Baekhyun is there, standing with his bright smile and with that Chanyeol’s frustration is gone.

 

“Thanks for making me wait for like an hour?” Chanyeol sarcastically said making Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

 

“It’s only like a few minutes you giant.” Baekhyun said. “And you’re the one who invited me so deal with it.” Baekhyun smiled sweetly as he passes by Chanyeol and went to the kitchen to bid goodbye to his mother.

 

Chanyeol didn’t know but the moment Baekhyun smiled at him his hear flutters. He blinks and shook his head convincing his self that he is just hungry that’s why his heart flutters that way, if that even makes sense.

 

When Baekhyun returns, they hear Mrs. Byun holler from the kitchen telling them to be careful making them holler a “neh” back. The both of them walk out of the house, riding the bus as they made their way to the mall.

 

On their way, Chanyeol couldn’t help but notice that Baekhyun is texting with someone. As they are on the bus Chanyeol would frown whenever Baekhyun would open his phone and type something because Baekhyun doesn’t really text someone.

 

Baekhyun is looking outside and when he opens his phone for the nth time that day Chanyeol couldn’t help but ask.

 

“Who are you texting?” He said as he peeks at Baekhyun’s phone.

 

“Kai.”

 

Chanyeol stops when he heard it and when he saw the message he sent Baekhyun.

 

From: Kai

You guys be careful and enjoy :)

 

They arrived at the mall and they play and eat all day. Chanyeol enjoyed the day and he knows that Baekhyun also. But he would enjoy it more when Baekhyun wouldn’t open his phone and type a message to Kai every once in a while.

 

If only he didn’t give Baekhyun’s number to Kai.

 

***

 

Chanyeol didn’t expect it. He didn’t expect it but it happened. He just woke up one day with the thoughts of a certain guy with a bright smile in his mind. He shook his head how many times to remove his bright smile in Chanyeol’s mind. He started doing a lot of things for him to divert his attention but every time he do that his mind would only goes back to Baekhyun.

 

It is already a week since their bonding time and Chanyeol could remember vividly what happened. Baekhyun would talk nonstop telling stuffs about literally everything. Chanyeol wants to stitch his mouth and at the same he wants to listen to him but the part of him that wants to listen to Baekhyun is much stronger than the part where he wants to stitch his mouth which is odd.

 

When they are watching a movie, which is a horror movie named Insidious, Chanyeol finds it adorable whenever Baekhyun would cover his eyes and ears when some scary stuffs would appear in the screen. Chanyeol’s heart beat literally went fast when Baekhyun clings to him at the peak of the movie. Let’s just say that Chanyeol isn’t really into the movie but he is into the guy beside him.

 

But because of the moment his brain went out when he gave Baekhyun’s number to Kai making Baekhyun types a message every now and then to the dancer, Chanyeol would’ve enjoy it more.

 

For the past few days, he would tease Baekhyun more than he usually does. He would make fun of him but he would limit it because he doesn’t want to experience what Jongdae experienced when they are in second grade. Chanyeol remember when they are in second grade, Jongdae and him likes to make fun of Baekhyun, a lot. When Baekhyun had enough, he runs after them and throws a can of soda at them which hits Jongdae perfectly in the head.

 

Chanyeol would also be protective to him whenever Baekhyun would eat or drinks something that would upset his stomach. He would also care for him and on top of that he would compliment him, like he would compliment how good Baekhyun’s hair is or how good Baekhyun’s voice is. He would also encourage him to the things Baekhyun likes or gives him strength when Baekhyun feels he couldn’t do a thing, like the time Baekhyun auditioned to be a part of the school’s choir.

 

Chanyeol didn’t realize it until today. It’s Saturday and he realizes the things he did for the past few days the moment he woke up and Baekhyun is lingering on his mind.

 

He is now pacing back and forth in his room, thinking so hard what he would do.

 

“Okay so Park Chanyeol you’ve got to stay calm okay? You can’t possibly like Baekhyun you hear me? You can’t.”

 

And just then his best friend magically appears from his door with his eyes as wide as his cousin. Kim Jongdae’s timing is really great.

 

“What?! You like Baekhyun.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widen as he immediately grabs Jongdae, pulling him inside and closing the door. “Hush! I’m still finding a reason to prove myself wrong okay!”

 

“Well about time you realized that idiot.” Jongdae said as he sits on Chanyeol’s bed.

 

Chanyeol blinks at what Jongdae said.

 

“What?” Jongdae ask with an eyebrow raised. “You really think that will all the things you act around Baekhyun, doesn’t make me notice that you’re into him? Oh come on Yeol. You are being so clingy, protective and all to him this week considering the fact that you’re not like that.”

 

Chanyeol’s right eye twitches as he feels his face heat up with all the things that Jongdae is saying.

 

Of course Jongdae didn’t notice it that’s why he continues on rambling about the things Chanyeol did as he stood up and he is now the one pacing back and forth in Chanyeol’s room.

 

“You will be like “Baekhyun you should try to audition to the school’s choir because I know that you can do it because you’re voice is so good” or “you shouldn’t eat this because it’s bad for you or yo-“

 

“I get it okay!” Chanyeol shouted once he had enough and Jongdae notices how red Chanyeol’s face is. “I made a fool out o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter