I : Of 4 Men, First Meeting, and the Orange

Oberon:The Inverse Portal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It  starts with light,

And ends with light,

And in betweens, there is darkness.

Nothing there is beyond hope,

Nothing that can be sworn impossible,

Nothing left than imagined.

Since it is made night from midday.

Hiding the light of the shining sun,

And raining dark teardown upon men.

 

Seoul, South Korea, Korea

A girl grabbed some letters from mailbox. The house was minimalist with some nautical and western (and slightly vintage) interior. The wall painted with all-white and creamy, for the floor covered with wood. That girl read one by one all the letters, which are most of them are for his dad who is a captain in one of cruise ship. She put all the letter in her dad’s work desk.

When her eyes catched a letter for her, ‘Kang Seulgi’. She quickly find out who is the sender. So, she flipped the envelope.

‘Oberon School

Ms. Joy Park’

She frowned. She never knew who the heck ‘Ms. Joy Park’ is and if they actually have a school named so weird like Oberon School. Hold on—what if this school is on aboard? Let’s say, London for instance?

“Love letter, huh, young lady?” Kang Seulgi’s mom—Tiffany asked.

“Oh, mom—it’s so old-fashioned!” Seulgi chuckled as she sit in front of her mother who drank her afternoon tea.

Oh, come on. Which era that a boy still sends her a love letters. Nowadays, the person who confessed to her usually send her some short messages or kakao talk her—but how can these guys know her numbers? Though, Seulgi never receive an exactly love letter from a guy.

 

“You want some, love?” Tiffany offered her some of cookies that Tiffany’s baked.

“No thanks, mom,”

Seulgi’s beautiful fingers carefully opened that letter, and her eyes are widened. This is not that love letter, this is an invitation of transferred student to a private school. ing rich-wealthy-private school, they said.

Hey! It must be some prank!—she thought.

She know her scores are not that good. Standard, but not bad. But for a full-scholarship, it’s kind of impossible. She know that and particularly all the people know that she was not that damn smart. Even her daddy know well about her scores.

Administration fee, dorm fee, uniform fee, all subject books’ fee, facilities fee, breakfast and lunch fee, transportation fee, outdoor activity fee, and all the things about fees.

It will full payment by anyone that-damn-rich-chick-who-called-herself-as Joy Park. Seulgi wants to know who is Joy Park is. Is she a noble? Is she a president’s daughter? Or some rich girls who don’t know where she should spend all of her money.

“What was the love letter said about you, honey?” Tiffany asked.

“It’s not that love letter, mom,” Seulgi waves out her hand, “Anyway, mom—it’s some kind of invitation,”

“Tell me more, love,”

“Well, it’s invitation of transferred student to a private school in nowhere—in the letter, there’s no explanation of the location—back to topic, and it says that private school is one of number one school in the world and has been claimed by many of school. They said, only certain people can go to there,”

Tiffany nodded, “Can mommy know what school is it?”

“Name, Oberon School,”

Tiffany’s eyes widened and her body is stiffen, when her daughter said the names.

“I don’t know what the heck Oberon School is,” Seulgi raised both of her shoulder, “And I have no idea where is,”

The mother smiled and Seulgi’s hand softly, “Wherever is it. Isn’t it nice to go somewhere else that new for you? Maybe Oberon School could be some place that nice and adventures?”

“Yeah. The name tells everything,”

“You should go, then,”

“But—if I leave, you will be alone,”

“Seulgi, your future is more important. Mom still have your father, Nickhun—so, don’t worry be happy,”  the mother replied.

“If mom is okay with that.  I want to go then,” Seulgi smiled widely as she hugged her mom tightly.

Seulgi can feel the excitement when she studied in Oberon School. Maybe she will find one or bunch of true friends, maybe she will find a great teacher, maybe she will find new love?

Who knows right?

What is the you that you’ve dreamed of?
Who do you see in the mirror? I gotta say
Go on your path, even if you live for a day
Do something, put aside your weakness

A handsome young man knocked on the door where one of  the candidate of Oberon School’s student lives is. The house is western nuanced with large backyard and red tulips arranged neatly on the front porch. When he wanted knocked for the second time, he heard a women yelled—that he recognized as the mother.

“Yes?” finally a girl with a blonde hair come out.

“I’m here as my lady’s order that I must pick up Miss Irene Bae,” he said.

“Are you Joy Park’s bodyguard?” Irene asked.

“Yes—well, actually I’m not her bodygua—,”

“Oh, Great. At last!” she cut his words off and push out her suitcase, “I can get out from here in second.”

“Pardon me, miss?”

“Hurry, leave this house!” she exclaimed—almost yelled.

That man with expensive tax whistled with his two fingers to called out his personal driver that waited in front of black Cadillac DTS Limousine. The driver is immediately approached them and helped Irene to brought her suitcase. That man quickly followed her to leave that house. In fact, he didn’t understand, why Irene wanted him to leave that house as soon as possible. Firstly he opened the door for Irene before he is also entered the car. After the driver put the suitcase on the luggage, suddenly a woman come out from the house then shouted like crazy and said:

‘IRENE! COME BACK YOU !’

The man flinched, “Whoa! How rude is she,”

From inside the car, Irene feels so furious—the man who sat on her side can tell it. Then suddenly a hand pulled her head to his shoulder.

“Take a deep breath, and close your eyes,” he whispered.

As the driver close the car’s door,  he told his driver, “Pierre, speed up the car!”

“Yes, sir,”

In fast, they leave the house. Though, Irene can’t help but take a look her house for the last.

“Woo. Seems she is really angry. Is that your mom?” he asked.

“Yeah, actually she don’t want me to go to Oberon School,” Irene bitterly smiled, “But, just leave it. I always wanted to get out from that house,”

“Sorry about that,”

“Nah, never mind,”

“Well, Miss Irene Bae,” he said as he correct his sit position, “My name is Tao, Wu Zitao—,”

Again—“Wait. You are Chinese?”—Irene cut his words again.

“Not really, but I am,” Tao chuckled.

“Wow! I can assume that Oberon School is really high level, isn’t it?” Irene smile brightly.

Tao blinked for second—last time he saw this girl was disappointed like lost puppy, but somehow Irene changed her mood so quickly. Tao can’t help but nodded her answer. He relaxed himself on his seat, while Irene still impressed about the car’s interior. She started to think how rich Joy is, so that she can get full payment.

 “Oh yes!” Tao jumped and take a big box from the other seat, “My lady send this for you,”

“Oh my,” Irene gasped with she opened up the present, then she looked at small memo from Joy.

 ‘Dear Miss Bae,

This is one of my congratulate present and welcome present.

Hope you love this new edition of Dior.

Wear this coat when you are arrive in Oberon,

Cause It’s kinda chill in Oberon.

Make sure to keep you warm with this coat.

XOXO,

Joy Park’

Irene felt so happy because Joy gave her a Dior’s fur coat which is really freaking expensive. And long time ago, she is really want to have this jacket with she’s saving her money. For Miranda Kerr’s sake, this present is more than everything. She is immediately wanted to meet Joy and hope she can be her good friends.

“Do you want me to play some music?”

“Yes, please,”

“Some Mozart will do?” he asked.

Irene was little bit surprised with Tao’s music style, “Sure, sure,”

Then he played some Mozart that Irene doesn’t know specifically about it. It’s not she never heard, but only one or two pieces. She can figure that Wu-man could be some kind of Joy Park’s team—she can see from his feature’s face, clothes, shoes, car, and his favourite music. And his sweet scent can make her in heaven. Irene is examined every single of Tao’s face. She almost falling to him, just looking at his face.

Ah—he is look like a panda, she told to herself.

“What? Is there something bothered you?” he asked.

Irene shook his head.

“Really?”

Then she gave him a nod.

He smirked, “Oh. So cute are you,”

Irene suddenly her cheek is redden now after hearing what Tao said to her.

“Now, now. Just relax, cause it will be a long journey,”

She cannot help but to relax beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter