More Than Meets the Eye

Strong Babies One Shot Collection

Requested by mechyni: "Mark from GOT7 and Mijoo from Lovelyz. A romantic fic in which Mijoo is an actress and Mark is a new acting-dol. Mijoo doesn't like acting-dols because their not good at acting, but when she and Mark star in a drama together, she starts to reconsider."

(I HAVE FOUND PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE! :D)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Mijoo-ah!" The girl turned toward the voice calling her name. She looked at her manager, Seunghyun, curiously. "Are you ready to finally start shooting?"

 

"Of course I am, Manager oppa! It's another project that I've worked hard on. Though, I'm not sure if if like my costar." Mijoo looked over at the young male sitting on a chair getting makeup done to his face.

 

"Huh? You mean Mark? Why don't you like him?"

 

"He's a Kpop idol, not an actor. Most kpop idols I know of, aren't usually the greatest actors." Mijoo sat down in her chair, her name printed neatly on the back.

 

"Oh, come on, Mijoo-ah. You've only seen him a couple of times. Get to know him a bit more. Maybe it'll change your mind." Mijoo rolled her eyes. Seunghyun put his hand onto her head and rustled it. Mijoo yelled "Yah! Don't mess up my hair, oppa!" Seunghyun just smiled as Mijoo glared at him.

 

"Places, everyone! Mijoo! I need you up here!" The director yelled. As Mijoo was fixing her hair, she started walking over to the director.

 

"I'll talk to you later!" Seunghyun yelled. Mijoo turned back and meronged him, which he graciously smiled back. Mark caught up to the director, smiling with his teeth.

 

"So, you and Mark are doing you're big scene where he," he points to the smiling Mark. "Confesses to you. I know you've read it many times, now, it's time to act it out. Now, just stand by that tree and wait for Mark to say his line." The director rushed back to the camera man to talk about shooting the scene. Mijoo looked back at Mark and caught him staring at her.

 

"Why are you staring at me?" Mijoo asked. Mark shook his head and smiled again.

 

"No reason." He eye-smiled at her, which she responded with a confused eyebrow raise.

 

"Okay, guys! We're gonna start shooting. Mark, go a feet that way and wait for my cue to move in. Mijoo, look at that tree solemnly. Hurry!" Mark ran to where the director pointed at and Mijoo turned toward the tree, getting her acting face on. "And GO!"

 

Mark's character, Jaejin, walks toward Mijoo's character, Nieun, and says "Nieun-ah."

 

Mijoo turns her head to the side saying "Jaejin oppa. You know we're not supposed to be seen together. What if-"

 

"Forget about that. No one can separate us and make us be in love with other people. Not even my father."

 

"He's your FATHER, Jaejin." Mijoo yells, fake tears coming out of her eyes. "You should listen to him and forget about me."

 

"Yah. Look at me." Mijoo didn't move, bracing herself for Mark to spin her around. "I said look at me." Mark gently gripped her arm and turned her to face him. Once she looked into his eyes, her heart stopped. The emotion that he had in his eyes were genuine. 'He's really acting, isn't he?' Mijoo thought. She didn't even notice that she had missed her line.

 

"Um, Mijoo? Are you okay?" Mark asked. Mijoo shook her head out of daydreaming and stared back at Mark confusingly.

 

"Oh! I'm sorry. I kind of forgot my line," Mijoo said, which was a complete lie because she had the lines for the scene memorized. "Can we try that again?" The director pushed the middle of his forehead with two fingers while Mark looked at Mijoo with a dorky smile on her face.

 

"Alright, Mijoo. Let's go from 'He's your father,' okay?" Mark walked back to his place and Mijoo turned around, a slight blush threatening to crawl on her face. "Annnnnnnnd ACTION!"

 

"He's your FATHER, Jaejin!" Mijoo yells again, sniffling as she prepares for tears. "You should listen to him and forget about me."

 

"Yah. Look at me. I said look at me." Mark spinned her around gently and this time, Mijoo focused between Mark's eyes. Mark held Mijoo's hands delicately, which Mijoo blushed at.

 

"Now listen to what I'm saying, Nieun. I've been crazy about you since I layed my eyes on you. You're pretty, smart, and kind." Mijoo smiled and looked at the ground shyly, pretending to be embarrassed. Although, her heart fluttered slightly at his words.

 

Mijoo looked up at Mark again and her smile dropped.

 

"But what about-" Mark cut her off.

 

"But nothing. I don't care for anyone who disagrees with us. The point is..." Mark looked to the side. Mijoo remembered that at that moment, the script said that she would place her hand on his right cheek. She did so and gently brought his face back to facing hers. "I love you, Mijoo-ah..." Mijoo froze while her eyes bulged. Mark looked at her weirdly, mouthing "What?"

 

"Um..." she started whispered. "You said my name, instead of Nieun's..." she trailed off, another stream of red flushing to her face. Mark's face was blank for a few seconds. Once he realized his mistake, he facepalmed his forehead.

 

"I'm sorry, director-nim. Guess I zoned out for a second," Mark said shyly as he ruffled his hair. Mijoo covered and giggled.

 

"Huhhhhh, it's okay, Mark. We're gonna run through that line again. Get ready now." Mark put his hand down and got into position. Mijoo ceased her smiling and focused on getting sadder. "And, ACTION!"

 

"But nothing. I don't care for anyone who disagrees with us. The point is..." Mark looked to the side. Mijoo placed her hand on his right cheek again and gently dragged his face to face hers. "I love you, Nieun-ah..." Mijoo faked a gasp.

 

"Jaejin, I..." Mijoo looks into Mark's eyes, and the fluttering begins sto increase in her stomach. "I love you too."  Mark held Mijoo's left cheek as he slowly leaned in. Mijoo's nerves were building up more and more, but she ignored them as she leaned in too. The moment their lips met, Mijoo's heart was beating so loudly that she wouldn't be surprised if Mark had heard it. After a minute, Mark let go of the kiss, to which Mijoo inwardly sighed.

 

"C'mon. Lets go talk to my father. We can do this, together." Mijoo smiled as a fake tear trailed her cheek and nodded her head. Mark smiled and held her left hand with his right. They walked down the rocky road as the camera panned out.

 

"And, CUT!" Mijoo immediately let go of Mark's hand and rushed to the director, with the latter trailing behind. "That was great, you two. A little bit awkward on the kiss, but don't worry. We can do it again if we need to. Now you go and take a well deserved break while we film other scenes, okay?" The two actors nodded as their director walked away. Mijoo and Mark awkwardly stood there before Mijoo spoke again.

 

"Um, I'm going to go into my trailer for a bit. Excuse me." Mijoo walked fast away from Mark, who curiously grinned at the running figure. As soon as Mijoo got into her trailer, she sat down and started talking to herself.

 

"What was that? What was I even doing? Blushing at his touch? Getting fluttery when looking into his eyes? And the kiss..." Mijoo softly touched her lips at the memory of the kiss. She shook her head. "No no no. I'm overthinking this. There's nothing going on. Right?" A knock came from her door. She opened it and found Mark standing there. She nervously gulped. "Oh. Hi, Mark. What are you doing here?" He pointed toward the inside, so Mijoo moved out of the way to let him in.

 

"So..." Mijoo looked at her feet. Mark giggled, which made Mijoo look up instantly. "What?"

 

"Nothing," Mark said, smiling bright. "It's just that you looked cute when you forgot your lines."

 

"It didn't help that you were staring at me so intently." Mark kept smirking, not intimidated by her words.

 

"So, would you say I'm a good actor, even for an..." he took a long step toward Mijoo, with only a little space between them. "Acting-dol?" Mijoo looked up and blushed more at the sudden closeness. She smiled.

 

"Yeah. I have to admit, you were pretty good out there."

 

"Even that kiss?" Mijoo blushed and looked at her right shoulder shyly. "Haha! Don't even try to lie to me. You KNOW you liked it." Mijoo looked into his eyes.

 

"And what if I did?" Mark smirked and squinted his eyes even more.

 

"If you did, you probably wouldn't mind if I did this." Mark held her chin and planted his lips onto her, catching Mijoo by surprise. Her eyes bulged at the sudden move, but as the kiss went on, she relaxed, closed her eyes, and returned the kiss. Mark wrapped his arms around her small waist, while she wrapped her arms around his neck as the kiss deepened. They let go after a minute, realizing that they were panting from the lack of oxygen. They placed their foreheads together, still with their eyes closed.

 

"Am I to assume that that is a yes?"

 

"I don't know. What do you think, Mr. Acting-dol?" Both Mijoo and Mark smirked as they leaned again for another kiss, this time, lasting for much longer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, guys! Sorry that this came out so late! I've been really busy with school and I recently did a State-wide music event(which was awesome, btw) and I haven't been able to update. I hope this was a satisfying update!

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you liked this!

Love Ya! <3

Geeky