Similar Love

Strong Babies One Shot Collection

Request by baekmi: "Seungyoon from Winner and Seulgi from Red Velvet. A romantic fic in which Seungyoon and Seulgi found it was surprising that they have simiarlities, both are Kang, born in early 1994, and both are beyond perfection. Idol life included."

Alrighty, then. First fic is a go!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Alright, guys! You guys are going to take a break from all of the work you've done so far. Be back here in half an hour, okay?" One of the choreographers asked. He heard a resounding "Neh!" from the young adults in the room and proceeded to smile. The group's members of Winner, Red Velvet, Lovelyz, and Got7, smiled back at their choreographers. Today was the last day to practice for their upcoming performance of Moves Like Jagger, named Strong Babies because of their strong rookie staus's. Everyone was worried and stressed for the performance but still worked their hardest to make it amazing.

 

The young adults staring moving out of the room and went off in their own directions. One lone girl started walking toward to water fountain to fill up her very empty water bottle and panted from the dancing. Once the bottle was filled, she started to drink and in a few seconds, almost half of it was going down .

 

"So, I see you're thirsty, huh?" The girl became frightened by the voice behind her and almost choked on her water. She looked up and noticed it was one of the guys from the group, Winner. His expression became worried at the sound of her choking. "Are you okay?"

 

"Y-yeah. I'm fine. You just snuck up on me."

 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I just noticed that you looked out of breath and wanted to know if you were okay. I'm Kang Seungyoon, by the way." Seungyoon reached out his hand toward the stunned and perplexed, gripping the water bottle. She shyly stuck her hand out and accepted his handshake.

 

"I'm Kang Seulgi." Seungyoon's eyes brightened at her name.

 

"Hey, we have the same last name! Are we related or something?" Seungyoon joked. Seulgi smiled and let out a little chuckle at the guy's humor. It was then that she realized that her hand was still connected to his. She retreated her hand quickly and slightly blushed. Seungyoon's smile grew at the girl's mannerisms. Seulgi sat down on the bench next to the water fountain and started drinking again. Seungyoon walked and sat next down next her, his arms laying on his legs.

 

There was a clear awkward that was swirling around them and neither idol knew what to do to break the silence. Finally, Seungyoon cleared his throat and Seulgi looked at him curiously.

 

"We have a half hour break. We shouldn't waste it by just sitting here in silence. So, lets spend this time getting to know each other."

 

"Sorry, Seungyoon-sshi. I agree. What do you want to know?" Seungyoon playfully put his hand on his chin, as if her was truly pondering. Seulgi giggled at him.

 

"How about some of the basics." Seulgi nodded.

 

"Well, my name is Kang Seulgi, as you know. I was born on February 10th, 1994 and grew up in Seoul, South Korea. I'm the lead vocalist in Red Velvet and have trained for seven years." Seungyoon's eyes bulged. Seulgi gave him a confused expression and asked "What?"

 

"Oh, nothing. It's just that seven years is a long time to train before you debut."

 

"Yeah. There were some times when I almost gave up and thought that I was would never debut..." Seulgi's expression went blank, almost sulken for a moment and Seungyoon wanted to put his arm over her shoulder and tell her that he's there for her.

 

"But, I'm here now. I've debuted and I'm happy." Seulgi turned to Seungyoon and double smiled at him, with her lips and her eyes. Seungyoon blushed and turned away as he thought about how cute those smiles were. "Anyways, what about you?"

 

"My name is Kang Seungyoon. I was born on January 21st, 1994 and I've lived in Busan since I was young. I was part of the YG Mix & Match show and became the leader and lead vocalist to Winner." Seulgi kept nodding, smiling ever so slightly. "I understand you're feeling of working really hard, wanting to debut. Heck, you can see it on TV. But, it's been worth it, because I get to do what I love." Another silence fell upon them, but this time, it wasn't awkward. It was, comfortable.

 

"Hehe..." Seulgi heard Seungyoon let out. She curiously turned her face to him.

 

"What is it?"

 

"I just realized," Seungyoon said as he gently smiled. "We have a lot in common."

 

"I guess we do." Seulgi smiled back the same way. She didn't expect then to receive a hug from the guy, his arms wrapped around her. She sat there, stunned for a moment, before he spoke again.

 

"If you ever need to talk or vent to anyone, you can call me. I wouldn't mind."  Seulgi smiled once more and hugged Seungyoon back. After a minute, they let go of the hug, but stopped halfway. They were stuck staring into each other's eyes, as if communicating their thoughts through eye contact.

 

"Yah! Seungyoon-ah! We have to get back to-" Seungyoon and Seulgi broke out of their stare and turned to the incoming voice.

 

"Oh, Jinwoo hyung!" Seungyoon said as he let go of Seulgi, which Seulgi did also. He cleared his throat when Jinwoo was looking at him weirdly. "What is it?"

 

"Um, we're called back into the studio. So be there as soon as possible." Seungyoon gave him a thumbs up and Jinwoo walked back to the studio. Seungyoon stood up and offered Seulgi has hand, which she gladly accepted.

 

"Jinwoo-sshi is right. We better get back to rehearsal. We don't want to get yelled," Seulgi said. Seungyoon nodded and agreed as the two walked back to the studio. Before they went in, Seulgi stopped and turned to Seungyoon and hugged him again, which caught the latter off guard. She let go and said "I would like that." She playfully smiled at Seungyoon and walked into the studio. Seungyoon's smile grew as he walked back into the studio, thinking about their future conversations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welp. I made my first one shot in this collection. Woohoo! If you want to request anything, make sure to put it in the comments.

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you liked this one shot.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky